What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
He is already ageing. Lin Dan in his heydays was the most aggressive player in the world. He has lost all of his aggression already.
exactly, that is why I say heartbroken to watch Lin dan play now, he is like a lion without teeth.

Sakshi will be up against world no 2 next round, who has won both her matches through technical superiority!

Vinesh's match starting now, vs a Chinese girl Sun Yanan.

Looks like she is injured, looks kinda bad too, something to do with the leg...they had to get a stretcher..really in pain.
:( She cannot continue, Sun Yana takes the victory

Damnn....that injury hope she is fine.......even i could feel the pain just by seeing her expressions :sad:

:( Sakshi lost too.
Lets see if she can through the repechage and have a shot at bronze, if Russian girl wins and goes to finals.

The russian who defeated Sakshi has made it through to the finals. So now Sakshi is 2 fights away from a bronze medal

Last edited:
That PV Sindhu girl really impressed me ..

She might give India their first medal in Olympics .

She has tenacity and raw courage like I remember I saw in her coach Gopichand during his career when i was a young lad and India was just making its first major inroads into badminton.

I think Gopichand sees a bit of himself in her....and thats why he is advising her so well on how to be more consistent and not lose so many points in a row sometimes etc.....but never detracting away from the strengths she has (winning many points in a row and staying composed in tough close situations).

Badminton for most part at top tier level is about holding the nerve in like 2 - 3 points at the end of a close set.

So it is not knockout and this is only the wrestling event?

Yah I think wrestling (and maybe some martial arts like judo) have this format.

Not purely a knockout...if you go somewhat far and the guy/gal that defeats you goes to final or something....you get a chance at bronze with the other person that had the same thing happen.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom