What's new

India's Advise to Its Students Stuck in Bangladesh: Stay in Hostels, Be Safe Amid Coronavirus Scare

And is coronavirus spreading in Bangladesh? And that was before it had spread all over the world. Now its the same, India/Bangladesh or China.
If it's spreading all the same in all these countries then it would make no difference to bring them back...

In fact before it didn't make sense to pull them out. While it was only in China...it was better then to keep ur citizens there(best course of action for all countries)...that way it would have been contained in one country(China). For each country to pull out their citizens would have created pockets of infected ppl in other countries(where it wasn't spreading at the time). Any little mishap in quarantine and there could be a pandemic in said country.

If it's spreading all the same in all these countries then it would make no difference to bring them back...
In the prevailing situation all over the world it would be rather difficult for the GoI to take the Kashmiri students a 3,000 km domestic journey when even transports are not in service. They can stay safe in Dhaka under the watch of a organ of education ministry. We can just pray for them earnestly.

In the prevailing situation all over the world it would be rather difficult for the GoI to take the Kashmiri students a 3,000 km domestic journey when even transports are not in service. They can stay safe in Dhaka under the watch of a organ of education ministry. We can just pray for them earnestly.
Right...that's not the point I was making.

Earlier when this virus was just limited to China...all the countries were pulling out their citizens...adding to the risk of spreading it in other regions. Granted they were to be quarantined...but should there be any mishap and it would've meant the virus spreading in another country. At that time Pak decided not to pull out their students from China...in an effort to keep it contained in the region where the virus was already spreading. Indians here on PDF were opening threads left and right to mock Pakistan...to imply that Pak was unable to take care of its citizens. So now that India has decided NOT to get its infected citizens back from BD...I was trying to show the mirror to those idiots.

In fact before it didn't make sense to pull them out. While it was only in China...it was better then to keep ur citizens there(best course of action for all countries)...that way it would have been contained in one country(China). For each country to pull out their citizens would have created pockets of infected ppl in other countries(where it wasn't spreading at the time). Any little mishap in quarantine and there could be a pandemic in said country.

It was best policy to bring them back in controlled manner and put in quarantine...given the situation in Wuhan.

You leave them there, some of them will find a way to return back in uncontrolled way regardless.....just like what happened with Pakistan (before the pilgrim deluge from Iran)....thats a bigger, worse vector problem by far...given you cannot even attempt relevant contact-tracing.

Developed countries also pretty much did the same thing as India regarding known citizens trapped.

The transmission influx was mostly prompted in West by masses of Chinese workers like the 100,000 - 400,000 in northern italy returning from CNY (and allowed to return and even show "solidarity" in mix-mingle "fight-waycism" hugging stunts)....most of which happened before the sobering number reality + wechat videos erupted from Wuhan after their govt couldnt suppress the reality anymore.

So now that India has decided NOT to get its infected citizens back from BD...I was trying to show the mirror to those idiots.

The infection hotspot rate in BD is nowhere near what it was and is in Wuhan and China at large. So no, there is not much mirror shown here at all. Pakistan's policy was awful and bad, people inevitably returned in uncontrolled way....getting past easy to bribe airport staff apparently.

It was best policy to bring them back in controlled manner and put in quarantine...given the situation in Wuhan.

You leave them there, some of them will find a way to return back in uncontrolled way regardless.....just like what happened with Pakistan (before the pilgrim deluge from Iran)....thats a bigger, worse vector problem by far...given you cannot even attempt relevant contact-tracing.

Developed countries also pretty much did the same thing as India regarding known citizens trapped.

The transmission influx was mostly prompted in West by masses of Chinese workers like the 100,000 - 400,000 in northern italy returning from CNY (and allowed to return and even show "solidarity" in mix-mingle "fight-waycism" hugging stunts)....most of which happened before the sobering number reality + wechat videos erupted from Wuhan after their govt couldnt suppress the reality anymore.

The infection hotspot rate in BD is nowhere near what it was and is in Wuhan and China at large. So no, there is not much mirror shown here at all. Pakistan's policy was awful and bad, people inevitably returned in uncontrolled way....getting past easy to bribe airport staff apparently.
I disagree...u can't relate the Pak government's decision to not pull out its citizens from China to ppl spilling over from Iran.

1) China is way better equipped than Pak in terms of medical facilities, staff, resources.
2) No ppl from China that Pak didn't pull out...illegally crossed over to Pak and caused the spread of the virus in the country.
3) The virus was controlled and number of cases started dropping in Wuhan and the rest of China.

So keeping them there was a good step

As for ppl infected with coronavirus spilling over from Iran...that is a separate issue involving a different country altogether. The spillover from Iran to Pakistan happened even before the two governments(Iran/Pak) could figure out what to do. Not to mention that Iran isn't well equipped to fight this(as compared to China).

So u r comparing apples and oranges here.

I disagree...u can't relate the Pak government's decision to not pull out its citizens from China to ppl spilling over from Iran.

They literally slipped over into Pakistan from China hot spot. Did you miss that whole thread?

1) China is way better equipped than Pak in terms of medical facilities, staff, resources.

Any country can do a simple mandatory quarantine procedure.

2) No ppl from China that Pak didn't pull out...illegally crossed over to Pak and caused the spread of the virus in the country.

OK so you did miss the news+thread after all. Can't find it now, but maybe I will search for it later. There was a news report that people came in from China using 3rd party travel means regardless (though they might not have been specifically the 800 students, but from another part of China nearby iirc, given the virus had already spread well past Wuhan by that point)....specifically because of Pak govt policy made known to them...and they didnt want to be caught stranded like the 800 students or so.

They literally slipped over into Pakistan from China hot spot. Did you miss that whole thread?

Any country can do a simple mandatory quarantine procedure.

OK so you did miss the news+thread after all. Can't find it now, but maybe I will search for it later. There was a news report that people came in from China using 3rd party travel means regardless (though they might not have been specifically the 800 students, but from another part of China nearby iirc, given the virus had already spread well past Wuhan by that point)....specifically because of Pak govt policy made known to them...and they didnt want to be caught stranded like the 800 students or so.
I must've missed that news...based on the news that I've been reading...a vast majority of cases in Pak lead back to Iran.

If ppl did come through some 3rd party means...that's on them for going against their government's policies.

As for a simple quarantine...ppl in Pakistan(who have been infected with coronavirus) have broken quarantine...and run off.

In contrast China has fared better than other countries including Pak. I standby my opinion that it was a better course of action from the government to try to contain it in one area rather than pulling out its citizens.

Also do send me a link of that news/thread u were talking about...I would like to read it to be better informed.

I must've missed that news...based on the news that I've been reading...a vast majority of cases in Pak lead back to Iran.

If ppl did come through some 3rd party means...that's on them for going against their government's policies.

As for a simple quarantine...ppl in Pakistan(who have been infected with coronavirus) have broken quarantine...and run off.

In contrast China has fared better than other countries including Pak. I standby my opinion that it was a better course of action from the government to try to contain it in one area rather than pulling out its citizens.

Also do send me a link of that news/thread u were talking about...I would like to read it to be better informed.

Will try find it later. Can't find it right now. Hopefully it wasn't deleted. I can't find it in a quick regular google news search...because I think it was local Pakistan media (and who knows it might have been some rumour mill there too).

Back
Top Bottom