What's new

India to Take on Pakistani Snipers With NV Sights on LMGs

image (1).jpg
sdsss.jpg
ssss.jpg
2zfk4ys.jpg
b051a683e4e342f9b335dc50cd23ce09.jpg

You are right but their deployments are rare without battels and if snipers are operating in enemy's territory then its a fair game but if you shooting from your area across the border then its nothing more then cowardice .... and fighter planes have to crss the border and enter in dangerous territory to drop bombs .... I am OK if we use the same to play the same game as played by our neigbors ....... future seems to be more bloody on LOC :(
The same case can be made of any weapon today. Bullets can kill from a distance without the target ever knowing about it, aircraft drop munitions from well outside of the range any man on the ground can see them, submarines can lob missiles 1000s of kilometers without warning and artillery and mortars rain death without an inkling of impending doom... that's modern warfare.

Warfare hasn't been "fair" since the days of the line formation when armies would line up and take turns shooting at each other.

IMG_9124.jpg

Snipers are another tool, a very effective tool, but just another implement modern battlefields see dealing death without warning.

You are right but their deployments are rare without battels and if snipers are operating in enemy's territory then its a fair game but if you shooting from your area across the border then its nothing more then cowardice .... and fighter planes have to crss the border and enter in dangerous territory to drop bombs .... I am OK if we use the same to play the same game as played by our neigbors ....... future seems to be more bloody on LOC :(
This is the problem with we Indian,we used to seek fair approach even in battles too. For example in ancient times we are forbidden to fight in night,but Alexander the great take it as advantage and invaded india,at the end we lost the war.Everything is fair in war. See battles,weather it's a full fledged or not is meant to kill it's opponents and it's acceptable to use snippers too though I hate to see my soldiers being killed by Pak snippers.

Let's too bring snipper,but afaik Indian army is not up to the mark if western Armies when comes to snippers. So let's equip them with latest gears and trains themvto kill more and more Pakistanis from distance. But it will take years to mastering the art of snipping game. also you can't counter snippers with snippers,it as foolish as countering surface to air missile with surface to air missile(this type bla bla was emerged when we announce s400 purchase).
As a stop gap measurements,i want my army to play the game which they are good in,ie use of tremendous firepower. Let's bring tripod version of cannon launched missile to the loc,small but deadly,also we were producing in India itself. Let's bring howitzer too.

and even Indian made Soldier Tracking Systems.

Integrated Soldier Tracking System

13.jpg

• Tracking with GPS

• Integrated with Indigenous HH Radio

• Mapped location on Indigenous HH Simputer / VDU

12.jpg

11.jpg

The NVS series Gen2+/3 is superior for long range shooting, with outstanding accuracy in the most unfavorable condition.
pk1.png

NVS 3
The Gen2+/3
pk1.png

Model DarVi RDRS 120 is designed and developed primarily for the application of .50(12.7mm) Caliber Heavy Machine Guns(HMGs).
DOTSIGHT.png

11.png

Thermal Imaging Cameras HOLOGRAPHIC WEAPON SIGHT
15.png

156.png

Thermal Imaging Cameras RED DOT REFLEX SIGHT
16.png

Indian Army wants 36,000 Thermal Optics for GPMGs

MAG6-1.jpg

The Indian Army has issued an RFI for 36,000 thermal optics to mount on the services Indian Ordnance Factory licensed production of 7.62x51mm NATO MAG 2A1 General Purpose Machine Guns (GPMG). Pictured is a MAG-58 6-1, lacking the picatinny rail top cover that the 2A1 would have.

From Jane’s

night sights – based on uncooled thermal imaging technology – that enable a 700 m human target recognition range and a 1,000 m detection range, and provide a reticle suitable for 7.62×51 mm calibre from 100 to 800 m.

The sights are to be mounted on MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail systems and weigh no more than 1.8 kg.

Bolstering border security on the Pakistani border, escalations in Kashmir, and the added capability of thermal optics must have all been contributing factors to this recent RFI request from industry. More militaries the world over are starting to transition to thermal optics and image intensifiers, from previous IR only capabilities. The advantages are very obvious, with the ability for an infantryman to track a human or vehicle out several hundred meters in pitch black darkness.

This is a photograph of the 2A1 from the IOF website. Unfortunately photographs of the 2A1 are somewhat hard to come by, in addition to many of the pictures of the IOF made MAG on tripods lead me to believe that all the 2A1s are in border security roles where the added weight of the thermal optics wouldn’t be an issue at all. Currently the majority of Indian troops appear to be using IOF produced 7.62x51mm Bren LMGs while engaging insurgents in the Kashmir, the Indian Army’s most volatile area of operations.

MAG 2A1 Specifications-

Calibre 7.62 mm
Weight of Gun 11 Kgs
Overall length 1048 mm
Rate of Fire Adjustable 600 to 1000 rounds /Minute
Max Range 1800 M
Belt Disintegrating Link
Total No of Components 219
Sight Rear Aperture Graduated Steps of 100 M
Folded Down 200 to 800 M
Extender 800 to 1800 M
Barrel :
i) Length of Barrel 545 mm
ii) Bore Dia H 7.655/L 7.61mm
iii) Number of Grooves 4
iv) Pitch of Rifling 1 Turn in 305 mm
v) Twist of Rifling Right Hand

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/29/indian-army-wants-36000-thermal-optics-gpmgs/

Back
Top Bottom