What's new

Indian woman's head blown off after resisting militants' rape, paramilitary rushed to the region

Cyberian

BANNED
Reaction score
Woman's Head Blown off after Resisting Militants' Rape Bid
Wednesday June 4, 2014

SHILLONG: Garo militants brutally blew the head off a tribal woman, claiming her to be a police informer, after she resisted their attempts at molestation and rape in South Garo Hills district in Meghalaya.

A group of four to five militants of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) toting assault rifles entered the house of the 35-year-old woman at the remote Raja Rongat village at around 6 PM yesterday, IGP (Operations), GHP Raju said today.

She was pulled out of her home, assaulted, molested and attempts were made to rape her. When she resisted, she was shot at point blank range splitting her head in two, he said.

The militants, before dragging the woman outside, locked up her husband and four children inside the house.

In New Delhi, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said, "I have spoken to the Chief Minister and have asked to identify the culprits and ensure that strict punishment is given to them." He said P A Sangma-led National People's Party has submitted a memorandum to him alleging that the law and order machinery in Meghalaya has completely failed and the central government should intervene.

"We are looking into it," he said. Chief Minister Mukul Sangma described it as "the most shameful act" and said it could not be expected of a militant organisation that claimed to be fighting for the people.

"I have apprised Union Minister of State for Home of the incident and the kind of support that the state government requires at this juncture," he said at Shillong.

"The police have identified those who were involved in the killing. They are members of the GNLA," he said.

State Home Minister Roshan Warjri was on her way to the village to inquire about the 'inhumane behaviour' of the militants, the chief minister said. The state government announced a compensation of Rs one lakh to the woman's family.

The GNLA in a statement later denied that the woman was molested or raped and said that she was 'executed' as she was a 'police informer'.

The banned GNLA was declared a terror organisation by the Centre in January 2012 and was involved in several cases of murder, kidnapping and extortion in all three Garo Hills districts.

Woman's Head Blown off after Resisting Militants' Rape Bid -The New Indian Express

Also Read: Centres Rushes 1,000 Paramilitary Personnel to Meghalaya

Woman's Head Blown off after Resisting Militants' Rape Bid
Wednesday June 4, 2014

SHILLONG: Garo militants brutally blew the head off a tribal woman, claiming her to be a police informer, after she resisted their attempts at molestation and rape in South Garo Hills district in Meghalaya.

A group of four to five militants of the Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) toting assault rifles entered the house of the 35-year-old woman at the remote Raja Rongat village at around 6 PM yesterday, IGP (Operations), GHP Raju said today.

She was pulled out of her home, assaulted, molested and attempts were made to rape her. When she resisted, she was shot at point blank range splitting her head in two, he said.

The militants, before dragging the woman outside, locked up her husband and four children inside the house.

In New Delhi, Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said, "I have spoken to the Chief Minister and have asked to identify the culprits and ensure that strict punishment is given to them." He said P A Sangma-led National People's Party has submitted a memorandum to him alleging that the law and order machinery in Meghalaya has completely failed and the central government should intervene.

"We are looking into it," he said. Chief Minister Mukul Sangma described it as "the most shameful act" and said it could not be expected of a militant organisation that claimed to be fighting for the people.

"I have apprised Union Minister of State for Home of the incident and the kind of support that the state government requires at this juncture," he said at Shillong.

"The police have identified those who were involved in the killing. They are members of the GNLA," he said.

State Home Minister Roshan Warjri was on her way to the village to inquire about the 'inhumane behaviour' of the militants, the chief minister said. The state government announced a compensation of Rs one lakh to the woman's family.

The GNLA in a statement later denied that the woman was molested or raped and said that she was 'executed' as she was a 'police informer'.

The banned GNLA was declared a terror organisation by the Centre in January 2012 and was involved in several cases of murder, kidnapping and extortion in all three Garo Hills districts.

Also Read: Centres Rushes 1,000 Paramilitary Personnel to Meghalaya
Whats the hell is going on in India?????:o:o_O:what::undecided::sad:

Madness... their whole system has collapse. People of India in their confused and desperate state of mind have democratically elected a fascist Hindu extremist regime as they new Government!
But why won't the Indians admit this? they act as if their newly elected Government will give them gold in return for their votes!

suddenly this movement has taken momentum, may be due to the change in govt. I am sure heavy retaliation will occur from Paramilitary.

People in the Indian society or people living in this district need to do something about this trend.

Where I'm from, our whole society if not our military forces would immediately make an example out of such criminals. And the family of such criminals must hand them over we will definitely take matters into our hands right away.

But why won't the Indians admit this? they act as if their newly elected Government will give them gold in return for their votes!
Stop trolling u both....not buying your crap.:coffee:....Do something productive to your country.

1000 para military deployed by the Center to Meghalaya already. Check the news . Don't paint a picture of the ruling government as some fascists unless your brains are in your testicles. This is one govt. that has acted swiftly. Had it been for the Congress, they would have waited 2 weeks or none at all before situation worsened.

Suparco - of all Pakistani posters, I had greater expectations from you. You disappoint me !

People in the Indian society or people living in this district need to do something about this trend.

Where I'm from, our whole society if not our military forces would immediately make an example out of such criminals. And the family of such criminals must hand them over we will definitely take matters into our hands right away.

Are you kidding me? You think Indian society doesn't take law and order into their own hands? Bro, you need to research quite a few instnces where folks have taken criminals from police stations and given such criminals vigilante justice! Lynching, stoning, etc are many examples of what is used. The issue is that if those who cimmit such acts inlcuding armed forces are subjected to the law and also, the media wil criticize such action as being UN demcractic!

Are you kidding me? You think Indian society doesn't take law and order into their own hands? Bro, you need to research quite a few instnces where folks have taken criminals from police stations and given such criminals vigilante justice! Lynching, stoning, etc are many examples of what is used. The issue is that if those who cimmit such acts inlcuding armed forces are subjected to the law and also, the media wil criticize such action as being UN demcractic!

Great to know that. Hope the people also stay on top of it as as a second layer of law and order.

Op along with many our friendly neighbourhood posters act like they are from high HDI,highGDI and world most happiest country where girls are not stoned to death in high court ,where miniority are forcibly raped and converted where Law is so powerful that. honour killings is just something they never heard of and not to mention terrorism doesn't act even in their dream.

OMG this is horrible. My prayer goes out to the family of the lady. I hope these Garo mother f^%$&^%^ gets *** raped dry.

Madness... their whole system has collapse. People of India in their confused and desperate state of mind have democratically elected a fascist Hindu extremist regime as they new Government!

Some people have vacuum between their ears, I see. This was an act of terror perpetrated by a terrorist seperatist group called the Garo liberation front, and even for that you blame Modi? BTW Modi's govt has rushed 1000s of paramilitary forces to that place, and currently they are battling those very terrorists as I write this. So maybe you would change your opinion? No of course you won't, you on't let facts get in the way of your opinions. But for people who form their opinions from the available facts and not the other way round,

Meghalaya: Encounter On With Militants Who Killed Woman in Front of Her Children | NDTV.com

OMG this is horrible. My prayer goes out to the family of the lady. I hope these Garo mother f^%$&^%^ gets *** raped dry.
The police and paramilitaries are busting their hideouts and pumping lead into them right now.

Back
Top Bottom