What's new

Indian research scholar at Oxford: Pakistan Army not involved in Bangladesh

Yes and Pakistanis will apologize and own up to whatever the real number is but not until they tell us the truth. I repeat Pakistani army men are humans not machines.
acceptance and fixing of responsibility is more important than apology. The fact is that pak army had started to dehumanize bangladeshis, and felt no remorse in killing them in such massive numbers.
We have seen similar abuse in iraq (numbers are very less though) and sri lanka too.

acceptance and fixing of responsibility is more important than apology. The fact is that pak army had started to dehumanize bangladeshis, and felt no remorse in killing them in such massive numbers.
We have seen similar abuse in iraq (numbers are very less though) and sri lanka too.

Well Musharaff already apologized a while back on a state level but the truth has to come out for the people.

Study conducted by Rudolph Rummel, professor emeritus at the university of Hawaii:
([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_Rummel]Rudolph Rummel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL])

STATISTICS OF PAKISTAN'S DEMOCIDE

In 1971 the self-appointed President of Pakistan and Commander-in-Chief of the Army, General Agha Mohammed Yahya Khan and his top generals prepared a careful and systematic military, economic, and political operation in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh). They also planned to murder its Bengali intellectual, cultural, and political elite. They also planned to indiscriminately murder hundreds of thousands of its Hindus and drive the rest into India. And they planned to destroy its economic base to insure that it would be subordinate to West Pakistan for at least a generation to come. This despicable and cutthroat plan was outright genocide.
After a well organized military buildup in East Pakistan the military launched its campaign. No more than 267 days later they had succeeded in killing perhaps 1,500,000 people, created 10,000,000 refugees who had fled to India, provoked a war with India, incited a counter-genocide of 150,000 non-Bengalis, and lost East Pakistan.

SOD.TAB8.2.GIF

There are several other scholarly research about this disgraceful mass murder and democide, and it is one that cannot be explained away or trivialized by Pakistan, no matter how hard they try. It is not that easy to erase the memory of a crime of such great magnitude, especially after it was observed with horror by the whole world, friends and foes alike. There is enough contemporary writings and research done by people from many countries, including the ones which allied with Pakistan and were inimical to India at the time. Pakistan committed democide on the Bangladeshi people. Sorry, but it is a historic fact.

3 Million Bangalis murdered by Pakistan Army-Claim of indians and Bangladeshis.

Meanwhile, of the 90,000 Pakistanis who surrendered to india in then East Pakistan, only about 40,000-50,000 were Pakistan Army soldiers. Rest were gov.t officials, doctors, and maintenance crews, etc. In other words, non-combatants.

How does such a small army manage to kill this many people?

Any expert, correct me if i'm wrong.

The 40,000 had guns. The millions of Bangladeshis did not.
A few thousand Nazis at the death camps murdered millions upon millions of Jews, Poles, Russians.

And of course, the real question is not the exact number of people killed, raped.

The question is - do ordinary Pakistanis feel any remorse for what they did to their Hindus and Sikhs neighbours, the Bangladeshis, the Ahmadis...

Hundreds of Hindus were arrested or shot dead by Army / Police after the Gujarat riots, despite which the Gujarat government faces allegations of bring soft on the rioters - how many Army men did Pakistan court-martial or punish for Bangladesh?

And of course, the real question is not the exact number of people killed, raped.

The question is - do ordinary Pakistanis feel any remorse for what they did to their Hindus and Sikhs neighbours, the Bangladeshis, the Ahmadis...

Hundreds of Hindus were arrested or shot dead by Army / Police after the Gujarat riots, despite which the Gujarat government faces allegations of bring soft on the rioters - how many Army men did Pakistan court-martial or punish for Bangladesh?

Repeating lies will not help.

Every Pakistani general and officer and soldier was in Indian jails for 12 months.

If Indra Ghandi had a single shred of evidence, she would have tried as many generals and jawans as possible.

But Indians had no proof, so they could not try them in the court.

the only thing left for modern day Indians is

to shovel all the $hit as much possible on Pakistan and on daily basis.

Yeah. so many of you are doing the typical Pak-ind $hit shoveling as if $hit shoveling was your family business for the last 100 years.

Sorry to say.

Study conducted by Rudolph Rummel, ......

There are several other scholarly research about this disgraceful mass murder and democide, ....t.

Instead of lapping some gora $hit, bring on the reports of Indian investigators.

And ask yourself,

Why the heck they didn't prosecute Pak generals (in Indian jails) for the crimes you accuse them for?

But you can't.

40+ years have gone by, and you still are forced to copy paste Rummel.

Even when Rummel himself says, he takes the low number and high number and averages it out. That's his forumla.

What is yours?

May be your "formula" is to shovel $hit on Pakistanis and on daily basis. As if it was your Khandani paisha to shovel $hit.

Sorry to say

Repeating lies will not help.

Every Pakistani general and officer and soldier was in Indian jails for 12 months.

If Indra Ghandi had a single shred of evidence, she would have tried as many generals and jawans as possible.

But Indians had no proof, so they could not try them in the court.

the only thing left for modern day Indians is

to shovel all the $hit as much possible on Pakistan and on daily basis.

Yeah. so many of you are doing the typical Pak-ind $hit shoveling as if $hit shoveling was your family business for the last 100 years.

Sorry to say.

There is no point in involving Indians in this, Indians weren't there, when Pakistan army was committing the alleged genocide.

At that time there were only two parties involved. The Pakistani army committing the excesses and East Pakistani people on whom the excesses were committed.

Now everyone in Pakistan accepts that excesses were committed by your army in 1971
Bangladeshi's officially claim, that Pakistanis killed 3 million of them..those are their figures..but where are the Pakistani figures(official)? Where is the Hamidur Rehman commision report?

Do people of Pakistan have the vaguest idea, on how many innocent people were killed by the army during those times?

Is this new? Founders of Mukhti Bahni claimed themselves and Indian Army Colonels accepted this fact long ago.

Instead of lapping some gora $hit, bring on the reports of Indian investigators.

And ask yourself,

Why the heck they didn't prosecute Pak generals (in Indian jails) for the crimes you accuse them for?

But you can't.

40+ years have gone by, and you still are forced to copy paste Rummel.

Even when Rummel himself says, he takes the low number and high number and averages it out. That's his forumla.

What is yours?

May be your "formula" is to shovel $hit on Pakistanis and on daily basis. As if it was your Khandani paisha to shovel $hit.

Sorry to say

Disregarding the $hitty tone of your opening and concluding remarks, the only point worth responding to is your question of why India did not prosecute pak generals. The answer is that it is not India's job to do so. Crimes committed by nation A on nation B will not be tried and prosecuted by nation C.

That is the job of the international criminal court, which did not exist at that time. And the reason for establishing such a court was precisely for this - that an international body with jurisdiction to try war crimes and genocides was felt. Indian courts do not have the jurisdiction to try Pakistanis for what they did to Bangladeshis, just as India cannot prosecute Iraqis or Iranians for the atrocities they committed against each other in their wars.

Other than that rather silly question, there is nothing in your post worth replying to, only some frothing and obscenities. The only reason I am bothering to respond to that question is because you have used that illogical question more than once to argue (completely illogically) that the fact that India did not prosecute Pakistanis for what they did to Bangladeshis somehow means tha Pakistanis did not do anything to Bangladeshis.

Guess what? India did not prosecute Iraqis for the halabja poison gas attack, or Khmer rogue leaders for their crimes. That doesn't mean that those crimes did not happen. (And no, just because your generals and militarymen all surrendered meekly to India and begged for protection from the indian army, and were taken prisoners, does not mean that India could have tried them for war crimes. The crimes happened on non Indian soil, and Indian courts have no jurisdiction, or indeed, the desire to try them. They were treated as prisoners of war, and given protection from the rage of their own former countrymen, and given safe passage to west Pakistan, in accordance with all international laws regarding captured soldiers.)

Just for information sake, what is the Pakistani official number for deaths and/or rapes in BD as a result of operation searchlight?

Disregarding the $hitty tone of your opening and concluding remarks, the only point worth responding to is your question of why India did not prosecute pak generals. The answer is that it is not India's job to do so. Crimes committed by nation A on nation B will not be tried and prosecuted by nation C.....)

Oh C'mon.

You are not that ignorant of military history? Or are you?

War crimes committed in WW2 were prosecuted.

No body stood up and said booohhhhhhoooooo hoooooo we don't have the international crimes court.

So quit this drama bazi.

Indian army went in E. Pakistan.

Pakistani generals surrendered to Indian army and not BDeshis.

If there was an iota of proof, that Gen Niazi or any of his subordinates were involved in war crimes,

Then hang those SOBs in the middle of Dhaka.

There was enough legal precedence to do so.

But Indians did not.

And even when the Indians of those days are mostly dead,

Their little kids have made it their family profession to shovel $hit on Pakistan for a supposed crime that their fathers and forefathers were part and parcel.

So no Ayeeen bayeeeen and Shayeeeen.

and definitely no $hit shoveling.

Thank you.

Is this new? Founders of Mukhti Bahni claimed themselves and Indian Army Colonels accepted this fact long ago.

I still wonder how could we kill such large of Bengalis when we were dealing with Indians at the borders with resources stretched thin and trying to contain a civil war inside East Pakistan?

There is no point in involving Indians in this, ... ....?

Oh brother. you seem to be a kind man, a humble man. I have never met you. But your post indicates it. (Imay be wrong).

If you follow my posts. I am the first one to point out a Pakistani Islamist who tries to shovel $hit on India. I can't stop all their posts. But if I see it, I point it out.

you say (rather complain) as to why we are involving Indians "here".

Tell this to your fellow Indians not to post nonsense, and I promise I will not go to your house and drag you to PDF.

My solemn promise.

T....

Indians weren't there, when Pakistan army was committing the alleged genocide.

At that time there were only two parties involved. The Pakistani army committing the excesses and East Pakistani people on whom the excesses were committed. ....?

Read Mankeshaw (one my favorite generals. He is an enemy. But he spoke truth, so I admire him).

As per Mankeshaw, India sent in 60,000 insurgents into E. Pakistan.

So Indians were there.

And if you deny this

you have not read history (the other option is even worse if I accuse you of dishonesty. but I won't, unless you persist)

So I urge you to go read up some. Then come back.

And if you want to stay, then try to educate your fellow Indian posters.

Thank you.

Just for information sake, what is the Pakistani official number for deaths and/or rapes in BD as a result of operation searchlight?

According to pakistan's official stance, "only" 26,000 civilians were murdered.

Back
Top Bottom