What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

Hi some questions
1.What is the status of Pipavav NOPV class ships?
2.Can the 76mm SRGMs of P15A class be replaced by 127mm guns during refit ? I am not asking if it will be done, just asking if it is possible ?

Thanks

Hi some questions
2.Can the 76mm SRGMs of P15A class be replaced by 127mm guns during refit ? I am not asking if it will be done, just asking if it is possible ?

Thanks

1. I have not really followed the program.
2. I think that's the plan at it's refit.

Navy Chief reviews INS Vikrant

ZPtuOGd.jpg

9ZbRmqc.png

L0inAtU.png

VtMeYVW.png

1. I have not really followed the program.
2. I think that's the plan at it's refit.

Navy Chief reviews INS Vikrant

ZPtuOGd.jpg

9ZbRmqc.png

L0inAtU.png

VtMeYVW.png
I was just going to post these pictures :D

I heard about this review a few days ago, I didn't think they would actually publish any pictures of it. Apparently everything is looking good for the 2017-18 commencement of sea trails timeframe.

Damn man. Look at it. Its our corvette, looking almost like destroyers. lol

Hi some questions

Thanks
1. Delayed by 5-6 months and 1st NOPV will be inducted in late 2016 only.
2. Yes they can be. Not sure if Navy will go for though.

Damn man. Look at it. Its our corvette, looking almost like destroyers. lol

But armed lighter than a multirole corvette.

1. Delayed by 5-6 months and 1st NOPV will be inducted in late 2016 only.
2. Yes they can be. Not sure if Navy will go for though.

And they want to manufacture and build Frigates , LPDs and SSNs :3

But armed lighter than a multirole corvette.

And they want to manufacture and build Frigates , LPDs and SSNs :3
Well Kamortas are equipped with heavyweight torpedoes( a rare in corvettes) while for AShm role it can use different versions of Klub cruise missiles from torpedo tubes( against both surface ships and submarines though antisubmarine is priority given its ASW warship). So It matches top notch destroyers(say Kolkata class) in ASW role while still can play a light frigate in anti-shipping mission of required.
Yes man delays are unfortunate but still better than PSUs.

Well Kamortas are equipped with heavyweight torpedoes( a rare in corvettes) while for AShm role it can use different versions of Klub cruise missiles from torpedo tubes( against both surface ships and submarines though antisubmarine is priority given its ASW warship). So It matches top notch destroyers(say Kolkata class) in ASW role while still can play a light frigate in anti-shipping mission of required.
Yes man delays are unfortunate but still better than PSUs.

I see SAAR 5 and then this, we are wasting a lot of space.

@Capt.Popeye

Sir do the HAL Dhruv delivered to Indian Navy, are configured to carry out ASW operations? I mean , we know that they can fire Torpedoes. But are they at present integrated with such ASW system? Because Navy always lists it as a SAR/ Utility platform.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom