What's new

Indian Americans support Aid to Pakistan Bill

wtf

Reaction score
I hope its not approved because of the strings.Let's pray that its not approved.

You don't need to pray to stop the bill from being approved in US senate. The odds are actually higher that it will pass with strings.

After it is approved, Pakistan can always allow/block the bill - so use your votes, not prayer. Or write letters to Zardari & co if you don't like it.

Well I am not THAT worried about strings.If Zardari does something very wrong in national interest of Pakistan.He will most probably get his balls chopped off in a plate by Army after he is deposed by US.No worries.

I am not surprised at the support from IA's for the PEACE Bill - the interesting question would be whether they would also support a Kerry-Lugar Bill without the India-specific conditions the house bill contains.

That said, I am not sure what kinds of conditions the Kerry-Lugar bill will contain, so wait and see I suppose.

Last edited:
I am not surprised at the support from IA's for the PEACE Bill - the interesting question would be whether they would also support a Kerry-Lugar Bill without the India-specific conditions the house bill contains.

That said, I am not sure what kinds of conditions the Kerry-Lugar bill will contain, so wait and see I suppose.

But the fact that Indian-Americans support non-military aid to support is itself nice. It's a win-win game for everyone.
Kerry-Lugar could of course turn either way... we'll have to wait and watch.

Hopefully the Bill passes, and Pakistan rejects the Aid.

but Sir the question is at this stage, can it afford not to accept the aid.

The intelligent thing would be to accept the money get your economy back on track get the financials back on track and then tell the Yanks, thank you we don't need you.

QUOTE]The intelligent thing would be to accept the money get your economy back on track.. [/QUOTE]

Phleez!! Quit making sense!!

On the other hand, how pathetic for some, now the aid, "imdaad" they live off, is for Indians to approve.... or not :enjoy::cheers:

To hell with the aid and to hell with the Indian American community supporting the bill. Nothing good can come out of that. If Zardari has any moral decency left in him( which i doubt) he or Gillani should take a firm stand and reject it in whatever form it may be.

I think money in any form is like a water in middle of sahara. pakistan desire this money, and some fanboy who think they can reject the bill, well may be they should sell - the houses and shops of these fanboys to get country back on track.
Well pakistani govt is not handicapped i guess, they dont have to answer to public but they do have to answer to army and isi.
so they will talk America through the deal again to get some amendment done. ( HOPEFULLY for pakistan ).
India will make sure pakistan get some bar on the way money is spend and India is very much entitled to do that. Pakistan is entitled to dodge itself out of way too.

I think money in any form is like a water in middle of sahara. pakistan desire this money, and some fanboy who think they can reject the bill, well may be they should sell - the houses and shops of these fanboys to get country back on track.
Well pakistani govt is not handicapped i guess, they dont have to answer to public but they do have to answer to army and isi.
so they will talk America through the deal again to get some amendment done. ( HOPEFULLY for pakistan ).
India will make sure pakistan get some bar on the way money is spend and India is very much entitled to do that. Pakistan is entitled to dodge itself out of way too.

The highlighted part shows the level of knowledge you have about ground realites. Anyways calling us fan boys , it would be better if you spend that time in educating yourself about who's incharge in Pakistan after the restoration of democracy rather then posting nonsense.

By the way don't flatter yourself. India is far from the status where it could influence events specially related to Pakistan and the support for an aid bill to Pakistan is the first sign to weakness. Needless to say you couldn't stop it hence decided to go along with it.

They support it because of the conditionalities that still remain in the bill.

but Sir the question is at this stage, can it afford not to accept the aid.

The intelligent thing would be to accept the money get your economy back on track get the financials back on track and then tell the Yanks, thank you we don't need you.

Investing in Pakistan and providing access to the market for Pakistani exports would be a much bigger help in getting the economy back on track than aid.

Back
Top Bottom