What's new

Indian intel warns Pakistan is developing supply of cheap DIY suicide IED drones for Kashmiris

Aspen

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian Intel agency has warned that Pakistan is overlooking the development of Do-it-yourself (DIY) small drone the size of a model airplane to be used to arm it with explosives to kill troops in the Kashmir and this drones might be provided to Pakistan backed terrorists and a new batch of infiltrators might be carrying them. Rudimentary man-in-the-loop remote controlled setup with a fixed forward-facing video camera and a single front-mounted propeller drones made locally are cheaper to manufacture and can’t be traced back to the country where it was supplied to if it was manufactured by a multinational company. Such kits for DIY projects are easily available for students projects and these drones can carry a single grenade that weighs only 180gms and drop it near troops or it can be packed with small quantities of IEDs which can severely injure troops often leading to death.

http://idrw.org/pakistan-plans-supply-of-suicide-drones-for-attacks-in-kashmir/

Indian Intel agency has warned that Pakistan is overlooking the development of Do-it-yourself (DIY) small drone the size of a model airplane to be used to arm it with explosives to kill troops in the Kashmir and this drones might be provided to Pakistan backed terrorists and a new batch of infiltrators might be carrying them. Rudimentary man-in-the-loop remote controlled setup with a fixed forward-facing video camera and a single front-mounted propeller drones made locally are cheaper to manufacture and can’t be traced back to the country where it was supplied to if it was manufactured by a multinational company. Such kits for DIY projects are easily available for students projects and these drones can carry a single grenade that weighs only 180gms and drop it near troops or it can be packed with small quantities of IEDs which can severely injure troops often leading to death.

http://idrw.org/pakistan-plans-supply-of-suicide-drones-for-attacks-in-kashmir/

ISI is still the best. They keep making us proud again and again with their ingenuity.

Can't wait to see these drones in action. Excited to see what other surprises they have in store.

Pakistan always had surprises being it Nuke tests, RAAD, Babur, Ababeel, Burraq ... The list is long.

A PDF member here suggested that a year ago I think, calling it "strike at a distance option". What a prediction.

I guess Kashmiris finally realized, instead of risking lives, strike at distance is much more viable and safer in Kashmir than any place else thanks to dense trees, bushes and all that.

Great development. In near future, dense jungle like environment, it would be much easier to use off the shelf A.I. to hurt them even more (i.e. using cheap phone hardware etc with jamming resistance off course. though installed A.I. based algorithms will negate the need for remotely controlling any such "indian killing asset".)

A PDF member here suggested that a year ago I think, calling it "strike at a distance option". What a prediction.

I guess Kashmiris finally realized, instead of risking lives, strike at distance is much more viable and safer in Kashmir than any place else thanks to dense trees, bushes and all that.

Great development. In near future, dense jungle like environment, it would be much easier to use off the shelf A.I. to hurt them even more (i.e. using cheap phone hardware etc with jamming resistance off course. though installed A.I. based algorithms will negate the need for remotely controlling any such "indian killing asset". Hence jamming won't work since such systems won't be communicating to anyone)

I think Kashmir will be the first conflict zone in the world to heavily utilize small drone warfare in a mountainous region. It will have new and interesting implications.

What I find interesting is 3 things:

1. These drones sound like they will be DIY packages Pakistan supplies to Kashmiris who assemble and build the drones themselves. This should make it easier to smuggle in without getting noticed.

2. They will be cheap, disposable, one time use.

3. Some Kashmiris may already have these DIY drones.

India is carefully watching Israeli model as Palestine is being annexed. It's a big wake up call. I think Pakistan is slowly starting to adopt Iranian model out of necessity. Pakistan previously supplied weapons to Kashmiris but that was basically it. Now it seems like Pakistan is starting to supply more sophisticated weapons to Kashmiris in the form of these drones, the way Iran gives drones to Houthi rebels in Yemen. I wonder if Pakistan is considering giving missile technology to Kashmiris as well.

Last edited:
I think Kashmir will be the first conflict zone in the world to heavily utilize small drone warfare in a mountainous region. It will have new and interesting implications.

Not just small drone. Also very small toys like autonomous vehicles, using cheap mobile phone based sensor triggered smart mines to name a few. It will allow fighting without risk filled Kalashnikov with the ability to cause massive damage.

All can be built at home. Kashmir is mostly filled with heavy forestation, vegetation and snow during the winter. Combined that with easily accessible A.I. that you will soon be able to download from specially created "Kashmir loving sites" and you have perfect environment for hunting without getting caught.

Last edited:
Advanced training, weapons(small arms, ATGMS etc etc) and even hacking skills are important for Kashmiris

What I find interesting is 3 things:

1. These drones sound like they will be DIY packages Pakistan supplies to Kashmiris who assemble and build the drones themselves. This should make it easier to smuggle in without getting noticed.

2. They will be cheap, disposable, one time use.

3. Some Kashmiris may already have these DIY drones.

I think Pakistan is slowly starting to adopt Iranian model. Pakistan previously supplied weapons to Kashmiris but that was basically it. Now it seems like Pakistan is starting to supply more sophisticated weapons to Kashmiris in the form of these drones, the way Iran gives drones to Houthi rebels in Yemen. I wonder if Pakistan is considering giving missile technology to Kashmiris as well.

That's right, Hacking is also a good idea. Previously mentioned PDF member also predicted that too. He stated kashmiris will be able to hack into traffic network and turn all signals green causing massive traffic disturbances or bring down the indian stock Market etc. Hacking will allow them to do things such as cause massive economic harm to India while being deep in india rather being confined to Kashmir. They will be impossible to catch if they do it very carefully.
Kashmiris do need to fight with new safer ways to fight the old war.

Last edited:
Not just small drone. Also very small toys like autonomous vehicles, using cheap mobile phone based sensor triggered smart mines to name a few. It will allow fighting without risk filled Kalashnikov with the ability to cause massive damage.

All can be built at home. Kashmir is mostly filled with heavy forestation, vegetation and snow during the winter. Combined that easily accessible A.I. that you will soon be able to download from "Kashmir loving sites" and you have perfect environment for hunting without getting caught:)

Currently drones are mostly being used in places like Syria, Libya, and Yemen which are flat, open areas.

What will be really interesting about drones in Kashmir is that it will be the first time that drones anywhere in the world will be deployed on a large scale in rugged mountain terrain. So a small, quiet, low flying drone will be able to hide quite well amongst the mountains and will be not as easy to spot and shoot down in a flat, open area like Libya.

Every new weapon can be and will be countered with even more deadly weapon. Funny thing is when indian army will start using deadly weapon, same people will cry foul, as if its some kind of kids games going on.

That's right, Hacking is also a good idea. Previously mentioned PDF member also predicted it. He stated kashmiris will be able to hack into traffic network and turn all signals green causing massive traffic disturbances or bring down the indian stock Market. Hacking will allow them to do things such as cause massive economic harm to India while being deep in india rather being confined to Kashmir. They will be impossible to catch if they do it very carefully.
Kashmiris do need to fight new safer ways to fight the old war.

I think cyber warfare is more of a domain for a new PCF (Pakistan Cyber Force) since it doesn't make any difference whether its Pakistanis or Kashmiris doing the hacking.

But Iran has wrote the manual on cyber warfare by hacking US drones, disk nuking critical Saudi/Israeli infrastructure through SCADA attacks, disrupting enemy financial transactions, and planting backdoors in corporate VPN's to steal trade secrets using published security exploits. So observing Iran's highly effective cyber warfare strategy is something Pakistan should try to replicate.

In short, Pakistan military needs two new branches:

Pakistan Drone Force (PDF)
Pakistan Cyber Force (PCF)

Ideally, these new branches should have flexible interoperability with both ISI and China.

Last edited:
I think cyber warfare is more of a domain for a new PCF (Pakistan Cyber Force) since it doesn't make any difference whether its Pakistanis or Kashmiris doing the hacking.

But Iran has wrote the book on cyber warfare by hacking US drones and disk nuking critical Saudi/Israeli infrastructure through SCADA attacks. So observing Iran's highly effective cyber warfare strategy is something Pakistan should try to replicate.
Sometimes accessing a locally accessible communication channel allows much better access for a cyber attack. One can even tap into country wide fiber optics that may provide access to those networked computers and defense systems that are not accessible from outside the country.

Furthermore, it can't be tracked to another nation hence less international fall out.

and yes you are right Pakistan urgently needs full ledge cyber warfare division. ISI has such a group already. But we do need a separate, larger and dedicated one. Drone force will likely be formed in near future to accumulate drone based combat operation (though current drones are not suitable for actual war but rather for anti-insurgency operations. They just too vulnerable.)

Last edited:
and pak will supply these drones to the freedom fighters in kashmir and made in pakistan will be painted over the drone. indians are fu*king idiots.

Reactions: HRK
Sometimes accessing a locally accessible communication channel allows much better access for a cyber attack. One can even tap into country wide fiber optics that may provide access to those networked computers and defense systems that are not accessible from outside the country.

Furthermore, it can't be tracked to another nation hence less international fall out.

Good point

Back
Top Bottom