What's new

Indian Navy successfully test fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile 'Dhanush' from sea

When will India test a New Missile?

Why would India test a new missile? Once the range is covered, once payloads are covered, once propulsion systems are stabilised, once guidance systems are stabilised, once carrier modes are diversified, what are the engineers supposed to do?

Why would India test a new missile? Once the range is covered, once payloads are covered, once propulsion systems are stabilised, once guidance systems are stabilised, once carrier modes are diversified, what are the engineers supposed to do?
Okay if it is all done fire them and send them home.

Yeah, i know and its take time to prepare also not even canistered. But didn't understood what it has to do with my comment. Dhanush is good enough for pak, we won't waste AGNI-5,6, BrahMos etc when enemy so weak. That's why we're testing all of them, rest for China incase they participate.

Btw Dhanush has two stage liquid and solid propulsion system.

:o::o::o::o: shooooo shcared .supa dopa powa india

Okay if it is all done fire them and send them home.

No.

Now they need to work on new, different systems; unmanned everything in sight.

:o::o::o::o: shooooo shcared .supa dopa powa india

I know. Pathetic, isn't it? They still haven't realised the R&D potential of a can of paint.

Doesn't matters when enemy can't detect nor protect itself from them.
Ballistic missiles are easier to intercept by SAM systems compared to cruise missiles. In the article linked above it states the range of this ballistic missile as 350km. TBH I don't see the practical use of this in modern warfare when India has far better options like Brahmos. With the new variants of Brahmos that are being developed, India can have a longer range with a hypersonic cruise missile that would be much harder to intercept than this one. So why bother with this?

11 Chinese Naval fleet and the crisis in Maldives

11 Chinese Naval fleet and the crisis in Maldives

The connections are tenuous. Neither justifies missile tests; besides, these tests are planned well in advance of a test date, and it is unlikely that there was enough time to respond to either the myth of the PLAN taking over the Indian Ocean, or to the myth that a military solution is possible in the crisis-beset Maldives.

What would these missiles be used for? Chinese carrier killer? I am yet to find an western article detailing how these Indian tactical missiles are a threat to the region and destabilizing factor.

The connections are tenuous. Neither justifies missile tests; besides, these tests are planned well in advance of a test date, and it is unlikely that there was enough time to respond to either the myth of the PLAN taking over the Indian Ocean, or to the myth that a military solution is possible in the crisis-beset Maldives.

I dont think so that this missile test was planned in advance . Indian Military has noticed how the North Koreans always talk about using missiles to strike in South China Sea. So why would Indian Military will not do when the Chinese Naval Fleet is inside Indian Ocean.

I dont think so that this missile test was planned in advance . Indian Military has noticed how the North Koreans always talk about using missiles to strike in South China Sea. So why would Indian Military will not do when the Chinese Naval Fleet is inside Indian Ocean.

I would have hoped that you would not equate India to that internationally shunned nation of lunatics, North Korea.

How come India media use “nuclear capable” to describe strategic missiles? Does India own any non nuclear capable strategic missiles?

I would have hoped that you would not equate India to that internationally shunned nation of lunatics, North Korea.

Here i am directly pointing towards Chinese Naval fleet. Arent we aware that its the Chinese military which is behind North Korea ?

How come India media use “nuclear capable” to describe strategic missiles? Does India own any non nuclear capable strategic missiles?

Here its more on the Indian Military Core Command which warhead should be placed, conventional or nuclear and even how much warhead on which missile , its more or less depends on the type of target. But Indian Nuclear warhead missiles are always active as the North Koreans have already placed active Nuclear capable warhead and have gave warning to South Korea and Japan numerous times around South China Sea.

Last edited:
Here i am directly pointing towards Chinese Naval fleet. Arent we aware that its the Chinese military which is behind North Korea ?

Here its more on the Indian Military Core Command which warhead should be placed, conventional or nuclear and even how much warhead on which missile , its more or less depends on the type of target. But Indian Nuclear warhead missiles are always active as the North Koreans are always placed active Nuclear capable warhead and have gave warning to South Korea and Japan numerous times.

Do find out more about the capabilities of Dhanush in coping with a rapidly in motion target, and about the time taken to prepare it for firing given its propulsion system.

Do find out more about the capabilities of Dhanush in coping with a rapidly in motion target, and about the time taken to prepare it for firing given its propulsion system.

Indian Missiles are of different types of engines and there are around 4 types of fuels, Indian Military Command Core is more aware . Sahab ko maloom.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom