What's new

India to Conduct its First Hypersonic Flight Experiment (HEX-01) for AVATAR RLV-TD in March!

I am a bit out of date with space related things. Why do we require a re entry space vehicle when we don't have any international space station. Am I missing something here?

I am a bit out of date with space related things. Why do we require a re entry space vehicle when we don't have any international space station. Am I missing something here?
It is for saving on launch cost rather than making a whole new system for every launch they can do what NASA did with its program.

To place satelites more cheaply

Hey, he is suggesting that F35 project has been delayed beyond its schedule date.

Yes. And I'm sure all Indian projects are always on time. It's widely known.

To place satelites more cheaply

Has anyone until now used re entry space vehicle to put satellites in space? I haven't heard anybody doing it.

Yes. And I'm sure all Indian projects are always on time. It's widely known.

They are not simple projects with proven technologies. New technologies have to invented and inventions are rarely done on time. Hence such projects always almost miss the time line. You can check F35 or F22 time line.

Has anyone until now used re entry space vehicle to put satellites in space? I haven't heard anybody doing it.

Well - they do launch satellites - In fact our own INSAT 1B was launched that way.

insat1b - Copy.jpg

It is for saving on launch cost rather than making a whole new system for every launch they can do what NASA did with its program.

But I think it's going to remain a scientific project. At this point there are single stage to space rockets which can also be recoverable. I think that will be the most practical way to get costs down.

How do we know if there won't be more delays, I mean shift in the future. India like to shift projects more often than anyone else.
might be since IRNSS launch is there in march end so not before april is possible

Main reason for success of ISRO and failure of DRDO is work culture.
I have 2 friends one from ISRO and one ex-DRDO on basis of their 1st hand account , DRDO has lot of bureaucratic politics and lazy attitude work culture.
ISRO on the other hand has nice warm work environment where ideas and inputs of junior members is given due importance.
A positive change in DRDO work culture can do wonders.

In addition to that,

1) If DRDO fails India buys foreign system, so you know what I meant. Corruption in DRDO and sabotages.

2) Corruption in MoD and armed forces.

3) Less support from Indian industry. European, US and Chinese govt R&D ogrs are heavily supported by private companies but in India except few like L&T, Tata or Godrej we have none . Indians companies prefer to work with politicians for corruption and stealing national resources.

Any pic of real shuttle yet?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom