What's new

Indian Punjab to gift combine harvester and maize thresher to Shahbaz Sharif

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
BATHINDA: The Punjab government will gift a combine harvester worth Rs 16 lakh to Pakistan Punjab's chief minister Shahbaz Sharif, who is visiting the state to preside over the closing ceremony of the fourth kabaddi World Cup on December 14. Shahbaz is the brother of Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal and his son deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal will hand over the Swaraj 8100 harvester, manufactured by Punjab Tractors Limited (PTL), to Shahbaz when the latter calls on them.

It is being worked out whether to send the machine to Pakistan through the land route from the Attari border in Punjab or via sea to Karachi. Sources said usually combine harvesters are exported to Pakistan from Punjab through the sea route, which costs about Rs 2.5-Rs 3 lakh.

"Swaraj 8100 combine harvester has a 14-foot cutter bar and five straw walkers," state agriculture commissioner Balwinder Singh Sidhu said. "The 105-HP machine is used for harvesting multiple crops. The reason for presenting the combine harvester to him is we want to showcase the advancement in manufacturing agriculture machinery in Punjab. Though it hasn't been decided how to send the machine to Pakistan, we're hopeful it'd be transported through the land route." A PTL source said the combine harvester weighs 7,800 kg with the cutter bar.

The state will also gift Shahbaz a maize thresher made by the Punjab Agricultural University. Both the machines will be presented to him on Saturday.

The sources said woollen jackets made in Ludhiana will be given to the delegation members accompanying Shahbaz.

During his visits to Pakistan, chief minister Badal has been gifted Sahiwal and Neeli cows, and a Dumba (fat-tailed) goat.

Punjab to gift combine harvester to Shahbaz Sharif - The Times of India

1102042652-1.gif

chalo kuch to acha hora hai b/w the two nations :D

Good this will surely improve Indian& Pakistani Punjabs relationship

We Indians are a generous lot. I am happy with this charity.

The Sahiwal and Neeli Bar cows are one of the best dairy breeds due to their heat tolerance and high milk production

I don't doubt that these cows are worth their weight in gold. In fact, I would make the same comment if we gave them a chair made of solid gold.

I hope you see the point I was trying to make.

I don't doubt that these cows are worth their weight in gold. In fact, I would make the same comment if we gave them a chair made of solid gold.

I hope you see the point I was trying to make.

I hope you also see the point @Developereo made in his comment instead of seeing it as some criticism of PMLN.

India gifts complex machinery, and Pakistan gifts cows and goats.

Says it all...

Really; that struck me too........

OK; the woollen jackets made in Ludhiana which will gifted to the delegation members accompanying Sharif are not "complex' either. Not too far from the "Dumba".......:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom