What's new

Indian Zen Mobiles to enter Bangladesh by April

.... they could have come up with better names....
zen =sounds more like japanese/chinese
micromax....:blink::blink: they could have done much better...but hey , nice ADVERTISEMENT ...they are catching up...

BRAND NAME's ...BETTER PUBLICITY...are as much important as QUALITY...
remember,, VIRGIN MOBILE they stormed overnight with that awesome ..lesbian ADV :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zen is derived from the Sanskrit word Dhyana..
But Micromaxx name sounds like lingerie. Wish they had given a little more thought.

Does anyone own Videocon Mobile? How is its performance? is it popular?

My younger sister uses a Qmobile E900(Micromax X505) and for it's price range it's a great phone. The touch sensitivity is particlarly appreciable, being much sensitive than most LG and Nokia resistive screens.

I heard micromax's share is almost that of samsung's

Nokia Market Share in India Falling (Losing Out To Local Players)

Nokia losing market share is no big news, but its a big news when the story is happening in India or any other emerging market, where Nokia always had a strong hold.

We earlier shared a report by IDC India on the growth of mobile sales in India (for 2009) and some of the key numbers from the report were:

* Nokia market share in India fell from 56.2% share in 2008 to 54.1% in 2009.
* Local players have grabbed 17.5% market share [from 0.9%, a year back] :woot::woot:
* Only 5 local manufacturers in 2008 and the number stands at 28 now!
* Samsung’s share rose marginally to 9.7% from 9.5%

Nothing much has changed in 2010 and here are the latest figures (comparison between ‘08-09 and ‘09-10, from Voice&Data)

* Nokia market share dipped from 64% in ‘08-09 to 52.2% in ‘09-10.
* Samsung gained the market share – 10% to 17.4% in ‘09-10.
* LG’s market share increased marginally from 4.5% to 5.9%.
* Losers include Sony Ericsson (market share fell from 6% to 3%), Motorola (3.5% to 1%), ZTE (5.6% to 1.9%).
* Micromax has been one of the major winners, from nothing to 4.1% [drive by huge advertising during IPL].
* Karbonn’s market share too increased to 3% – via

As per Industry estimates, 108 million mobile phones were sold in the country in 2009-10, resulting in sales of Rs 27,000 crore as against Rs 25,910 crore during the previous year.

Nokia’s revenue too fell from Rs16,567 crore to Rs14,100 crore and the company is now betting big on services like messaging, life tools and digital music.

Quick snapshot of Nokia’s presence in India

* Launched 22 devices during FY 2009-10 (Nokia N8,N9..How many phones will Nokia Launch to combat an iPhone?)
* 45% of its 2 lakh retail outlets are in the rural areas
* Crossed production of 350 mn handsets in April 2010

In India, Nokia is betting big on life tools products even though the company seems to be losing the smartphone war.

We have been quite vocal in talking about the loss of strategy at Nokia and even though the above market share numbers need not be truly correct, the writing is on the wall.

Nokia market share in India | Micromax Market Share

Micro'MAX'ing Nokia's share

Mr. Wahid Nasirullah, who has a small mobile store near Sewri station amongst several stores in the surrounding says, “Earlier on, I used to stock only big names like Nokia and Samsung but since the Chinese handsets came in, we saw local manufacturers coming up with their own answer. :cheers: As the public likes it, we have to stock them. Now my store has more Micromax mobiles than Nokia ones.” Small mobile handset players are going to take over the market. Mobile penetration is high and most of the untapped market is the lower segment of Sec C and Sec D consumers, for whom a QWERTY keypad phone at a throw away price is equal to owning an I-phone, well almost! Ask Mr. Nasirullah the reason for Micromax’s success and he answers, “The cost factor! Micromax is giving the same things as Nokia and more at half the price and people are intelligent, they don’t want the brand. As long as they’re getting good warranty and good service no one’s bothered.”

True! Mr. Nasirullah’s store is one amongst the thousands of such unorganized retail mobile outlets which account for more than sixty percent of mobile sales in the Indian market (thanks to their selling handsets lower than stores like Croma and The Mobile Store), and he might just have made a valid point. Due to the sheer competition, the mobile market is almost getting commoditized.

A YOUNG MARKETER'S WORLD!: Micro'MAX'ing Nokia's share

My younger sister uses a Qmobile E900(Micromax X505) and for it's price range it's a great phone. The touch sensitivity is particlarly appreciable, being much sensitive than most LG and Nokia resistive screens.

As per my knowledge,Micromax is already in Pakistan,
But they r selling it as Qmobile

I just can not understand why bd government is teaming up with these unknown low class brand of india... instead of trying to teaming up with big brands... I personally think huawei is much better than this zen... as huawei has a good present in bd... so bd could team up with it or even with samsung.... I think korea would be glad to do so.. as it would give them chance to increase their market share... now what a shame... this lower class bharti brand will manufacture 1 million cell and will make bd its dumping ground... :S

Samsung is going for standalone investment in BD. USD 1.2 billion. They asked for 500 plots in EPZ.

Back
Top Bottom