What's new

INDIAN Emergency Services (POLICE, AMBULANCE,FIRE)

How long will it take from here...

img_48_888_36

TO Here:

hummer_large.jpg

lamborghini-police-car.jpg

porsche-935-homewood-580.jpg

cop-caddy_460x0w.jpg

Actually our normal constables can buy these cars without any government help.

@RPK

Is this really a police vehilce- it dosn't have any offical markings to indicate as such as far as I can see.

Yes it is, marked in Tamil on the top & side to keep low profile

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they look great. Is this Indian made?

Every state should adopt these.

AFAIK it is. If you look across India such dress is being adopted by most police forces. Look at CRPF in JK and the CRPF's RAF. I'll post pics in a while.

AFAIK it is. If you look across India such dress is being adopted by most police forces. Look at CRPF in JK and the CRPF's RAF. I'll post pics in a while.

RAF uses the same body armor, you could see that quite often during the recent anti rape protests in Delhi.
Good to see our companies manufacturing all this equipment.

I wish that the police actually considers homogenizing the uniform countrywide. I mean what's the effing point of copying European styles of police? They are cold countries that can do with woolen berets, hard boots, heavy belts and synthetic fabric. But in Indian tropical conditions it is extremely difficult for a constable or even an inspector to wear such crazy outfit. Even police here in mountainous states don't feel comfortable. I can imagine what a pain in the @$$ it would be to wear that trashy uniform in Haryana's or Rajasthan's heat or Tamil Nadu's/Andhra Pradesh's killing humidity + heat.

e3bb088bcbc891ff6f2302c548b3_grande.jpg

Check this out. Brazilian highway police. The cop here has all the essentials and yet is dressed comfortably. Utility belt, cotton T shirt, cotton cargo pants, light boots (can be replaced with black sport shoes in our case), a light baseball cap and a place to keep a bottle of water (on his belt).

That's how all of India's police should be except maybe in J&K, Himachal, here (Sikkim), Uttarakhand and Arunachal.

Civil law enforcement should be centralized and disciplined along the lines of CISF or CRPF. They are better behaved and yet strict in enforcing the law when push comes to a shove, compared to majority of state police in our country; The worst being UP, Haryana and Delhi police.

Those clunky 303s area like carrying barbells around. Instead, the constables should also be issued pistols (not revolvers) with easily changeable magazines, tazers and short light batons like how US issues. A lathi is so colonial and archaic. They should also be issued quality sunglasses in hotter states (a state prerogative here) to make them comfortable.

And police payments should drastically increase in smaller cities.

Come on, they are also humans. They also have families and kids. How are they supposed to survive on say INR 8,000 a month? Also if their working conditions, attire and work culture was made a bit more comfortable, even they will be sincere.

constitution says police is a state list .centre has no involvement in it.it cant be homogenized unless with the consent of all the states which is next to impossible.

Back
Top Bottom