What's new

Indian Man puts petrol on himself and commits suicide

people not belonging to telangana are opposing because
1. all the rivers flow from telangana to andhra.
2. hyderabad would be a part of telangana, but hyd is like a cosmopolitan city and many people from allover india and especially andhra settled in hyd. many people including me dont want to make hyderabad a part of telangana but a union territory. and its not acceptable for telangana guys. believe me; there are too many stakeholders for hyderabad city.
3. most of telangana is naxal infested due to under development and center fears that small state and lack of proper police force will increase the problem with naxals. they say that naxals used division of chattisgarh etc... to stengthen themselves. And yeah, when I saw the agitations even I got a feeling that it was infested by naxals and their supporters.
4. the students in osmania univ are the epicenter of all the agitations and they are not accepting the center's move to setup a committee to analyze all the issues and talk to all stake holders.
5. The Telangana leader mr. k. chandrasekhar rao is not a great leader either. I would say he is an asshole.

I agree with your point 5. Though I am a "north-Indian" however KCR seems to be in power-hungry.

As regards Japan, the culture has a very strong sense of honor and loss of face. Also maybe a lower sense of individualism. That was what may have led to the tradition of Harakiri. Who knows, those cultural factors may still be playing a role.

What you are talking about is the relation between culture & suicide rate.I find it highly objectionable.No culture even vicariously promotes suicide. what you could have said is child rearing practices ( crps).

Another thing that you misinterpreted is the motivational aspect. External locus of control happens when through successive learning the motivation to do anything shifts to external gratification. for ex-

I like playing guitar because it gives me pleasure but if I'll gradually start playing guitar for money then my prime motivation shifts to monetary benefits instead of self pleasure.

In the news clipping it was mentioned that the youth was orphan & unemployed. You can easily imagine his crps ( or absence of it ).

But you generalized it to socio-cultural aspects which is highly deplorable.

In every society (Europe, Japan, UK, India,Middle-east) there are vulnerable groups & individuals. The endeavor is to mainstream them so they can evolve into productive human-beings.

I hope I have made my point clear...

Back
Top Bottom