What's new

Indian JCO, 3 Pak soldiers killed in infiltration attempt

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
SRINAGAR: In the first major ceasefire violation in the Valley this year, an Indian junior commissioned officer (JCO) and three Pakistani soldiers were killed in a heavy exchange of fire on Thursday.

The firing started on Wednesday when Indian troops challenged a group of infiltrators in the Keran sector of north Kashmir.

Defence spokesman Lt Colonel J S Brar said Pakistani forces had been targeting Shalapathri post as a diversionary tactic to enable terrorists enter Jammu and Kashmir. He said heavy mortars and machine guns were used in the firing that started at 8pm on Wednesday.

Col Brar said Indian troops noticed movement of heavily armed militants near the LoC on Wednesday and challenged them. The gunmen opened fire, fatally wounding Naib Subedar Gurdayal Singh. "Indian soldiers retaliated, forcing the infiltrators to flee back," he said.

Pakistan army spokesman Major General Athar Abbas told Geo News that three Pakistani soldiers were killed in the firing, which he said was "unprovoked." He identified the dead soldiers as belonging to irregular Mujahid battalion. Abbas said the soldiers had been moving between forward posts when they got lost in bad weather in the Neelam valley. He said a meeting has been requested with India to investigate the violation.

Indian JCO, 3 Pak soldiers killed in infiltration attempt - The Times of India

R.I.P. to the dead.May his soul rest in peace... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

RIP to death... Why they are doing it???
They must be providing support for terrorist and got caught up in the firefight. At-least thats what the media reports says.

whenever militants try to infiltrate the Pakistani army usually gives them covering fire to sneak them in all the more reason to post sentry guns on the border and have MALE UCAV's watching the infiltration hot spots and when it sees infiltrators trying to enter J&K they will be blown to bits i can't wait until RUSTOM-C and AURA are with AF and army

whenever militants try to infiltrate the Pakistani army usually gives them covering fire to sneak them in all the more reason to post sentry guns on the border and have MALE UCAV's watching the infiltration hot spots and when it sees infiltrators trying to enter J&K they will be blown to bits i can't wait until RUSTOM-C and AURA are with AF and army

AURA will take some time.But Rustom MALE UAV can be expected in 5 years.I think DRDO will equip them with indigenous SAR, passive thermal imagers-the terrorists will have no way to hide.Hope they can be armed with Helina missiles.

AURA will take some time.But Rustom MALE UAV can be expected in 5 years.I think DRDO will equip them with indigenous SAR, passive thermal imagers-the terrorists will have no way to hide.Hope they can be armed with Helina missiles. . . . . . . .

AURA will take some time.But Rustom MALE UAV can be expected in 5 years.I think DRDO will equip them with indigenous SAR, passive thermal imagers-the terrorists will have no way to hide.Hope they can be armed with Helina missiles.

but for now we should put sentry guns on the LoC to stop any infiltration attempts

Another thread on the same topic has been discused extensively and it increase more hatred between INDIA and Pakistan rather than bringing hope for a fresh start.
So I wish the mods close this thread too.
RIP to all the dead who died fighting, now they are together in Gods court on one side of the river and greating each other(not fighting)

^^^ how can we make a fresh start when terrorists from there attack our country and they help militants infiltrate J&K? are we just supposed to smile while they bleed us by 1,000 cuts?

^^^ how can we make a fresh start when terrorists from there attack our country and they help militants infiltrate J&K? are we just supposed to smile while they bleed us by 1,000 cuts?
Our consumer policy is "Buysers be aware", we will have a watchful eye at our borders, we will repele milatants and at the same time increase bilatral ties that the Pakistani people belive what its high command is doing is wrong and the high command themself will realize that its a futile effort to send terrorists.
we can not completly put the blame on Pakistan, when we have black sheeps in our country. we will root out that with nationalism as well as iorn fist and then there is a better future

Our consumer policy is "Buysers be aware", we will have a watchful eye at our borders, we will repele milatants and at the same time increase bilatral ties that the Pakistani people belive what its high command is doing is wrong and the high command themself will realize that its a futile effort to send terrorists.
we can not completly put the blame on Pakistan, when we have black sheeps in our country. we will root out that with nationalism as well as iorn fist and then there is a better future

there should be no point to having a watchful eye on the border these guys are fighting us by proxy don't you see man? wake up and smell the coffee this isn't kiddies in the sandbox playing during recess this is the cold hard truth i hate to say it myself but it is

i want Pakistan and India to be peaceful neighbors too but that is impossible when they have no control over there rogue intelligence agency who fights us by proxy means, the fact that there are terror camps on the other side of Kashmir does not bother you? only when the proxy war in Kashmir is over with the breaking of terrorist infrastructure then there will be chance for peace until then keep a vigil on the LoC i salute our brave Jawans for doing so

RIP to the indian JCO,good job by the army we got three of their's for one of ours

LOL u are talking as if civilian govt is in control of the army in pak. Even if the common people know then what ?

Back
Top Bottom