What's new

Indians, Asians fast becoming politically relevant in US: Report

That's counting birth rate, but the majority of the increase in the Hispanic American population is through immigration, if I remember correctly.

And it's being curtailed nowadays, innit? Their growth in the last two decades at least hasn't been spectacular, as is the case with Asian immigrants.

And it's being curtailed nowadays, innit? Their growth in the last two decades at least hasn't been spectacular, as is the case with Asian immigrants.

I'm not sure of the practicality of curtailing immigration, considering Hispanic families being relatively large, the enormous border with Mexico (which is being barricaded), and more importantly the vast US coastlines, and the fact that Hispanic immigrants in the Americas really only have one place to go.

In China we don't give citizenship to foreigners (except in exceptional circumstances) so if there are a huge number of Columbians in a certain area, it's easy to check if they are on valid visas or not. Compared to the USA where large numbers of Columbians wouldn't cause anyone to bat an eyelid.

Hispanics are awesome though, I would love to see an America that is majority Hispanic, I might even finally take a vacation and visit there if such a thing happened. I'm a Hong Konger, not sure how easy it would be to get a vacation visa to there.

I'm not sure of the practicality of curtailing immigration, considering Hispanic families being relatively large, the enormous border with Mexico (which is being barricaded), and more importantly the vast US coastlines, and the fact that Hispanic immigrants in the Americas really only have one place to go.

In China we don't give citizenship to foreigners (except in exceptional circumstances) so if there are a huge number of Hispanics in a certain area, it's easy to check if they are on valid visas or not. Compared to the USA where large numbers of Columbians wouldn't cause anyone to bat an eyelid.

Hispanics are awesome though, I would love to see an America that is majority Hispanic, I might even finally take a vacation and visit there if such a thing happened.

What's your beef against the good-ol' whites?:mad:

What's your beef against the good-ol' whites?:mad:

I don't have a beef with white people at all, I went to an International School in Hong Kong, I have several friends who are whites (British/Canadian/Australian) who are studying or working as expatriates in HK.

I do think Hispanic women are incredibly beautiful though, hence me being positively inclined towards a majority Hispanic USA. :P

I haven't visited the USA thus far because I disagree with their foreign policy towards China, though the Americans I have met in HK have been very friendly in general, and as individuals I have a positive impression of them.

I always judge individuals as individuals. Politics is separate.

I don't have a beef with white people at all, I went to an International School in Hong Kong, I have several friends who are whites (British/Canadian/Australian) who are studying or working as expatriates in HK.

I do think Hispanic women are incredibly beautiful though, hence me being positively inclined towards a majority Hispanic USA. :P

I share that sentiment.:cheers: Another reason why I like Indian girls the most. They all look hispanic.:lol:

I share that sentiment.:cheers: Another reason why I like Indian girls the most. They all look hispanic.:lol:

Yeah they do look a bit Hispanic actually. The mixed race look tends to be quite nice I think, Hispanics for example are usually half Native American... and half something else (European, Black, etc).

Anyway why do you think I have a problem with whites? Do you think I go and "round up" my neighbourhood Triads in Hong Kong, and perform "Sha qian dao" on any "Gwai Lo/Laowai" that we can find? :P

Triads are too busy making money to be slicing up whites bro.

Yeah they do look a bit Hispanic actually. The mixed race look tends to be quite nice I think, Hispanics for example are usually half Native American... and half something else (European, Black, etc).

Anyway why do you think I have a problem with whites? Do you think I go and "round up" my neighbourhood Triads in Hong Kong, and perform "Sha qian dao" on any "Gwailo/Laowai" that we can find? :P

:lol:
My question was in jest...found it funny that you said you were waiting for US to turn majority hispanic before embarking on a trip to that place.

Wait....Are you a member of the Triad by any chance?:fie:

Indians and Asians aren't tend to be too politically active. Atleast not as much as Muslims are.

In last elections, Muslim-Americans hardwork resulted in the defeat of powerful Republican candidates such as Alan West and many others. These idiots had made anti-Muslim/anti-Islamic remarks, so Muslim-Americans got them by their balls and threw them out of the congress.

:meeting:

We need more Indian, Mexicans, Asians etc in American political sphere...The more diversity, the better.

:lol:
My question was in jest...found it funny that you said you were waiting for US to turn majority hispanic before embarking on a trip to that place.

That's due to my opposition to American foreign policy vis-a-vis China, I have nothing against Americans of any background. In fact I regularly have friendly chats with American tourists who are visiting HK, who are generally extremely nice people.

Wait....Are you a member of the Triad by any chance?:fie:

No I'm not a member of the Triads. :P

I do know some people who are though, and you would be surprised. They mostly sell black market goods, loan money, and stuff like that. No machine gunning Chow Yun-fat flying around with John Woo twin pistols or anything. :D

They are very focused on making money more than anything else. They are not like gangsters in Los Angeles or South Africa who would shoot some random person on the street just for the Hell of it. Triads don't usually attack civilians for no reason, they have standards, a bit like the Italian Mafia perhaps. If they fight, they usually fight/kill other Triads, not civilians.

Last edited:
Alan West is black...in case you guys are getting the wrong impression...

And he is a Republican.

Republicans are idiots for the most part. They are old-fashioned loons who want to 'preserve' the 'traditional (read white)' culture of America. Whatever that means.

The biggest media anchor of Republican base, Bill O' Reilly, even said it straight out after Obama's victory. He said "This is not a traditional America anymore. In 1980's, a candidate like Mitt Romney belonging to the white establishment would have easily defeated Obama. Not anymore" lol

That's why I said : More diversity, the better.

Many Republicans hate immigrants, Mexicans, Muslims, and pretty much everyone else other than them.

Muslim Americans used to be over-overwhelmingly Republican supporters...but now we know their true face.

Even good-hearted average Republican supporting Americans are disappointed with their party.

You do know it was the republican who brought about the progressive era and abolished slavery?

The biggest media anchor of Republican base, Bill O' Reilly, even said it straight out after Obama's victory. He said "This is not a traditional America anymore. In 1980's, a candidate like Mitt Romney belonging to the white establishment would have easily defeated Obama. Not anymore"

Actually one of the the main reasons he lost is because he is a Mormon.
Which most Christians look at as severe heretics.

Asian in the US less than 5%, fast growing population aren't Asian but Latino in the US.

Actually one of the the main reasons he lost is because he is a Mormon.
Which most Christians look at as severe heretics.

Majority of 'whites' gave him votes anyways.

Him being a mormon does mean crap.

Christianity barely plays a role in one's deciding factor on voting..specially in wider America...outside the Southern states

Back
Top Bottom