What's new

Indian Army places first Small order for Indian Bofors

20!!?? We aren't exactly fighting the Maldives here. WTF is wrong with the Army? Even after successful trials they are ordering so less. What's their problem with indigenous stuff.
:rofl:
Its just to show the solidarity with the project. Read again trials are not over yet. Bigger order will follow after all trials.

Plus this is 45 mm. another gun ( DRDO ) with 52 mm is also under trials.

Plus it has nothing to do with M777 light guns being imported.

The last time it happened, AK Anthony returned a percentage of the total allocations because the deals 'got delayed'. We don't want that.

I think the Army should have ordered a 100 pieces at least.
Expected order is over 500 but after the trials.

When will i see an indian army replete and bristling with thousands of modern heavy gun?In this lifetime i hope...:(
Most probably After 4 years. Mean while IA is building muscles with Rocket Arty

We had a license, but apparently no one knew about it.

)
I think we had full TOT. But it was never achieved I guess.

Last edited:
Sir it is 45 calibre and not 45 mm. Just a correction......

Why waste time?Indian artillery guns aren't good to be used by army,thats why there isn't any Indian guns in service!

Why waste time?Indian artillery guns aren't good to be used by army,thats why there isn't any Indian guns in service!
Mate you need to get your facts straight!The Indian Army has been using arty guns made in India by our own O.F.B. since the late 1970s.Have you ever heard of the 105 mm Indian Field Gun/Light Field Gun which the 1st indigenous arty gun made by our own O.F.B. way back in the 70s.The Indian Army has more than 2000 of these guns in their arsenal as of now and from what i have heard from my sources these guns are literally bang for the buck having a max. range of over 17 kms.....:coffee:
Ordnance Factory Board

Mate you need to get your facts straight!The Indian Army has been using arty guns made in India by our own O.F.B. since the late 1970s.Have you ever heard of the 105 mm Indian Field Gun/Light Field Gun which the 1st indigenous arty gun made by our own O.F.B. way back in the 70s.The Indian Army has more than 2000 of these guns in their arsenal as of now and from what i have heard from my sources these guns are literally bang for the buck having a max. range of over 17 kms.....:coffee:
Ordnance Factory Board
Did you notice he joined today? He is an imposter

Back
Top Bottom