What's new

India to set up urea factory in Iran

RISING SUN

Reaction score
Country
India
India to set up urea factory in Iran
India will be setting up a urea factory in Iran. The gas-based plant is proposed to be built in Chabahar. New Delhi has also agreed to provide Tehran with additional financial aid to develop the Chabahar port. Importantly, the Indian government wants this plant to be ready within few months.

India’s increased engagement in Iran is in total disregard to the US led economic sanctions.

There is a big shortage of natural gas in India. Many gas-based fertilizer plants are functioning at reduced capacity. Every year India imports 20 to 30% of its urea requirement. From Iran itself 1.6 million tonnes urea was imported last year.

The move is also seen as a rebuff by New Delhi to the western powers.

New Delhi is putting in investments in various infrastructure and other developmental projects with a view to challenge Beijing’s growing influence in the region.

Pakistan’s Gwadar port which is less than a 100 kilometers from Iran's Chabhar port is almost taken over by the Chinese. One part of the port is going to be a naval base and that will give the Chinese a huge presence in the region.

India will soon be looking for a joint venture partner in Iran. The price of the gas for the new plant also needs to be negotiated.

The subject is likely to be discussed during Indian foreign minister Salman Khurshid’s visit to Tehran next month.

Analysts say India is making its priorities clear .It will do whatever it takes to ensure that sanctions imposed by western nations on Iran will in no way affect its energy requirements.
PressTV - India to set up urea factory in Iran
Good news & welcome step also. But why to write in such a way that infuriates other party even if you don't want to. We should work for peace & development.

good.we need fertilizers.it accounts for a major part in the imports.its good to have a plant with good energy supply.probably this move is to decrease the CAD

That is a good move on part of both Iran and India. Simultaneously a LNG Terminal should also be set up at Chah Bahar. Then if a Gas deal goes through with Iran; Tankers can ship that Gas to the Indian Coasts. That will become the I-I Gas Pipeline bypassing the volatile area of Pakistan. Of course the price of Iran Gas was still to be acceptably negotiated; so the shipments will have to await that. But Chah Bahar Port can be a very important source of revenue for Iran going forward. Imports to CARs and Afghanistan passing through while Exports from both Iran and CARs can be shipped out from Chah Bahar. We seem to likely to see some quick movements in Chah Bahar now.

I have never seen this kind of childish behaviors from any country in the world.India pulls out of gas line cause the gas price from Iran is too high this was after negotiating the price . Then India goes on to vote against Iran on nuclear issue to please west.

Now India is back in Iran because India needs the same gas they found too expensive before to build urea apparently same gas buying at local levels will be cheaper then imported '' The move is also seen as a rebuff by New Delhi to the western powers''.

The Move isn't to shun western powers the real reason behind this move is ''New Delhi is putting in investments in various infrastructure and other developmental projects with a view to challenge Beijing’s growing influence in the region.'' That is to please West not rebuff.

Independent Indian foreign policy L O L, on this same forum indians are claiming that china should work with her neighbors to get ahead .I guess same as India is working with her north americans and European neighbors to counter china you know the country thats not India immediate neighbor.

Independent Indian foreign policy L O L, on this same forum indians are claiming that china should work with her neighbors to get ahead .I guess same as India is working with her north americans and European neighbors to counter china you know the country thats not India immediate neighbor.

You do realise that the article was written by an Iranian and published in press tv right?

I have never seen this kind of childish behaviors from any country in the world.India pulls out of gas line cause the gas price from Iran is too high this was after negotiating the price . Then India goes on to vote against Iran on nuclear issue to please west.

Now India is back in Iran because India needs the same gas they found too expensive before to build urea apparently same gas buying at local levels will be cheaper then imported '' The move is also seen as a rebuff by New Delhi to the western powers''.

The Move isn't to shun western powers the real reason behind this move is New Delhi is putting in investments in various infrastructure and other developmental projects with a view to challenge Beijing’s growing influence in the region. That is to please West not rebuff.

Man this is really weird & gross. For a second I would have accepted it but when you see India working with IRAN on a project which is being consistently opposed by westerns & over this you are claiming India working for Americans & Europe. This is really height of you know very well what I mean. Even normal guy can understand the logic that if a country is importing fertilizers in big quantity then it is advisable to increase the production in their own country or go for JV with a foreign country which India is currently doing instead of going for higher payment for imports.
And india is making inroads in a situation when everything looks bleak from Indian perspective. I must India is doing some good work then only other countries giving rewards whether it's US Waiver, Civil nuke deal with so many countries, support of Saudi Arabia, IRAN, Israel, CAS, SE Asia, JAPAN, Australia, Brazil, South Korea, Bangladesh, Bhutan & many more. Only there are few countries are there who have problem with India. You can count UK, Pakistan, China, Sri Lanka(highly doubt it whether they oppose it because I have interacted with Sri Lankans in my native place). Even North Korea & Cuba have no problem with us. Though I believe India is on the verge of solving the boundary issues with all countries including China(give & take policy will be applied) except Pakistan & that too only on Kashmir issue will be remaining to be solved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom