What's new

Indian Army is fat not fit, says internal audit

aanshu001

Reaction score
Is the Indian Army unfit? An internal audit of the Army conducted in 2011 by the Controller of Defence Accounts has raised questions about the quantity and quality of food being fed to the men. The audit says normal military diet could be three times more than what is recommended by the ICMR. The Army has dismissed the findings.

According to the audit report, the recommended dietary intake of cereals for normal human consumption is 460 grams per day, while the Indian Army gives 600 grams per day.

As for pulses the recommended norm is 40 grams. The Army’s prescribed scales are more than double. Similarly the medical body ICMR recommends 30 grams of sugar per day. The men in uniform get 90 grams.

The ICMR recommends just 30 grams of meat per person per day as ideal for health but according to the audit report army men get 100 grams of fresh meat. In case of potatoes only 50 grams is permissible but the Indian Army gets 100 grams on a standard basis.

The audit report also refers to two other anomalies that the same scale of food items is provided to army personnel across all age groups. And number two, since food consumption also depends on the nature of the job being done, those deployed in widely divergent terrains and climate may need a higher calorific value than those in warm areas.

Further, the level of physical activity also varies from administrative duties to strenuous physical ones, so should the scale of rations.

The Indian Army in its response has dismissed suggestions saying comparing service rations to the recommended ICMR norms is an incorrect comparison. Further, it believes if compared to international scales of UN ration, the Indian soldier is getting far less.

linK: Indian Army is fat not fit, says internal audit | idrw.org

Silly and misleading title, the audit and its findings are about food and calorie content not about fitness of the force. No information has bee given on BMIs or fat-muscle ratios of the solders.

indian army should eat well enjoy the time no war is gonna happen yaar . aysy bhooky mar ke dait nhi kerni chayee army main ayee hai jawan koi africa nhi ayee .

Sahi kaha..aapke aur mere jaise to army main jaate hi muft ka khane hain... larai to jab hogi tab hogi...

daru aur haddi gosht to milta rahe ...:shout:

lolz after write post here some body knock my door before 5 minutes and surprize was our security he is nepali hindu bring me food pasta juices cigarettes that imran bhai you have EID day i know you will never go out please eat it :yahoo: :yahoo:

acha post kero kismat khud bed per a ker de jay gee :rofl:

First they should find out how many calories a IA jawan burns on an average and then they should compare...We dont want skinny jawans with no muscle.

lolz after write post here some body knock my door before 5 minutes and surprize was our security he is nepali hindu bring me food pasta juices cigarettes that imran bhai you have EID day i know you will never go out please eat it :yahoo: :yahoo:

acha post kero kismat khud bed per a ker de jay gee :rofl:

Bhai abhi to aapne kahan wo security wala tha ... ab ye "de jayegi kaha se aa gayi"?...:confused:

:rofl:

krav_maga_the_more_you_sweat_in_training_the_les_bumper_sticker-p128789516718372132en8ys_400.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom