What's new

India to start work on ” Lighter BrahMos-M

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
According to Media reports India and Russian ”BrahMos Aerospace” will start work on more Agile and lighter BrahMos missiles currently dubbed has BrahMos-M , The new missile will be ready in next two or three years and will be able to be carried by other fighter jets in current fleet of Indian air force .

BrahMos-M will use most of the technology developed for BrahMos missiles but will be different in characters , new missile will only weight 1500 kg which will bring the missile to same class in terms of weight to other ALCM ( Air Launched Cruise Missiles ) , but due to MTCR restrictions range again will be limited to 290 km .

New BrahMos-M can be used on IAF’s upgraded Mig-29 and Navies Mig-29k , there are plans to Integrate them into Mirage-2000 and Rafale in Future , India and Russia are currently working on BrahMos-A for Indian air force which could be launched from Sukhoi-30MKI. BrahMos-A will lose around 500 kg from the Land based version but it is still too heavy and Sukhoi-30 airframes have to be strengthen to carry extra weight of the missiles .

BrahMos-A will only have few Sukhoi-30MKI has a launch platform since only few aircrafts will get strengthening of the airframes ,and each Sukhoi-30 will be able to carry only one BrahMos-A which also limits its availability . But each Sukhoi-30 will be able to carry 2 BrahMos-M .

India to start work on ” Lighter BrahMos-M ” | idrw.org

Indian Air force lacks indigenous ammo. Other than Sudarshan I don't think we have any other indegenous missile in our inventory.
We can use this knowledge gained from Brhamos in designing air launch missiles of 60km, 150 km missiles.

Why not to separately develop the Brahmos-L (large)

if DRDO it self made missiles, without Brahmos company and make it 30 ft long and 1m diameter (Land base launcher) may give long range, and might be higher weight bomb amunitions.

New BrahMos-M can be used on IAF’s upgraded Mig-29 and Navies Mig-29k

Now that will add a lot of punch to CBGs given the fact that the Missile has an amazing accuracy. Couple this with the tearing speed, it will take the potency of CBG to an altogether different level.

Why not to separately develop the Brahmos-L (large)

if DRDO it self made missiles, without Brahmos company and make it 30 ft long and 1m diameter (Land base launcher) may give long range, and might be higher weight bomb amunitions.
I think we are already developing LRCM.

Indian Air force lacks indigenous ammo. Other than Sudarshan I don't think we have any other indegenous missile in our inventory.
We can use this knowledge gained from Brhamos in designing air launch missiles of 60km, 150 km missiles.

Hyper sonic ALM Air Launched Article with 200 KM range is under development.

I was just talking about ammo for IAF. In all categories. standoff weapons requirement will be fulfilled with Beahmos. What about other????

why are we limiting it to 290 kms?

Whom are we appeasing by limiting the range? It is based on brahmos original version but we are able to shred 1 tonne weight and will make it as ALCM. We could easily give it a new name and be smart.

^^New recent new on LRCM. I hope its on track.

yapiii...:victory::victory: more paint jobs for our indian brothers:cheers:...HAIL RUSSIA

why are we limiting it to 290 kms?

Whom are we appeasing by limiting the range? It is based on brahmos original version but we are able to shred 1 tonne weight and will make it as ALCM. We could easily give it a new name and be smart.

we are not russia is as its signatory to mctr and we can't do shit about it as ramjet engine for this comes from russia

Back
Top Bottom