What's new

indian Leather banned in US

Samudra said:
Yea,how many you want in my town?
I've sold cows myself...almost everybody I know does.

And being that guzzler of cowmilk that I am, how can one not be nice enough to the cow ? :p

Dont you hindoostanian people worship cows?

And...i was watching a documentary and it showed cows urinating and defecating right on the highways...and one had to drive around them because they are considered sacred in hindoo.

So how can you mistreat your own God?

RAPTOR said:
Dont you hindoostanian people worship cows?

How can one generalise a fact for about a billion plus people?

And...i was watching a documentary and it showed cows urinating and defecating right on the highways...and one had to drive around them because they are considered sacred in hindoo.

Nice try.
It doesnt happen.:biggrin:

So how can you mistreat your own God?

I dont believe in any 'God'.

sigatoka said:
How come you have a pic. of a Hindu god on your profile then?

I do not believe in God being an "being" or something or somebody who rewards anything(say the 72) for what we do_Or Punish us for what we do.

That, is a very childish idea - Forced upon humanity to assauge many insecurities and fears about life.

I'm confident enough about what is around me and what I am.I dont have to fear a God or worship a God.I do not know what a God is.I dont have any urgency to know the same.

The way the religious idiots are painting it(God) to be I can only say that if that is true God is a sadistic cruel fiat not worth any respect.I have the least respect to such kind of religious idiots.But I respect them great men who see God in love, in serving others and helping people avoid suffering.

"People of the book" may find my ideas very strange due to their indoctrinations.

Read this to know why I choose a God for my avatar.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More recently, Fritjof Capra explained that "Modern physics has shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of all living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter," and that "For the modern physicists, then, Shiva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is indeed as Capra concluded: "Hundreds of years ago, Indian artists created visual images of dancing Shivas in a beautiful series of bronzes. In our time, physicists have used the most advanced technology to portray the patterns of the cosmic dance. The metaphor of the cosmic dance thus unifies ancient mythology, religious art and modern physics."[/FONT]

They put a Nataraja statue in CERN too.:cool:

Samudra said:
I do not believe in God being an "being" or something or somebody who rewards anything(say the 72) for what we do_Or Punish us for what we do.

That, is a very childish idea - Forced upon humanity to assauge many insecurities and fears about life.

I'm confident enough about what is around me and what I am.I dont have to fear a God or worship a God.I do not know what a God is.I dont have any urgency to know the same.

"People of the book" may find my ideas very strange due to their indoctrinations.

An alternative reasoning is that rather than being childish such threats and promises even if artificial can improve behaivour of people much like taxes and subsidies do for activities with externalities.

Confidence and contentment in what you know and have, that i can understand. The desire not to know, not to seek that i do find strange.

I dont find your ideas strange, i just find that its strange coming from a non-white person. Your beliefs are common among caucasians.

I dont find your ideas strange, i just find that its strange coming from a non-white person. Your beliefs are common among caucasians.

I take it that you're unfamiliar with the various philosophical schools like Samkya,Yoga,Nyaya,Vaisheshika,Purva Mimamsa and Vedanta that prevail in India.

An alternative reasoning is that rather than being childish such threats and promises even if artificial can improve behaivour of people much like taxes and subsidies do for activities with externalities.

No thanks, I'd prefer to be told the truth anyday.

sigatoka said:
Had i been American and of voting age, i wud have voted for George Bush (against Al Gore) which in hindsight seems such a mistake. Compassionate Conservatism, unfortuantely George Bush forgot about the Compassionate side of it.

I am of voting age and in 2000 I did vote for Bush. I could not bring my self to do so in 2004. Then I felt that even Cheetah ( Tarzan's chimp) could have done a better job!

I am in fact a Christian, but I cannot condemn anyone else for their beliefs be it Hindu, Moslem or agnostic. It is a personal choice thing. So when the Mormons and Jehovah's witness knock on the door we usually ignore it. I even once said ( from my side of the closed door),"nobody home but us chickens"!!

Jana said:
:woot: :woot: isnt Cow sacred animal in Hinduism.

Imean can anyone tell me do Hindu slaughter Cows?????

Yes it is. But Hindus do a lot of stuff which isnt necessarily by the dot, plus one has to make a living. Lastly, there are minute differences in beliefs, state by state, eg eating beef is pretty common in the south and up northeast amongst hindus. Northern/ Middle state Hindus tend to be more conservative in this respect, apart from priests everywhere.

Arrow said:
Yes it is. But Hindus do a lot of stuff which isnt necessarily by the dot.

Thats human nature, got nothing to do with being hindu.
Not many people live by the book these days.

Neo said:
Thats human nature, got nothing to do with being hindu.
Not many people live by the book these days.

True but it is not exactly "in the book" either, so customs vary.

Nandi, is supposed to be Shiva's "vehicle", a bull- and that is where the occasional display of the bull in Hindu religious imagery comes from. The cow is referred to as Kamadhenu, from its depiction in a story about a sage about a miraculous being that could fulfill anything that its owner wished for.

Basically, the reverence for the cow comes from Indias agrarian past. For a farmer, the cow was essential to till the land, for food- butter, milk, clarified butter (for rituals), cowdung was used as fertilizer etc

In modern days, as times change, so do perceptions. Earlier on, meat eating was not proscribed in the Hindu religion, and but with the growth of self abnegation and similar religious schools of thought within Hinduism and Buddhism & Jainism, it became customary for orthodox Hindus to shun meat eating especially beef, as it was disrespectful of life.

True...but I was referring to other major religions like Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom