What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
Wrestling assosiciation's desperate attempt to block Sushil Kumar's path to Rio has lead to this embarrassment! Pretty sad really..

I didn't follow the details of it so closely (other than just what i saw in a few headlines etc)....but its sad if thats the case and there was active agenda against Sushil from the get go.

This is what I mean about out sporting bureaucracy, they really really suck overall.

@ranjeet @arp2041 @Nilgiri thought this guy was cleared to wrestle.. what changed all of a sudden? :o:
It's sad that he was tested positive and still allowed to be part of the Olympic team? The even sadder thing is that they are calling it a conspiracy.

Narsingh had earlier got clearance from National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) despite testing positive for a banned anabolic steroid. NADA's logic was that he intentionally did not take the banned substance, during his stay at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) centre, Sonepat.

jqgith.jpg

It's sad that he was tested positive and still allowed to be part of the Olympic team? The even sadder thing is that they are calling it a conspiracy.

jqgith.jpg

It is clear Sushil kumar involved in this... Very sad, two time Olympian playing dirty tricks..

Where is it clear ?

On one hand, there is Sushil Kumar, India's most successful, individual Olympian with two medals - a bronze at the 2008 Beijing Games and a silver at the 2012 Olympic Games. However, both these medals came in the 66kg freestyle category. The 2016 Rio Games will have the new weight categories introduced in 2013, and Sushil had to move to the higher 74 kg category to compete in the Games.
On the other, is Narsingh Yadav, who won the Olympic quota for India in the first place. The grappler secured the quota place for India at the 2015 World Championship in Las Vegas after winning a bronze medal in 74kg. Sushil did not participate in that event due to a shoulder injury.

later sushil knocked court doors, But court dismissed his plea.. then the doping came out..

On one hand, there is Sushil Kumar, India's most successful, individual Olympian with two medals - a bronze at the 2008 Beijing Games and a silver at the 2012 Olympic Games. However, both these medals came in the 66kg freestyle category. The 2016 Rio Games will have the new weight categories introduced in 2013, and Sushil had to move to the higher 74 kg category to compete in the Games.
On the other, is Narsingh Yadav, who won the Olympic quota for India in the first place. The grappler secured the quota place for India at the 2015 World Championship in Las Vegas after winning a bronze medal in 74kg. Sushil did not participate in that event due to a shoulder injury.

later sushil knocked court doors, But court dismissed his plea.. then the doping came out..

Sushil Kumar cheated his way to the Silver medal in London. Everyone saw him biting the ears of his Kazakh opponent. I don't have any respect for this guy.

Sushil Kumar cheated his way to the Silver medal in London. Everyone saw him biting the ears of his Kazakh opponent. I don't have any respect for this guy.

I don't know about that.. but my utmost respect to Yogeswar dutt... what a comeback despite injury ( near eye)... he fought back to back to win medal...

Sandeep tomar trailing 3-0 after first round in wrestling pre quarter against Russian.

Still trailing 3 to 7 last 50 seconds.

Sandeep loses his match.

Great Game ..

2nd time im watching a women' badminton match with such interest..

Love Mariens' style ..

Back
Top Bottom