What's new

Indian Cough Syrup kįllś Uzbek Kids

Mirzali Khan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Uzbekistan's health ministry has said at least 18 children have died after consuming a medicinal syrup manufactured by Indian drugmaker Marion Biotech Pvt Ltd.

The ministry said on Wednesday 18 out of 21 children who took the Doc-1 Max syrup while suffering from an acute respiratory disease died after consuming it. It is marketed on the company's website as a treatment for cold and flu symptoms.

A batch of the syrup contained ethylene glycol, which the ministry said was a toxic substance. The syrup was imported into Uzbekistan by Quramax Medical LLC, the ministry said in its statement released on Tuesday.

It also said the syrup was given to children at home without a doctor's prescription, either by their parents or on the advice of pharmacists, with doses that exceeded the standard dose for children.

It was not immediately clear whether all or any of the children had consumed the suspect batch or had consumed more than the standard dose, or both.

Marion Biotech, Quramax Medical and India's health ministry did not immediately respond to a request seeking comment.

An Indian government source said the health ministry was looking into the matter.

@Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Menace2Society @Pakstallion @Vapnope @Bleek @Areesh @DESERT FIGHTER @Desert Fox 1 @N.Siddiqui @Norwegian @TNT @Imad.Khan @Dalit @ziaulislam @EternalMortal @lastofthepatriots @WarKa DaNG @Warking @Talwar e Pakistan @WinterFangs @kingQamaR @Menace2Society @Indus Pakistan @Ghazwa-e-Hind @Norwegian @PakFactor @akramishaqkhan @Zornix @pakpride00090 @MultaniGuy @Abid123 @Goritoes @SecularNationalist @PakistaniandProud @PAKISTANFOREVER @Dual Wielder @Great Janjua @ahaider97 @PakFactor @Sayfullah

Nah it was in Indonesia I think
70 die in gambia :

Indian cough syrup has made a reputation for killing children all over the world.
That’s what happens when you drink cow piss and think it has healing properties.
Rather drink piss than this.

70 die in gambia :

Damn wtf

I’m guessing this is a deal whet wrong? Was this a private manufacturing deal or did India agree to do this for like UNHCR or something?

India killing kids in Muslim majority Gambia, Indonesia and now Uzbekistan

No wonder Modi jee is a virat hindu successfully doing Gujarat 2002 on a global scale

Blaming cow piss for this is very distasteful (no pun intended). I am assuming it's just the typical 3rd world QC and play here. The ethical thing to do would be for the indian manufacturer to pull out all stocks. Let's hope there are no more incidents like this.

So the contamination caused it?
Frankly speaking, on the west or Japanese/Korean/Chinese should make medicines.
The Indians' hygiene conditions and standards are very low. No matter how tough and strict regulations are in the factory, the employee cannot meet it as hygiene and quality are not embedded in their nature.

They can eat w/o washing their hands, mix ort meals, sell near stale food, etc,. I bet even a supervisor knew that there was some contamination, he might shrug it off "kuch nahi hota" or "itna chalta hay"

koni baat yai duwai chalty hai deku koi ni martha india vich. then uzbek kids die.

didnt like a 100 indian kids also die?

Indian cough syrup has made a reputation for killing children all over the world.
That’s what happens when you drink cow piss and think it has healing properties.
Yeah a while ago I read news of Pakistani children also suffered from indian cough syrup.
Something is definitely wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom