What's new

Indian Film Drops Pakistan's Asif

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian Film Drops Pakistan's Asif

MUMBAI, Sept 1, 2010 (AFP) - Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Asif has been dropped from a planned role in a South Indian film after he was embroiled in betting scam allegations, Indian media reported Wednesday.

The bowler had been slated to play the lead role in the Malayalam-language film "Mazhavillinattamvare" (Till The Tip Of The Rainbow), which charts the life of a Pakistani cricket coach in the southern Indian state of Kerala.

"With the shameful details of bribery emerging, I have no option but to look for someone else," director Kaithapram Damodoran Namboothiri was quoted as saying by the Times of India.

The Bangalore-based Deccan Herald newspaper added that Namboothiri was now looking for another Pakistani cricketer or actor for the film, which starts shooting next month.

Asif is one of three players named by British tabloid the News of the World as being involved in alleged "spot-fixing" in the final Test match between England and Pakistan at Lord's last week.

The newspaper said a British-based agent for a number of Pakistan players took 150,000 pounds (230,000 dollars) to arrange for deliberate no-balls to be bowled at precise points during the match.

The players at the centre of the claims have not been suspended but are likely to miss Thursday's warm-up game for the rest of the tour after being summoned to meet officials in London.

well, its understandable. in fact i dont think Asif should have been chosen in the first place. He is not that popular and no one has forgotten his 'drug' history at Dubai airport.

Much better to choose someone like Afridi, if he would agree. Otherwise we an try for Shoaib Malik. He already has an 'affiliation' for India ;)

This was inevitable.. nothing new..

Though I think it was a stupid idea to start with, as he cant even speak the language, I guess the movie guys should have waited for the results of the investigations before dropping him.

Though I think it was a stupid idea to start with, as he cant even speak the language, I guess the movie guys should have waited for the results of the investigations before dropping him.

he was supposed to act as a pakistani in the film...so no language issue

^^ yea actually as a Pakistani coach coming to coach Kerala players..i was eagerly waiting for this movies..damn..who will be next star from Pakistan?? :what:

Though I think it was a stupid idea to start with, as he cant even speak the language

There are many Non-South Indians who work in Southern film industries...most of them are bollywood actors...and most of them dont speak the language..so its not a big issue.

@Topic

i think Wasim Akram or Waqar Younis would have been a better option as they are more clean and more popular...and are doing the jobs they are supposed to play in the film.

There are many Non-South Indians who work in Southern film industries...most of them are bollywood actors...and most of them dont speak the language..so its not a big issue.

@Topic

i think Wasim Akram or Waqar Younis would have been a better option as they are more clean and more popular...and are doing the jobs they are supposed to play in the film.

why these, why pakistanese, drop them all. we have enough actors/cricketers.

According to bhartis Saina has replaced Sania so the item number goes to new sensation Saina ;)

Definitely ma'am...atleast for me.

And the only reason is...i dont respect the people who give their daughters to enemy.

Jana ji...if i had a daughter i would never marry her in a enemy nation....WOULD YOU?

And if you wont...stop critising all those Indians who support SAINA instead of SANIA.

And its SANIA who needs INDIA..not the other way around...we can find many sportswomen who wont let us down...in ANYTHING!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom