What's new

Indian IT companies supported 2.8 lakh jobs in US last year

hawx

Reaction score
WASHINGTON: Indian IT companies supported as many as 2.8 lakh jobs in America last year amid a gloomy employment scenario in the US and have invested a whopping over five billion dollars in FDI through acquisitions and green-field projects, according to India's top envoy here.

Addressing the Asia Society here yesterday, Indian Ambassador to the US, Nirupama Rao said, "Our IT companies supported 280,000 jobs in the US last year.

"The IT companies have invested more than 5 billion dollars in FDI through acquisitions and green-field projects."

"The unemployment rate in the tech-space in this country is much lower than in manufacturing and that is where the effort is concentrated we believe today -- to go back the jobs in manufacturing to this country," she said.

Acknowledging that India's trade and economic relationship with the US has not scaled the heights reached in US trade and economic ties with China, she said there are goals yet to be achieved in this area.

"The voices of Indian companies and business interests are often unheard in the audio stream of voices from the US side who are constantly urging India to 'do more' on the reform front," she said.

In this crescendo from the American side, is the political economy and anthropology of India understood sufficiently? she asked. "There is no question of the tide of economic reform in India being reversed."

"Look at the history of reform in India from 1991 onwards. Successive governments have come and gone, but the direction of reform has not been reversed, ever," she said.

"Do not take us at face value. When the chips are down, our system responds very well. As our Prime Minister told Secretary Clinton when they met in Delhi in May, 'the message I would like you to carry is that India remains open, and the climate (of reform) will not be disrupted'. The India Story is definitely not over," the Ambassador said.

I can't understand why you guys are proud to give rich USA so many well paid jobs when your country still has so many in dire poverty.

Götterdämmerung;3234918 said:
I can't understand why you guys are proud to give rich USA so many well paid jobs when your country still has so many in dire poverty.
knowing your negatives is good and doing something about it is very good but if one only sees negatives and did not celebrates it's positive achievement then all the time the one has wasted on knowing and rectifying it's negative is of no use.nobody is perfect.forget perfect we are worse but there is hope and iam sure there will be a time when we will have less poor.

IT companies can't provide jobs to illiterate poor peoples. And neither they're supposed to elevate peoples from poverty.

Ever wondered to make sense in your posts, or is this itch of trolling is too hard to suppress?

USA and India, situated diametrically opposite to each other on the globe, have a lot in common.

Both country are secular democratic Nation. Both are "Land of opportunity". The great American and Indian Dream... As both country are at 12 hr difference, Both complement each other rather than acting as adversary.

I wud like to rephrase ue phrase. Its nto U cant understand , U DONT want to understand , for U r one Indian hater .. I have seen numerous posts by you.
Now listen , It is a give and take relationship. U cant expect to get many a things without giving some too. US - IND Nuclear deal is a biggest recent example. See Angela Markel got you people in $hits , just giving and giving to the EU (greece comes to mind , so does Ireland , Spain)
If we desert US in this time , when they willl recover , they will desert us too.
Diplomacy.
and who says we just `Created` those jobs in US , I m sure we are benefiting from them jobs too.

Coz those jobs are created because of development of business. In every business there are minimum 2 sides. Now because of business from India the USA side got jobs. Also the Indian side got jobs too. Its just that, its not enough as compared to other people still unemployed. Not to be in a misconception that only one side get jobs, other side dont.

So we should give Software engineer job to janitor in India or people with no qualifications.
Also keep in mind, Banned Topic Povert of India.

No one is here for charity my frnd
Ever wondered why would Indian IT companies invest in US n Europe if they don't see any profit in their investment there???:undecided:

Companies invest in US n Europe for better technology n increasing their client base in that country n for Indian companies it also help them to send their local employees to such off shore locations to learn new technologies n better ways to doing business:azn:

Always remember n don't ask again
All companies whether they r Indian or American invest in other countries only bcoz they see profit in their investment...

Hope u got ur answer mate:enjoy:

This was already covered. A large percent of these jobs includes H1-B Indians working in the US.

Obviously, wouldn't that be pocket friendly?

This was discussed to death in an earlier thread: it's a matter of perception and wording.

The article makes it sound as if Indian companies have provided 280,000 jobs to out-of-work Americans but, in reality, most of the higher paying jobs went to Indians brought into America expressly for the purpose.

Er.........Retarded logic.

How is providing employment in a foreign nation and dire poverty at home nation directly related?

Unless you have some proof to state that those in dire poverty had their employment opportunity given to those in USA.

Besides Revenues generated by doing bussiness in USA can be put to charity to help those in dire poverty

By that logic no developing nation should open/expand businesses to developed nations.

This was discussed to death in an earlier thread: it's a matter of perception and wording.

The article makes it sound as if Indian companies have provided 280,000 jobs to out-of-work Americans but, in reality, most of the higher paying jobs went to Indians brought into America expressly for the purpose.

Hehehe :D
But not everybody knows that:azn: n u got to agree that such news do help in changing the general public opinion about India n outsourcing in a positive manner...:toast_sign:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom