What's new

Indians going abroad pack kilos of ghar ka khana

Along with Maggie (which is survival item for veggies in abroad) I always carry a small pressure cooker (2-3 ltrs) which makes cooking very easy and this item is hard to find in abroad.

One of the main reasons Indians in general & students in particular are on the recieving end of things when abroad is the in ability to assimilate with local customs, food , habit & culture.

I have seen Indians ( & paksitanis) sticking together and missing opportunities to make new friends .

Food habits too is an issue . How long with " home food ( veg ) ' last ?

We are too insular to allow ourselves to know more.

One of the main reasons Indians in general & students in particular are on the recieving end of things when abroad is the in ability to assimilate with local customs, food , habit & culture.

I have seen Indians ( & paksitanis) sticking together and missing opportunities to make new friends .

Food habits too is an issue . How long with " home food ( veg ) ' last ?

We are too insular to allow ourselves to know more.

BTw..thats oneof the reasons why Indian restaurants in these places make a killing!

BTw..thats oneof the reasons why Indian restaurants in these places make a killing!
Never go to an Indian restaurant in USA?UK? etc they serve the left over food of previous customer to the new ones.

Well since it is only a business trip I dont want to spend much on food and being a vegetarian it is tough to find good vegetarian food.

What if the oil in which the food is being cooked is derived from animal fat ??

These things ensure that one carries their home food...

if you are in toronto then try Brar "Sweets &Restaurant" in mississauga you will not regret it

My Packing list to US

Maggi -10 packs - 3nos
readymade rice mix -4 pack (sambar, puli,parupu, etc)
Rice cooker - 3 lts
Rice -5 kgs
pickles - 1bottle
ginger oil - 1liter
sugar - 1kg
salt - 1kg
knor soup pack -10 (with different flavor)
Ghee - 1/2 kg

PACKING LIST from US to India

Laptop -2 nos
Digital camera -1 nos
Hard disk -1no
Playstation 3 -1 no
Vacuum cleaner - 1no (for doing R&D with that)
handycam -1 no

There are a bunch of Indian restaurants here in Phoenix which some serve strict veggie dishes. Kind of unusual to pack so much food lol

Yup !! I can't live without Maggi and home made chutneys so i make sure to pack them in dozens ...

My Packing list to US

Maggi -10 packs - 3nos
readymade rice mix -4 pack (sambar, puli,parupu, etc)
Rice cooker - 3 lts
Rice -5 kgs
pickles - 1bottle
ginger oil - 1liter
sugar - 1kg
salt - 1kg
knor soup pack -10 (with different flavor)
Ghee - 1/2 kg

PACKING LIST from US to India

Laptop -2 nos
Digital camera -1 nos
Hard disk -1no
Playstation 3 -1 no
Vacuum cleaner - 1no (for doing R&D with that)
handycam -1 no

Haha! Dude, you pack sugar and salt? Lol! BTW, aren't electronics cheaper in India?

By Maggi you mean Maggi noodles ?

467658977_7e707c9b29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom