What's new

India to Take on Pakistani Snipers With NV Sights on LMGs

The Indian army has never signed a declaration of surrender, unlike Pakistan. That is a fact, which you cannot run away from. IA anything but cowards...
USING LOCAL BANGALIES AS YOUR SHIELD AND NOW TALKING ABOUT BRAVERY WAO WHAT A COURAGE.

WE DIDN'T WANTED TO KILL INNOCENT BANGALIES WHO WER BRAIN WASHED BY YOU COWARDS AND DON'T FORGET EVEN AT THAT TIME AT ALL THE LOCATIONS WHERE YOUR ARMY STOOD AGAINST US WE GIVE YOU BLOODY NOSE AND SOME TIME ONE BACK STEP HAS TO BE TAKEN WHEN YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE VICTORY IN LONG RUN

Seems you haven't heard of something called sarcasm. @Dash you certainly need to get out more.
Here's another Kodak moment for you.

11219218_1666977766872907_431061227571173179_n.jpg

BzmiEwpCcAEHFlN.jpg

And i thought blind leading blind was confined to the Indian forums but i guess old habits die hard.
Are you humiliated....:rofl:

Sarcasm is good for you but certain sarcasm leads to propaganda and your friends here get humiliated because of "your" sarcasm. :lol:

While you collect thanks!

Seems you haven't heard of something called sarcasm. @Dash you certainly need to get out more.
Here's another Kodak moment for you.

11219218_1666977766872907_431061227571173179_n.jpg

BzmiEwpCcAEHFlN.jpg

And i thought blind leading blind was confined to the Indian forums but i guess old habits die hard.
Are you humiliated....:rofl:

Sarcasm is good for you but certain sarcasm leads to propaganda and your friends here get humiliated because of "your" sarcasm. :lol:

While you collect thanks!

India is enhancing its small arms capability to take on Pakistani snipers along the border with Pakistan. The Indian Army has lost 25 soldiers within two months as a result sniping and mortar fire from across the border.

New Delhi (Sputnik) — India will equip its army border units with long range light machine guns and night vision devices (NVDs). The Indian Army has asked for ‘state-of-art' night sights from global manufacturers in order to help soldiers fire 7.62 mm Light Machine Guns (LMGs) accurately in any visibility. India needs these long-range 24x7 LMGs to dissuade Pakistani snipers from taking up positions to harass Indian soldiers manning posts along the border.

"In terms of design, metallurgy and performance parameters, the sight should be ‘state of the art'. The night sight should be capable of providing the desired performance across all spectrum of employment in the Indian terrain and climatic conditions. The sight should comply with laid down military standards and other international standards in vogue," reads a document of the proposal issued by the Indian Army.
The range of detection of a human target at minimum 1000 meters will be hold much importance in the mountainous Himalayan region where life of soldiers posted within visual range remains at stake especially on the front with Pakistan.

The Indian Army has for long sought a new 7.62 mm LMG. Though Indian defense scientists have developed 7.62 mm LMG, it is not clear whether the army has approved it for induction. Officials from the Indian government refused to comment it. However, it is known that Israeli firm IWI is one of the contenders for the tender with its Negev NG7. IWI has already received orders for the 5.56 mm LMG. It claims the NEGEV NG-7 is a derivative of the 5.56 LMG. This seeks to place IWI in an advantageous position to meet the army's need for 7.62 mm LMG with a semi-automatic mode.

Read more: [/URL]https://sputniknews.com/military/201612081048327598-india-pakistan-snipers-nv/

Pakistan have shown HMG with NV sight during IDEAS 2016 so both sides are working to improve their capabilities.

Actually, you guys got it wrong this would sniper observatories , this is to neutralize Pak Border Action force, these post would be across the border fence. Equipt with night vision as soon as BAF is visible bullets will be fired with deadly accuracy.

We already have good sniper guns it just we need sniper rifle with longer range.

View attachment 358775

Those NVs / Thermal imaging systems can be countered with uniforms made of new fabric (for Spec ops) which allow person to hide from any NV/ Thermal imaging, that product was displayed on IDEAS 2016.

It's due to the fact that we have more pertinent things to worry about, which is growth, economy & getting rid of corruption.

@utraash response is always delivered in a measured response, which is given back with interest.

Forget it man, its futile, these guys cant filter logic from reason.

In the given circumstances, I believe its more pertinent to save the life who are guarding our borders buddy.

Yes a house that took multiple direct hits of high explosive rounds yet stands only partly damaged.

Pakistani village houses are also battle hardened lol.

Was that a ballistic ammo which IA used so everything would be torn a part otherwise house still stands so that it is proven as PA post? Watch real time hits and you will find that Civilian structure still stands, not fully demolished. It is about scoring a kill not some demolition via charges detonation.

Pakistan have shown HMG with NV sight during IDEAS 2016 so both sides are working to improve their capabilities.

Those NVs / Thermal imaging systems can be countered with uniforms made of new fabric (for Spec ops) which allow person to hide from any NV/ Thermal imaging, that product was displayed on IDEAS 2016.

Bhai, Pakistanis always had better equipment but sadly they relied too much on it and lost many men. Shall I describe?

Bhai, Pakistanis always had better equipment but sadly they relied too much on it and lost many men. Shall I describe?

Facing 7 times larger enemy who have better resources' is not easy, kindly stop chest thumping, If India is that brave use this new gun and all new weapons against China then world will know how capable and brave India is. :D

And I know about our military, have seen first hand how effectively they fought against India even when out numbered and out gunned.

Pakistan overall never had better equipment and supplied in war time.

pretty advance scope. if India were to buy a few hundred that could be a game changer.

Sniping is the game of cowards ..... killing a person without any warning is not a fair game but who cares about the the fairness , on LOC the only matters is to do more damage on opposition .

We lost soldiers due to sniper fires from opposite side ... so lets have the same game ..may be now BSF will get training in sniping ..hope we can respond in the same language of opposition ... still i dont like snipers

I can suggest lots of things, but will keep on the topic of marksman.

The best defense against skarpskytters is another. Better tactics make a difference. For instance do you know what's going on with the lights in this picture? Why would he point lights at himself? Wont that make him easier to see?

%C3%A5119_Grebe2016_Brohaugfoto.t572070bc.m1600.x17df1bca.jpg

Lights pointed towards an object obscure objects behind the source itself, i.e. pointing a light toward a target to conceal the shooter behind the light source. In this photo the shooter is using a loophole to remain concealed and lights to further mask their location and muffle light flash from the rifle, by angling them in such a way that obscures him but allows him to see his target. He's at a standoff distance from the loophole as well, which also aids in his concealment, not right on top of it like in this picture.

20718.jpg

Screens can be used too for flash concealment. Again, the shooter has employed some fancy lighting, a cloth screen and FFP (Final Fire Position) location to present the room as being empty when viewed from outside and the screen masks the sound and flash of the shot.

39.t51b04f9e.m1600.x17b14b32.jpg

Here's another shot illustrating these techniques. Screen + Fancy lighting + standoff FFP = well concealed shooter, even after taking a shot.

SR060613001.t4fcc7928.m2400.xffc70e4b.jpg

Western military employ squad-sniper stacks where each man has a role in the team. One man for demolitions, one as a JTAC for air or artillery support, one or two for security employing wire traps, noise makers and rapid-fire weapons to alert the stack to enemy movements and help them get away from trouble, one as the primary shooter and one as the secondary shooter. Another might employ counter electronics or surveillance gear.

SR060613008.t4fcc7924.m1600.xd9027bf9.jpg

SR060613009.t4fcc7924.m1600.xb07b709c.jpg

Better training helps negate technological advantages like thermal gun sights, but so to do better tactics. Often tactical changes force an adversary to have to adapt to you, rather then you playing catchup to them. Pair them with better technologies, since it's harder to overcome well designed and flexible tactics then it is technological crutches.

Employing technologies like high-fidelity shot locators can help, but against a well concealed or skilled marksman they're of less use. Using the techniques above, a marksman can baffle shot locators by hiding the sound of their rifle using cleaver acoustic trickery like positioning or screens and loopholes, not to mention shot suppressors.

fsj2bn-10.t55e99736.m1600.x70e02c37.jpg

Better tactics, better training and better gear to support them. That's what I suggest.

If that fails a PGM never does:D.

s28_RTR4EFXH.jpg

Of course these tactics are situational, pertaining in particular to marksmanship in urban environments, but other tactical shifts will work in other situations. That's for the either side to explore for themselves.

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1481390605.447406.jpg

The range master is the Sniper the army primarily uses to my knowledge. Tested a few years ago. Can be put on with Shibli scopes according to operational requirements.

What shame can"t spot snipers use usesnipers to spot snipers i can spot sniper very easy i advise on this mattet.

Americas spot snipers in afhannistan using predator and spot by using heat seeking divise

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom