What's new

Indian Muslims can they be trusted? by Amit

We are on the same page.
I dont see any flaming here. Indians here are only too eager to defend and 'celebrate' their unity. But I feel rather jumping in to saying he is an Indian Muslim, I would say he is an Indian unless asked about his religion. But Pakistanis here always seem to view Indian hindus and Muslims as different, so my policy won't work here.

In social life however unfortunately, in a country with reservations based on religion and caste people cannot forget what they are. But in daily life people dont care.

very true ...any one on :pdf: speaking for indian tech. and contributions is thought of as INDIAN HINDU AND NOT MUSLIM .......hindus or us muslims will always be first to speak for our country

and MUSLIMS speaking of gaza carnage heck they even protested about mumbai where people of other relegion and nationality were specifically targeted ......indian muslims protested there too ...heck even if muslims become the majority in india it wont be called on the lines of ISLAMIC REPUBLIC coz india is sovereign and i love my country

jai hind

:cheers:

As long as Indian muslims are fine with this kind of article, we outsider should be fine as well. People will go to jail for writing this kind of articles in BD against hindu though (I am not saying that we are angel and there are no hindu hater here).
Secondly there are marginalized muslims whose voice were not heard like marginalized hindus in India. There are repression against muslims every corner of India when they are poor. Thats the fact...

He or she can also be a "muslim" first and then an "Indian" and love India equally as anyone else.Is there any problem if someone is "muslim" first and "Indian" second?

Yes, I have a problem with those, who give their religious identity preference over their national identity. It means, that a person is willing to uphold anything that concerns his religion, even if it is counter productive to his nation. In other other words, "INDIVIDUAL" is getting preference over the "MASS". That, to me is unacceptable.

The gaps between Hindus and Muslims are increasing and it’s high time that Hindus realize the problems and unite or India may soon become an Islamic country.

It was under Islamic Sharia rule once and possibility can happen in the future. Good luck to Indian Muslim to make it happen. We will back you up anytime. Allahu Alam.....

Last edited:
I wonder why religious preference must take second place when most good intentioned people of various religions prefer to keep their faith private or at least out of their professional and public lives...? Can we skip the nationalistic flaming ? Nationality is one thing, religious preference is another ball game...let us cultivate this understanding to decrease high temperatures.

Then the question about Indian Muslims becomes worthless.

No, I have to disagree with you.

No matter how dearly we wish, there are times when people make you 'choose'.

And for that time, you must be clear with your preferences. :agree:

He or she can also be a "muslim" first and then an "Indian" and love India equally as anyone else.Is there any problem if someone is "muslim" first and "Indian" second?

Being Muslim also makes you patriotic,as those who gives lives for their country are martyrs.So that also makes him or her a good Indian,isn't it?

At the topic,

I feel its a matter of Indian muslims solely.Its their matter whether they are given same respect by their fellow countrymen.So far Indian muslims haven't rallied on the streets and asked for International help for better rights.Until then its better for foreigners like us to oil our own machines and let them mind their own business.

The article looks like from some hardliner hindu,didn't bother to go through.Let the Indian Muslims deal with these attacks.

EDIT:Yes it is from a Fundi(BJP).:lol: that's enough.

NO

If anybody wants to live in my country will HAVE TO BE Indian first.

There is a famous Marathi patriotic song -

"Ved-Mantrahun amha wandya Vande-Mataram"

Meaning - We respect "Vande-Mataram" (a patriotic chanting) more than words of "Vedas" (basic holy literature for Hindus).

I think this is enough.

NO

If anybody wants to live in my country will HAVE TO BE Indian first.

There is a famous Marathi patriotic song -

"Ved-Mantrahun amha wandya Vande-Mataram"

Meaning - We respect "Vande-Mataram" (a patriotic chanting) more than words of "Vedas" (basic holy literature for Hindus).

I think this is enough.

There is no criteria in being an Indian apart from been born in India or become a naturalised citizen of India. There is no criteria in being a muslim apart from being born a muslim or converting to one.

All this Indian muslim or muslim Indian are hogwash. One is a nationality and the other is a religion. They are mutually exclusive. Being one does not diminish other. Therefore you cannot be more of one or less of one or put one before the other !

well...who keeps a check on the hindus who are not patriotic?
i mean...being a muslim first and indian later or the opposite doesnt matter...not unless you find a way to read someone's thoughts...believe it or not...everyone in this country has a right to be dissatisfied with the country...if they feel so...

The question of whether indian muslims can be trusted is a stupid one, just trying to create divide, as if we are talking abt two three ppl here.

btw slightly off topic - do we understand the terms indian muslim and muslim indian correctly? a muslim indian is an indian first as he comes from larger group of indians and is differentiated by his religion later.... actually i'm confused :)

@ ANDUBYLL and paritosh

Let me clear some things.

Firstly, we are not talking about technical definitions. So, there is no point talking about 'who is technically Indian or technically Muslim'.

Secondly, it is not always that nationality and religion stay separate from each other. In fact, there are people who prefer Islam over India. We call them terrorists. There are people who prefer Hindutva over India. We call them extremists.

Thirdly, yes, you can be unsatisfied from your nation. But, you can't do anything harming nation's interests. Meaning, nation's interests should be on top in your list of preferences. Those must not be sold at any cost.

I am Indian Hindu. If there comes a day when Hindus all over the world stand against India, my hand shouldn't tremble while killing them. And I expect the same from Indian Muslims. If any Muslim is India's foe, then he must be foe for all the Indian Muslims.

I am Indian Hindu. If there comes a day when Hindus all over the world stand against India, my hand shouldn't tremble while killing them. And I expect the same from Indian Muslims. If any Muslim is India's foe, then he must be foe for all the Indian Muslims.

Writing on Internet Forum is one thing and doing it is another thing.I just could not resist myself from commenting on this.

I wonder why religious preference must take second place when most good intentioned people of various religions prefer to keep their faith private or at least out of their professional and public lives...? Can we skip the nationalistic flaming ? Nationality is one thing, religious preference is another ball game...let us cultivate this understanding to decrease high temperatures.

Appreciate what you say....that should be the sprit.

Writing on Internet Forum is one thing and doing it is another thing.I just could not resist myself from commenting on this.

What I mean is -

I won't have soft corner for the enemies of my nation just because they are Hindus.

Back
Top Bottom