What's new

INDIAN Emergency Services (POLICE, AMBULANCE,FIRE)

Do we have something akin to the American CDC or PHSCC here in India?

anthrax-haz-mat_wide-d15256c9a2b55ef63fd426ccbd3decec9e5c3dad-s40-c85.jpg

Coz I've seen Contagion and the ability quarantine and isolate and steadfast research is something that is absolutely necessary during an outbreak.
Heck, CDC even has zombie apocalypse preparedness campaigns.

I guess such duties fall under the responsibility of the NDRF

20140718135655-chennai_heart_transplant_4_1403075072_540x540.jpg

Heart.jpg

The Chennai Police with a team of doctors from two hospitals ensured that an ambulance carrying a donor heart could be transported in the nick of time. The donor heart was transported from the Rajiv Gandhi Government Hospital to the Fortis Malar Hospital 12 kilometres away. 26 policemen given a green corridor to the ambulance, ensuring that it reached within 14 minutes. Normally, a vehicle takes 45 minutes to cover the stretch at peak hour. A human heart can be preserved for up to four hours, but experts say the earlier the transplant, the higher the chances of success.
Chennai City Traffic Police’s Green Channel for organ transplants. Started in 2008 when the Tamil Nadu Organ Transplant Programme was initiated, the green corridor has held good over the years to such an extent that 75 hearts have been transplanted successfully.
Emergency Live | Stories - Passed and failed | India: the green corridor for ambulance work well!
No lal batti: Chennai halts traffic to save life - The Times of India
Green Corridor Slices Traffic to Get Hearts a 'Home' in The Nick of Time -The New Indian Express

lol..yes..now dont tell me you are my school mate.
Well to be fair i didn't study in any non-residential school,actually i did my schooling from R.K.Mission,Narendrapur,which is a residential school:-).Btw what was your school??

Back
Top Bottom