What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

Are these spy satellites?:blink:

Dont know -- And in all probability India will never official declare so ... so lets keep guessing !!

The first official all weather dedicated armed forces satellite -- is set to be placed next year.

Congrats guys.

Oh SUPARCO !

Damn Cartosat-2.

Space is probably a great area where India and Pakistan can collaborate without any issues if sane people make decisions.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

5 Satellites in one go!!
This is yet another proof that India has MIRV capabilities.

Er no.......

Space is probably a great area where India and Pakistan can collaborate without any issues if sane people make decisions.

though i am no expert in this field, the first question that comes out of my mind is What will india get out of this i.e collaboration with pak in space and technology ?

There is a benefit for India to collaborate with european partners to get advanced tech and for them to have some cheaper launches and cost cuttings.... but what's the case with pakistan for india.... :azn:

ISRO's PSLV-C15 launched from Sriharikota part 1

ISRO's PSLV-C15 launched from Sriharikota part 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations ISRO & India, Awesome achievement, I believe GSLV is the final frontier now, expecting a successful launch of GSLV by year end :)

Are these spy satellites?:blink:

No, it is not a dedicated spy satellite.

Having said that, it still can be used to take photographs of your military/industrial infrastructure as and when required.

The resolution of those photographs wont be very good though.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Er no.......
Maybe not if you look at this launch in isolation. But looking at highly staggered capabilities across launches, I'd qualify that we at least have the mastery of the principles involved. Apart from multiple launches in space, we've also launched, navigated, reentered and recovered unmanned capsules- and this was quie some time ago. So one can surmise that we understand how it works and that can do it if we want to. I don't know if the government is truly comited to ICBM projects. They were quite ok stopping with ranges covering chinese territories.
I remember having read reports that they had asked the scientists to stand down on missile projects with ranges beyond 7000 Km. But now the situation is evolving...you wouldn't want your nuke submarines, say, to keep loitering within a certain radius to launch second strike. You may want them to fire at all ranges anywhere in the world. Especially ATV4 and 5 might be big enough to hold larger missiles..so some more work might be happening on the ICBM front.

Back
Top Bottom