What's new

Indian govt should provide security to SRK: Malik

Jade

Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik [ Images ] on Monday waded into the controversy over Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan's [ Images ] remarks about the problems purportedly faced by Indian Muslims, saying the Indian government should provide the actor security.

"He (Shahrukh) is born India [ Images ]n and he would like to remain Indian, but I will request the government of India (to) please provide him security. I would like to request all Indian brothers and sisters and all those who are talking in a negative way about Shahrukh, they should know he is a movie star," Malik said.

Noting that Shahrukh is loved by the people of Pakistan and India, Malik said: "I am sure all those who are talking against him or are trying to threaten him, they will withdraw their threat with this hope that the stars are loved, the stars provide love and they are like a symbol of unity".

Malik made the remarks while interacting with reporters at a reception organised by high Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal to mark India's Republic Day.

He was responding to questions about a first-person account penned by Shahrukh in a magazine, in which the star focused on his experiences as a Muslim in the post-9/11 world. Malik said that extremism was growing around the world.

"India has realised now which I identified three years back – that this (extremism) is going to grow in India," he claimed. Pakistan, he said, would not exploit such extremism or "use it negatively".

He addedm, "Let's get together and fight against this extremism and terrorism because we are working for betterment and peace in Pakistan and India".

Malik said he wanted to see friendship between India and Pakistan flourishing because Islamabad [ Images ] believes friendship between the two sides is "a way forward for peace in this region and prosperity on both sides".

Despite ‘minor’ issues such as the tensions along the Line of Control [ Images ], Malik said he was "sure the composite dialogue will continue in the same manner and all the agreements we have signed will be respected".

He asked the Indian government to begin implementing a scheme to issue visa on arrival to Pakistani senior citizens, saying he had directed Pakistani officials to grant such visas to Indian senior citizens.

Officials have said the scheme, which was to start from January 15, was put on hold as the Pakistani side was seeking many documents from Indian senior citizens.

In contrast, the officials said, the Indian side had prepared simplified procedures for Pakistani applicants.

Indian govt should provide security to SRK: Malik - Rediff.com India News

Enough of Shahrukh thread guys. Its getting boring and only idiots are making statements in press.

Too much hype given.

We have comedy shows and stand up acts for entertainment - you people have Rehman Malik.

Who gives a damn about srk, he is a den e elahi follower, hardly a Muslim married to someone who is not from the people of the book.

We have our problems that rehman malik should be using his energy on.

Enough of Shahrukh thread guys. Its getting boring and only idiots are making statements in press.

Too much hype given.

What a idiot that guy is. If it is coming from Hafiz Saeed, it is fine, but you don't expect this BS from the interior minister of Pakistan. A clear case of interfering in internal affairs of India

This guy will never stop trolling! Mr. Malik do you know we have heaps of issues to be dealt in Pakistan?

What a idiot that guy is. If it is coming from Hafiz Saeed, it is fine, but you don't expect this BS from the interior minister of Pakistan. A clear case of interfering in internal affairs of India
Actually he represents a certain section of society who are more worried about Indian Muslims than their own people.

You can see some examples like this on this forum, their media, so called social workers and politicians.

Actually he represents a certain section of society who are more worried about Indian Muslims than their own people.

You can see some examples like this on this forum, their media, so called social workers and politicians.

As far I understand, this is nothing to do with worrying about Indian Muslims. It is more of a dig at India.

As far I understand, this is nothing to do with worrying about Indian Muslims. It is more of a dig at India.
No one worries about them. They just want to dig at India. And say that Indian Muslims did a mistake.

This, is what happens when a guy who should be shaving heads, cropping beards and cutting nails for 15 rupees becomes your interior minister.

This, is what happens when a guy who should be shaving heads, cropping beards and cutting nails for 15 rupees becomes your interior minister.
He won't be good at that too. He can't focus where he should. :D

No one let him shave their beard while Malik has Ustara in his hand. :lol:

""He (Shahrukh) is born India [ Images ]n and he would like to remain Indian, but I will request the government of India (to) please provide him security. I would like to request all Indian brothers and sisters and all those who are talking in a negative way about Shahrukh, they should know he is a movie star," Malik said."

:hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

Someone, please take him.

Back
Top Bottom