What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

sure. our satellite has been there for more than 1 year already, and that is a full size satellite. it was lunched by a rocket 10 times more powerful than the India toy. this is what I saw.

I can only see plain nationalism from India's space program.

well for starters...we did what we did tin the most economic way...but then we actually dont expect the chinese to appreciate our space program at all.
your chinese trilion pixel sat...would not show you poppy on the moon surface now would it?so there has to be some purpose behind the resolution selected.

chinese rockets are 100 times powerful...but we wanted a rocket that could fly upto the moon..and ours did.period.

well for starters...we did what we did tin the most economic way...but then we actually dont expect the chinese to appreciate our space program at all.
your chinese trilion pixel sat...would not show you poppy on the moon surface now would it?so there has to be some purpose behind the resolution selected.

chinese rockets are 100 times powerful...but we wanted a rocket that could fly upto the moon..and ours did.period.

so that is now used to justify the pure nationalism the regime of india is using to fool its people? nationalism gets you nowhere.

I can tell you the truth mate - the reason why China is far more advanced in space program is not because we are going to launch our first space station in 2-3 years (Shenzhou 8/9/10 missions), it is not because we had 6 men already in the space, it is because now we educated Chinese no longer see it as major achievement of our nation.

I feel really funny that some "fans" post every single released image here on this forum just because it is india made. please just ask yourself why Americans internet users won't do this, why Chinese users won't do this, why Russsian users never thought about doing this? because there is just no such plain nationalism.

tell me why such moon image is related to defense and military? :disagree:

so that is now used to justify the pure nationalism the regime of india is using to fool its people? nationalism gets you nowhere.

I can tell you the truth mate - the reason why China is far more advanced in space program is not because we are going to launch our first space station in 2-3 years (Shenzhou 8/9/10 missions), it is not because we had 6 men already in the space, it is because now we educated Chinese no longer see it as major achievement of our nation.

I feel really funny that some "fans" post every single released image here on this forum just because it is india made. please just ask yourself why Americans internet users won't do this, why Chinese users won't do this, why Russsian users never thought about doing this? because there is just no such plain nationalism.

tell me why such moon image is related to defense and military? :disagree:

i fully appreciate this post of yours...shoes how intelligent you are.
the level of maturity you talk about will come with time mate.things wernt calm even with the americans and the soviets when there programs were fresh...the excitement was used to involve the masses into the space venture(as in the spirit)...space clubs in schools...lead to astronaut fanatasies...that sorta nationalism helps you...such achievments help a nation like india to forget it's problems and restablish a fresh belief in the people.it is definitely not negative.
another type of nationaloism would be to pick up ak47s and call for wars against the enemies of the 'hindu-rashtra' the parallels to which can be seen in afghanistan...it being jihad there...i would stick to being pro space!

things wernt calm even with the americans and the soviets when there programs were fresh...the excitement was used to involve the masses into the space venture(as in the spirit)...space clubs in schools...lead to astronaut

that "excitement" was 40 years ago when the computer used to control the spaceship only has 8k memory. any educated people should NOT be excited about launching a moon satellite using a 1970s style rocket.

fanatasies...that sorta nationalism helps you...such achievments help a nation like india to forget it's problems and restablish a fresh belief in the people.it is definitely not negative.

oh, please, just for the very basic fairness, such nationalism is pushing your young generation to have the idea of "incredible india" in mind.

trust me mate - when half of your female population couldn't even read/write, it would be much better to spend money on education. I can even promise you that a better educated population would not be interested in every single released moon image. in my country, I visit different online forums, we have large forums with billions of posts, we have military forums with millions of users, but I have NEVER seen anyone posting those moon image captured by our Chang'e satellite at such daily basis.

does this mean that we Chinese are less interested in science, technologies and space program? No. you can simply check the number of computer and space related online forums we have in China - we just no longer have such nationalism.

another type of nationaloism would be to pick up ak47s and call for wars against the enemies of the 'hindu-rashtra' the parallels to which can be seen in afghanistan...it being jihad there...i would stick to being pro space!

pro space doesn't mean people need to carry the useless nationalism.

sitting in the library/study room reading some well written books on space is called pro space. working hard in the labs for your national space program is called pro space. paying tax to make sure your national space program can get sufficient funding is called pro space.

however, a bold however, get excited for every launch/released image is just nationalism, not pro space.

that "excitement" was 40 years ago when the computer used to control the spaceship only has 8k memory. any educated people should NOT be excited about launching a moon satellite using a 1970s style rocket.

oh, please, just for the very basic fairness, such nationalism is pushing your young generation to have the idea of "incredible india" in mind.

trust me mate - when half of your female population couldn't even read/write, it would be much better to spend money on education. I can even promise you that a better educated population would not be interested in every single released moon image. in my country, I visit different online forums, we have large forums with billions of posts, we have military forums with millions of users, but I have NEVER seen anyone posting those moon image captured by our Chang'e satellite at such daily basis.

does this mean that we Chinese are less interested in science, technologies and space program? No. you can simply check the number of computer and space related online forums we have in China - we just no longer have such nationalism.

sitting in the library/study room reading some well written books on space is called pro space. working hard in the labs for your national space program is called pro space. paying tax to make sure your national space program can get sufficient funding is called pro space.

however, a bold however, get excited for every launch/released image is just nationalism, not pro space.

Sir,I appriciate your concern about our economy. We are not borrowing money to run our Space programme. We are not cutting funding into agriculture and education to fund for Space Technology.
We are doing what we have to do. We can clearly afford whatever we are doing.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. The moon mission is a big achievement for India, if it was soo easy to send satellites to the moon, 100 countries would have sent it there. And if you are talking about the importance of this mission, wait for 10 years, and you will know the absolute difference..

Cheers...

woah...!
you are fuming! and the idea of 'incredible india ' does what?

i will tell you something...the goal of our space program has always been to cater education.We for years have built and launched educational satellites and remote-sensing satellites and earth observation satellites.
after all it was China that took wars to space when you killed a satellite!
and are things that rosy in china?
you link nationalism and poverty of a counrty in such an intricate way that it is too lame to comprehend!you talk in millions and billions as if you've forgotten the problems china faces...

We are not borrowing money to run our Space programme. We are not cutting funding into agriculture and education to fund for Space Technology.
We are doing what we have to do. We can clearly afford whatever we are doing.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. The moon mission is a big achievement for India, if it was soo easy to send satellites to the moon, 100 countries would have sent it there. And if you are talking about the importance of this mission, wait for 10 years, and you will know the absolute difference..

I am asking why those moon images being posted here by some Indian members is related to the general topic of this forum? why those moon images are defense and military related?

wait for 10 years and see the difference? nothing offensive, but you can just look at the past 10 years and see what happened to Arjun and LCA.

i will tell you something...the goal of our space program has always been to cater education.We for years have built and launched educational satellites and remote-sensing satellites and earth observation satellites.
after all it was China that took wars to space when you killed a satellite!

when was your last major military conflict with other countries? in later 1990s, right? what is your contribution to the WWII? China committed millions of troops and thus got herself qualified for the permenant seat of the UNSC. you tell me which country is more peaceful.

for the military applications of our space program, sure, I can tell you more - all 6 taikouants we sent to the space are PLA fighter pilots, all in active service with the PLA, the whole program is operated by the PLA and the long march rockets being used have so close tie with our DF missiles.

educational satellites? we don't such propaganda materials. space program is used to fuel the domestic economy (weather forecast, communication, sensors etc) and for military purposes.

you link nationalism and poverty of a counrty in such an intricate way that it is too lame to comprehend!you talk in millions and billions as if you've forgotten the problems china faces...

we have a lot of problems, just like all other countries. but we don't have such plain nationalism.

again, I repeat my question - why the moon images are related to the general topic of this forum? why those moon images are defense and military related?

again, I repeat my question - why the moon images are related to the general topic of this forum? why those moon images are defense and military related?

Because the future wars will have a space component to it, for example, like using satellites for real time movement of troops or cutting off of communications of a country etc. Moon images will show a sign of India's strength in Space and not to be taken lightly by anyone.In that context, why did China used a missile to blow-up a satellite?. If you know answer for this, your question is already answered.

Because the future wars will have a space component to it, for example, like using satellites for real time movement of troops or cutting off of communications of a country etc. Moon images will show a sign of India's strength in Space and not to be taken lightly by anyone.In that context, why did China used a missile to blow-up a satellite?. If you know answer for this, your question is already answered.

please be aware that an anti satellite missile would be 100% match to the topic of this forum, however lunar images are NOT. NO one cares about such propaganda materials, if you can read, this is a defense and military forum, not image processing forum.

Apollo landing sites mapped by Chandrayaan-Pune-Cities-The Times of India

Apollo landing sites mapped by Chandrayaan
11 Jan 2009, 0256 hrs IST, Srinivas Laxman, TNN

PUNE: Nearly 40 years after Nasa's Apollo flights, which put a man on the moon, India's Chandrayaan mission launched on October 22, 2008, recently did something unique this week it mapped the landing sites of the six Apollo missions on the moon and the process ended on Saturday.

The Apollo flights were launched between July 1969 and December 1972.

This hitherto unknown aspect of the Chandrayaan programme was revealed to TOI on Saturday by a top scientist associated with the Indian moon mission, P Sreekumar, who quit his job in the US to be a part of the Indian moon team. He was among the participants at the inauguration of the International Year of Astronomy programme at the Pune-based Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCCA).

Sreekumar told TOI that that the six Apollo landing sites which were mapped related to those of Apollo 11, 12, 14 15 and 17. The process began on January 7 and ended on January 10. "Our purpose of carrying out this exercise was to validate and confirm the data through global mapping about the moon's surface and rocks which had been obtained by these Apollo flights," he said. It may be recalled that Apollo 11 placed Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon, which became historical because they were the first humans to step on the lunar surface.

He said that the mapping of the Apollo landing zones were done by six of the 11 scientific payloads on Chandrayaan which included the indigenous Terrain Mapping Camera which was first activated on October 29, 1995, {date mistake} the Hyper Spectal Imaging Camera also from Isro, Nasa's Moon Minerology Mapper, Radom from Bulgaria and the Near Infra-Red Spectrometer (Sir-2) of Germany.

Told that the Apollo landing sites were on the equatorial region of the moon, while Chandrayaan operated in the north-south polar orbit, Sreekumar explained that even though the Indian moon mission was flying in the polar orbit, it was successfully covering the entire surface of the moon, which included the six Apollo landing sites.

He said that another instrument on Chandrayaan, the Sub-Kev Atom Reflecting Analyser (SARA), a contribution through ESA from the Swedish Institute of Space Physics, the Space Physics Laboratory and the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, was activated this week. The role of this equipment is to image the moon's surface composition, including the permanently shadowed areas, study the solar wind interaction and carry out studies connected with space weathering.

I am asking why those moon images being posted here by some Indian members is related to the general topic of this forum? why those moon images are defense and military related?

You are not even the moderator,if they don't have a problem,what's your's......apart from the frustration that is

wait for 10 years and see the difference? nothing offensive, but you can just look at the past 10 years and see what happened to Arjun and LCA.

10 years later ShChinese will be that much older but none the more wiser :)

when was your last major military conflict with other countries? in later 1990s, right? what is your contribution to the WWII? China committed millions of troops and thus got herself qualified for the permenant seat of the UNSC. you tell me which country is more peaceful.

later 90's ?...A dumb question after being on a Pakistan defense forum for any amount of time

during the world war II India was busy liberating Japanese run whore camps in mainland China along with other allied forces.....

for the military applications of our space program, sure, I can tell you more - all 6 taikouants we sent to the space are PLA fighter pilots, all in active service with the PLA, the whole program is operated by the PLA and the long march rockets being used have so close tie with our DF missiles.

educational satellites? we don't such propaganda materials. space program is used to fuel the domestic economy (weather forecast, communication, sensors etc) and for military purposes.

we have a lot of problems, just like all other countries. but we don't have such plain nationalism.

I repeat this is none of your concern and nor requires any explaining to be done,as long as forum managers are ok with it. :yahoo:

You are not even the moderator,if they don't have a problem,what's your's......apart from the frustration that is

I am raising this issue which is clear to all educated people on this forum.

during the world war II India was busy liberating Japanese run whore camps in mainland China along with other allied forces.....

then show me the major battles you race has ever had for the world peace.

here is ours:
Second Sino-Japanese War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

about 45 Japanese generals were killed in combat. show me what you have done other than the "free india" which is a part of the Axis.

I repeat this is none of your concern and nor requires any explaining to be done,as long as forum managers are ok with it. :yahoo:

I have the right to raise the concern.

"I am raising this issue which is clear to all educated people on this forum. "

Educated in which ideology?

if u don't know of (United) india's contribution to world wars, too bad, but there's hope, use google and look up :)

Besides, China only fought for own survival, indians fought all over the world.

abt excessive nationalism, well we all saw the 'red armies' during the beijing olympics torch run :)

I am raising this issue which is clear to all educated people on this forum.

then show me the major battles you race has ever had for the world peace.

here is ours:
Second Sino-Japanese War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

about 45 Japanese generals were killed in combat. show me what you have done other than the "free india" which is a part of the Axis.

I have the right to raise the concern.

Calm down Shchinese.

Launch and let launch. Post and let post.

If the pure nationalism is bad for India, wouldn’t you be happier if you let it be there? Or, would you? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom