What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Give me a break. I have over 3,000 "thanked" posts. You have 199. Seems to me that you're the troll.

so does that mean all your thanks are good?what an immature answer.its easy to get thanks if its anti indian lol.doesnt change it troll

so does that mean all your thanks are good?what an immature answer.its easy to get thanks if its anti indian lol.doesnt change it troll

I have discussed various aspects of the Agni V and its relation to MTCR (see below). I have also included citations. In contrast, you have only whined about my posts. You have posted no useful information about India's Agni V, MTCR, or US Global Hawk. Clearly, you are the troll. This is my last reply to you unless you post something useful.

----------

U.S. willful blindness to Indian Agni V MTCR violation

The United States has to decide whether it is serious about stopping the proliferation of long-range missiles that can carry weapons of mass destruction (WMD). The United States complains vociferously when China sells a dual-use truck to North Korea. And yet, an unnamed country is freely exporting the electronic guidance system for India's 5,000 km+ Agni V nuclear missile.

The Chinese truck is a murky situation, because the North Koreans probably imported it under a civilian pretext and then misused it. However, the Indian Agni V MTCR (i.e. Missile Technology Control Regime) violation is crystal clear. The electronics for an Agni V ICBM has only one purpose, which is to guide a long-range missile.

The Agni V can carry a payload of 1,500 kg for at least a distance of 5,000 km. This is a clear and flagrant violation of MTCR in the export of sensitive electronics to India.

If the United States is serious about stopping proliferation, it should publicly identify the perpetrator and demand an immediate halt to the export of critical electronics for the Agni V WMD.

----------

Missile Technology Control Regime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) is an informal and voluntary partnership between 34 countries to prevent the proliferation of missile and unmanned aerial vehicle technology capable of carrying a 500 kg payload at least 300 km."

Launch of Agni-V only the beginning of new series: DRDO chief - India - DNA

"Launch of Agni-V only the beginning of new series: DRDO chief
Published: Thursday, Apr 19, 2012, 14:23 IST | Updated: Thursday, Apr 19, 2012, 14:26 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI
"More than 80% of the missile is indigenous, except for the electronic components which we import... Everything has been designed, developed and produced in our industry and our laboratory," he said."

----------

India is making a mockery of the MTCR

At Krad (on another forum), are you seriously trying to argue that a laser ring gyro and an electronic guidance system for an ICBM may have a dual use? A laser ring gyro may also be used for the navigation of a commercial jet. India lacks the technology to build commercial jets. You can eliminate that dual-use argument. Furthermore, the electronic guidance system for an ICBM has only one use: to guide an ICBM.

India has demonstrated that it has violated the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime) and the United States should come out and demand an immediate halt to further exports and violations of the MTCR by India and the supplier country. If the United States continues its willful blindness, India will make a mockery of the MTCR and the United States will be silently complicit in aiding long-range missile proliferation.

Let me narrow down the list to make it easier for the United States to identify the missile proliferator in violation of the MTCR. There are only five countries that have proven electronic guidance systems for an ICBM. All five countries also happen to sit on the U.N. Security Council with a permanent veto (i.e. UNSC P-5).

1. United States
2. China
3. Russia
4. Britain
5. France

Among the five suspected countries, we can rule out the United States and China. The United States would not actively help India in developing an ICBM. To the contrary, the United States has a history of imposing sanctions and technological prohibitions on India. Also, it is obvious that China would not help India to develop the Agni V "China killer" to hit cities like Shanghai.

There are only three viable violators of the MTCR: Russia, Britain, or France.

The United States should publicly condemn the MTCR violator and demand that they stop destabilizing the world and proliferating ICBMs that carry WMDs (weapons of mass destruction). The U.S. effort to save the MTCR is worthwhile; even if the guilty party says "nyet."

----------

Russia needs to stop violating the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime)

The DRDO chief said 20% of the Agni V (e.g. the electronic components) were imported. You make it sound as if you can go down to the local Radio Shack and buy the electronic components and software to operate a Mach 24 ICBM. Your argument is ridiculous.

India can't build a Mach 3 BrahMos cruise missile by itself without Russian technology. Yet, you are claiming India can buy the electronic components for a Mach 24 ICBM down at the local electronics store. This is a laughable scenario.

Those Russians are seriously violating the MTCR and they need to stop. Proliferating ICBM technology to the highest bidder is destabilizing the world and placing everyone at risk of Indian WMDs.

If the Russians are allowed to freely violate the MTCR for India, there is nothing to stop the Russians from violating the MTCR and proliferating ICBM technology to Iran, North Korea, or the next highest bidder. The MTCR is crumbling and the United States must stop it.

Export of the Global Hawk UAV does not violate MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime). The Global Hawk is strictly a reconnaissance aircraft and it carries no payload (see Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk).

Trying to shift the burden to me is absurd. The DRDO and the Indian government are the ones in possession of the detailed knowledge of the MTCR violations. The DRDO chief has specifically stated that 20% of the Agni V consisted of imported electronic components.

Instead of trying to play word games or "hide and seek" games with me, why don't you acknowledge India has illegally imported missile technology banned under the MTCR? Without the electronic imports, India can only build 80% of an Agni V. An 80% Agni V that is missing electronic components can't fly.

Try building the Agni V yourself and stop violating the MTCR.

Have you no Indian pride? 20% of the Agni V is Russian!

Export of the Global Hawk UAV does not violate MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime). The Global Hawk is strictly a reconnaissance aircraft and it carries no payload (see Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk).

Trying to shift the burden to me is absurd. The DRDO and the Indian government are the ones in possession of the detailed knowledge of the MTCR violations. The DRDO chief has specifically stated that 20% of the Agni V consisted of imported electronic components.

Instead of trying to play word games or "hide and seek" games with me, why don't you acknowledge India has illegally imported missile technology banned under the MTCR? Without the electronic imports, India can only build 80% of an Agni V. An 80% Agni V that is missing electronic components can't fly.

Try building the Agni V yourself and stop violating the MTCR.

Have you no Indian pride? 20% of the Agni V is Russian!

My dear lad, the MTCR was conceived to prevent proliferation of missile and unmanned aerial vehicle tech...(from the very wiki page you posted). In any case, a simple ctrl + f , would have helped you find the word 'payload'. And it is more than capable of carrying a 500 kg payload (doesn't matter whether it's munitions related or EW related) for more than the stipulated 300 km.

Again you assume that just because of the word 'electronic components', a 'rogue' state has violated the MTCR, which is at best unverifiable unless YOU(being the accusing party here) or anyone else, provide verifiable data that the 20% of tech provided has violated the guidelines of the MTCR. You cannot make accusations based on personal interpretations and simply expect everyone to march to your tune. Like I said unless you or any other interested party comes forward with a list of those electronic components in the missile that have violated a particular norm of the MTCR guidelines, you're accusing both India and the other involved party of proliferation.

As far as I can tell you don't know what components have been imported, and hence have no way of knowing if they violate the MTCR, forget about making the missile fly, and are hence looking to establish your interpretation of 'electrical components' as the truth, while at the same time getting Indian members to as you hope, shamefacedly admit that Agni 5 is russian, when all they really care about is that the missile is going to provide a deterrent that India has needed for a while.

Russia needs to stop violating the MTCR (Missile Technology Control Regime)

The DRDO chief said 20% of the Agni V (e.g. the electronic components) were imported. You make it sound as if you can go down to the local Radio Shack and buy the electronic components and software to operate a Mach 24 ICBM. Your argument is ridiculous.

India can't build a Mach 3 BrahMos cruise missile by itself without Russian technology. Yet, you are claiming India can buy the electronic components for a Mach 24 ICBM down at the local electronics store. This is a laughable scenario.

Those Russians are seriously violating the MTCR and they need to stop. Proliferating ICBM technology to the highest bidder is destabilizing the world and placing everyone at risk of Indian WMDs.

If the Russians are allowed to freely violate the MTCR for India, there is nothing to stop the Russians from violating the MTCR and proliferating ICBM technology to Iran, North Korea, or the next highest bidder. The MTCR is crumbling and the United States must stop it.

are you chinese, i cant see your nation flag in mobile. Are u out if mind?

So we are getting electronic components from the Russians. Have we signed the MTCR? No. Have the Russians signed the MTCR? Yes. You should go and tell the Russians this. Or are you too scared of the Russians to point out this to them?

We take what we want. We got nuclear tech. We got missile tech. And we will reverse engineer it for better variants. There is nothing much any of you can do, except cry. So get a napkin and weep, if you do not have the capacity to take on the Russians and Americans.

Too bad everybody now realizes india is full of bullsh!t everywhere on the ground and coming out of your mouths. Your economy is done. Maoists are stronger than the government of india now. Your internal collapse is inevitable.

This coming from a country who has a blind man escaping from a state jail. You have got to be kidding me.

Sunday Treat: Supersonic missile BrahMos successfully test-fired

Bhubaneswar: India today successfully test fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range at Chandipur off Odisha coast. The missile, which has a flight range of up to 290 km, is capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg.

"The cruise missile was test fired from a ground mobile launcher from the launch complex-3 at about 1030 hours and all data is being retrieved for analysis," defence sources said.

The cruise missile, a surface-to-surface Army version, was test fired as part of user trial by the Army, they said. The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air-Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.

While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput, it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.

The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said. The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.

The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh along the China border.

Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company headed by a distinguished Indian defence scientist, is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.

The last trial was conducted on March 28, 2012 from the same base and it was successful.

Supersonic missile BrahMos successfully test-fired | NDTV.com

courtesy http://livefist.blogspot.com/

Sunday Treat: Supersonic missile BrahMos successfully test-fired

Bhubaneswar: India today successfully test fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range at Chandipur off Odisha coast. The missile, which has a flight range of up to 290 km, is capable of carrying a conventional warhead of 300 kg.

"The cruise missile was test fired from a ground mobile launcher from the launch complex-3 at about 1030 hours and all data is being retrieved for analysis," defence sources said.

The cruise missile, a surface-to-surface Army version, was test fired as part of user trial by the Army, they said. The two-stage missile, the first one being solid and the second one ramjet liquid propellant, has already been inducted into the Army and Navy, and the Air-Force version is in final stage of trial, a defence official said.

While induction of the first version of Brahmos missile system in the Indian Navy commenced from 2005 with INS Rajput, it is now fully operational with two regiments of the Army.

The air launch version and the submarine launch version of the missile system are in progress, he said. The Army has so far placed orders for the Brahmos missile to be deployed by three regiments of the Army and two of them have already been inducted operationally.

The Defence Ministry has also given a go-ahead to Army to induct a third regiment equipped with the missile system to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh along the China border.

Brahmos Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company headed by a distinguished Indian defence scientist, is also working to develop the air as well as the submarine launch version of the missile system and work on the project is in progress.

The last trial was conducted on March 28, 2012 from the same base and it was successful.

Supersonic missile BrahMos successfully test-fired | NDTV.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few questions regarding the Shaurya Missile.

1. What is the burnout time of the second stage? (i.e how long is the boost/cruise phase?)
2. What is the burn rate of the solid fuel?
3. It is said that the missile has a flight altitude of ~50 km. Does it maintain this altitude throughout the flight?
4. I have seen some charts describing the range of missile as 700km for 1000kg payload and 1900km for 180kg payload. Is that PRACTICALLY possible? (Considering it is a Quasi-Ballistic Missile.)

3. It is said that the missile has a flight altitude of ~50 km. Does it maintain this altitude throughout the flight?

Depends. Its a variable altitude missile. It could fly high upto its max altitude of 50-55km and droop
down to near-terrainhugging altitude, with ofcourse lessened speed/velocity. Ultimately it depends
on the mission requirement, when time is precious or quick-reaction strikes are to be carried it
flies high at its max hypersonic velocity of Mach 7.5

If stelth is paramount, it might consider flying low.

4. I have seen some charts describing the range of missile as 700km for 1000kg payload and 1900km for 180kg payload. Is that PRACTICALLY possible? (Considering it is a Quasi-Ballistic Missile.)

Possible. DRDO's words. It would depend on the altitude the missile is flying at, at low altitude the
missile needs to be slow so fuel burn rate would be high for restrained thrust, at this altitude it wouldn't
be able to go beyond 1000-1100km even with a 180kg payload. At high altitude however the missile
can reach to max velocity and speed and munch the miles sooner, burning of the solid fuel would
also be lesser (than compared to restrained thrust at low alt) so its feasible to faciliate a 1900km range.

At max valocity and high altitude, the solid fuel burn rate is suficient to throw the missile upto 2,200km away
with a payload of between 1 and 15kg (really not useful in tactical scenario anything below 25kg)

About the oter questions its unlikely you can ever find answers.

which missile they are looking
Cannon-Launched-Guided-Missile-DRDO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom