What's new

INDIAN Space Capsule , Discussions

This plan first opened by Madhavan Nair in Jan 2009 , I hardly believe human can build another Saturn 5 again, 110tons load, 3000tons mass, 6.5 billion$ spent in 1960s, such as spend 120billion$ in 2011. Even the planed GSLV-III only 10tons to LEO and 630tons mass, even shorter and smaller than the first stage of Saturn 5
Designs for India's First Manned Spaceship Revealed | Space.com
BANGALORE, India -The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), with help from Russia, hopes to join the ranks of nations capable of independently launching astronauts into space around 2015 and has revealed the designs for its first orbiting crew capsule.

In its maiden manned mission, ISRO's largely autonomous 3-ton capsule will orbit the Earth at 248 miles (400 km) in altitude for up to seven days with a two-person crew on board, ISRO chairman G. Madhavan Nair announced Jan. 3 at the Indian Science Congress held in Shillong. The capsule will be designed to carry three people, and a planned upgraded version will be equipped with a rendezvous and docking capability, he said.

ISRO spokesman S. Satish told Space News Jan. 10 that the program is estimated to cost about 100 billion rupees ($2 billion) over an eight-year period dating back to 2007. The manned mission was formally proposed to the government in 2006.

Space Launch System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Soheil there are good relations between top scientists in India and Iran. I saw Indian scientists praising young scientists of Iran in a TV Debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice pics @Soheil.
and i have seen that iranians come up with very good pics.i really appreciate it.:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Until the cryogenic engine technology is perfected we cannot make rapid progress in space exploration. Hope ISRO perfects the cryo engine technology and also iron out all the issues from GSLV Mk I and Mk II. Without these we cannot make solid base for future rockets.

ISRO Human Space flight Program
Antriksh

ISRO Human Space flight program is split into following three different phases:

First phase: design, development and performance demonstration of critical technologies leading to manned space missions.
Second phase and third phase: establish the necessary infrastructure, do qualification tests including flight testing with test vehicles, PSLV, GSLV and GSLV Mk III and finally demonstrate the first Indian Human Spaceflight.

In the first phase, during the 12th plan period (2012-2018), ISRO has proposed to develop and demonstrate all the major technologies and infrastructure critical for Human Spaceflight Program (HSP) including pad abort test, Orbital Vehicle (OV), Crew Escape System (CES), Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) & Flight Suit, Human rating of Launch Vehicle (LVM3) and realizing essential facilities including third launch pad for the development and flight testing of these systems.

first major activity is pad abort test that is planned to demonstrate the performance of crew escape system (CES). This test will play a vital role in establishing the critical abort maneuver of the CES which has to take the crew module (CM) to an altitude of about 2 km and range of about 2 km from the launch pad.

Future of ISRO's spce exploration: Manned Autonomous NAvigation Vehicle (MANAV)

ISRO_MANAV.jpg

I am still not comfortable regarding Indian manned mission. Rather I would liked to see that GSLV Mk I and Mk II enters into commercial launch using our own cryogenic engine. Once 5-6 commercial launches are success then goto Mk III and once Mk III rocket is perfected then look for manned launch vehicles.

Right now we don't have a single proven cryogenic engine, without it nothing would happen.

I am still not comfortable regarding Indian manned mission. Rather I would liked to see that GSLV Mk I and Mk II enters into commercial launch using our own cryogenic engine. Once 5-6 commercial launches are success then goto Mk III and once Mk III rocket is perfected then look for manned launch vehicles.

Right now we don't have a single proven cryogenic engine, without it nothing would happen.

Human space flight will only happen after 2020. The work on the third launch pad that will support the HSP mission still in the planning phase. It will take time. LVM3 will only be operational after 2018, so HSP only after 2020.

Human space flight will only happen after 2020. The work on the third launch pad that will support the HSP mission still in the planning phase. It will take time. LVM3 will only be operational after 2018, so HSP only after 2020.

after 2020 !?

so you can't be the fourth county with the manned launch capability ...

you forget Iran & Japan !?

after 2020 !?

so you can't be the fourth county with the manned launch capability ...

you forget Iran & Japan !?

Does it really matter? Just having the required credible technology matters, and that too at a cheaper cost than the western peers.

It's not a cold war anymore. :tup:

Does :D for iranians :whistle:

If our first try fails, then the manned mission will face severe criticism in the country. And to save it's face, the ruling party might permanently close any future manned mission. Will be a big disaster for sure.

So our first priority is to test and validate all the required technology before giving the green signal.

Back
Top Bottom