What's new

Indian Navy frontline warship catches fire.

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian Navy frontline warship catches fire
14 Apr, 2018

indian-navy-frontline-warship-catches-fire-1523647150-1734.jpg

SHARES

NEW DELHI - Indian Navy frontline warship INS Talwar caught fire while undergoing a refit at the Naval Dockyard. The incident had been kept under wraps for 10 days, and the Navy has now confirmed the incident.

According to a Navy spokesperson, smoke was observed in the main engine room when it was being welded on April 2. As a precautionary measure and according to the standard operating procedure, actions, including informing the fire brigade, were taken to contain the fire, Hindustan Times has reported.

READ MORE: Biggest Bitcoin theft of Indian history so far
The source of smoke was identified, and on board, portable extinguishers were used, said the Navy spokesperson.

This is not the first time that INS Talwar has been in the news for wrong reasons. In 2011, a trainee sub-lieutenant, Vipin Kumar, lost his life while undergoing a swimming drill. The incident saw Captain Rahul Parmar being relieved of the command of the ship. In December 2013, INS Talwar collided with an unlit fishing trawler.

READ MORE: Indian Forces unprovoked fire at LoC martyrs girl, critically injures boy

INS Talwar, a frontline frigate of the Navy, recently caught fire while undergoing a refit at the Naval Dockyard. The incident had been kept under wraps for 10 days, and the Navy has now confirmed the incident.

According to a Navy spokesperson, smoke was observed in the main engine room when it was being welded on April 2. As a precautionary measure and according to the standard operating procedure, actions, including informing the fire brigade, were taken to contain the fire.

The source of smoke was identified, and on board, portable extinguishers were used, said the Navy spokesperson.

This is not the first time that INS Talwar has been in the news for wrong reasons. In 2011, a trainee sub-lieutenant, Vipin Kumar, lost his life while undergoing a swimming drill. The incident saw Captain Rahul Parmar being relieved of the command of the ship.

In December 2013, INS Talwar collided with an unlit fishing trawler.

source https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumb...-ins-talwar/story-5Lckmu8PSA8U5t1C9EboYI.html

BC times of Islamabad ne pura article chaap liya hindustantimes se :nono:

I hope very soon the great and glorious indian sailors will sink their Aircraft carrier, and probably everyone else with it. I will be watching it on a big screen with some pop corn in my hands. :enjoy:

If you are operating a large navy, accidents are bound to happen.
But then again, what do people who don't even have a blue water navy know.

I hope very soon the great and glorious indian sailors will sink their Aircraft carrier, and probably everyone else with it. I will be watching it on a big screen with some pop corn in my hands. :enjoy:

Why do you wish that ?

If you are operating a large navy, accidents are bound to happen.
But then again, what do people who don't even have a blue water navy know.
yeah. !!! ....
1) docked submarines got blasted .
2) warship got flip flop in the sea .
3)ship get fire while maintenance
4)submarine nearly sunk due to a gate left open.
these all are the common practices in navies around the world .

No surprising anymore, it is a norm.
They sure have very different SOP than the rest of the world.

yeah. !!! ....
1) docked submarines got blasted .
2) warship got flip flop in the sea .
3)ship get fire while maintenance
4)submarine nearly sunk due to a gate left open.
these all are the common practices in navies around the world .

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/17/us-military-crashes-collisions-in-pacific.html

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...mishaps-is-the-militarys-worst-up-82-percent/

These accidents are the privilege of large blue water navies only, so you have nothing to worry about.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom