What's new

INDIAN TANKS, SPECIAL FORCES ON STANDBY : MALDIVES CRISIS SPIRALS

As I said, I will believe it when it happens. Till then it is merely wishful thinking.
come let me slap your face @Jackdaws :omghaha:
Amid Crisis, Maldives Sends Envoys To "Friendly" Nations, India Not Included
MALE: Maldives President Abdulla Yameen, who appears to have gained the upper handin a bitter power struggle in the tiny island nation, on Wednesday decided to reach out to "friendly countries", announcing envoys to China, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/on-...-envoys-to-friendly-nations-not-india-1810025

MALE: Maldives President Abdulla Yameen, who appears to have gained the upper handin a bitter power struggle in the tiny island nation, on Wednesday decided to reach out to "friendly countries", announcing envoys to China, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/on-...-envoys-to-friendly-nations-not-india-1810025

Did you miss the part that first visit was India? And MEA declined the meeting because the minister was unavailable?

But don’t let me stop your roll.

LOL - and let me turn the other cheek so you can feel better.
Difference between opening batsman and tailenders -
http://www.news18.com/news/world/in...or-special-envoys-visit-maldives-1654793.html

Republic of India and Islamic Republic of Afghanistan are having strong relations even during the time of League of Nations.
And Republic of India,was Non-existant entity back then,just a colony of British Empire,with 'no to say' in Diplomatic Relationships and her main job was to provide cannon fodder in British wars.

so what did finally happen to this episode
another super power victory`?

India will send troops if she want and China wont come nearer to it since both India and US is 600km from there .
Of Course that would be a Doklam for China

this time situation is different.you can send army on maldives but any action from indian side is closely monitored by china.everyone wants maldives and china have strategic interest there just like india.

India has intervened in Maldives before, so it will intervene again if needed.
Indian Ocean and island nations in it have very close relations with India, and fall under Indian sphere of influence.
We need to maintain our influence in IOR for the foreseeable future.

Indian sphere of influence may be the thing of the Pass, now these nations stand neutral and befriend with China, if India want regime change to suite their geo-politic interest at the expense of China, nothing prevent China to support the opposition and reciprocate to what India did, we shall see who will prevail.

If President Yamin asks for support from China and Pakistan, we can send a joint fleet there to ensure Maldives independence.
I think Yameen is proposing this already when he sent a defence rep to Pakistan and an econ rep to China. The message is clear, Muslim soldiers on Muslim soil supported by Chinese strategic funding and political clout. If need to include Navy, the fleet in Djibouti will come in. That's the reason why Gwadar base should have been up and running for years, the PRC gov keep delaying for pacifist reasons. You cannot reason with India, they are delusional to the core, they are a local hegemon with a supa powan mentality. These guys are not coherent, now coupled with Hindu fanatism, and Modi the supa man, we need to start teaching these slumdogs their position in the world.

this time situation is different.you can send army on maldives but any action from indian side is closely monitored by china.everyone wants maldives and china have strategic interest there just like india.

If India intervened seriously in there ,whole world including China will sit in their home and monitor .
Like I said what happened in Doklam

Have Indian tanks and special forces entered the Maldives yet?

If India intervened seriously in there ,whole world including China will sit in their home and monitor .
LOL, so what happened in Doklam, brave jawans retreated and China occupied the plateau. Typical Indian competency, stir up shit and let the Bhutanese clean it up.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...ives-crisis/article22699562.ece?homepage=true

Washington, February 09, 2018 07:35 IST
Updated: February 09, 2018 13:58 IST

The White House says the two leaders also pledged to continue working together to enhance security and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region.

United States President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi have expressed concern over the political situation in the Maldives over a phone call, as they also discussed the situation in Afghanisthan and enhancing security in the Indo-Pacific region, the White House said.

“Both leaders expressed concern about the political crisis in Maldives and the importance of respect for democratic institutions and rule of law,” the White House said in a readout of the phone call between Mr. Trump and Mr. Modi, the first in this year.

The Maldives plunged into a political chaos on last Thursday when the apex court ordered the release of nine imprisoned opposition politicians, maintaining that their trials were “politically motivated and flawed.”

The Yameen government has refused to implement the ruling, prompting a wave of protests in Maldives capital, Male.

Maldives’ Supreme Court Chief Justice Abdulla Saeed and judge Ali Hameed were arrested hours after Mr. Yameen declared a state of emergency.

The White House said the two leaders also pledged to continue working together to enhance security and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region.

“Affirming President Trump’s South Asia strategy, they reiterated their commitment to supporting Afghanistan’s security and stability,” the White House said.

Rohingya crisis
Mr. Modi and Mr. Trump also exchanged views on Myanmar and ways to address the plight of the Rohingya refugees.

As of now, there are some 680,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh, putting an enormous pressure on the economy of the country.

Recently, Myanmar and Bangladesh agreed on a road map of return of these refugees to their homes.

The US believes that this is not the right time for the return of Rohingya refugees.

According to the White House, during the call, Mr. Trump and Mr. Modi discussed further steps to ensure denuclearisation of North Korea.

“Finally, the leaders agreed to strengthen security and economic cooperation as they look forward to the ‘2+2’ ministerial dialogue between their defence and diplomatic officials in April,” the White House said.

The ‘2+2 dialogue’ was announced after the White House meeting between Mr. Modi and Mr. Trump in June 2017.

The dialogue will involve External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman from India along with their American counterparts Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

doklam is under chinese control and they made a complex there.i think if they expand things further,there might be chance of an escalation.i don't know why are you so confident about maldives.i think nobody will send army to maldives.

doklam is under chinese control and they made a complex there.i think if they expand things further,there might be chance of an escalation.i don't know why are you so confident about maldives.i think nobody will send army to maldives.

Yes they did. On the Chinese side.

Do you want me to teach you how to read a map?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom