What's new

India to buy Russian rocket engines for its space programme

undercover JIX

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India to buy Russian rocket engines for its space programme: Report

22 Jul 2019 11:50PM (Updated: 22 Jul 2019 11:58PM)
Share this content
Bookmark

MOSCOW: India plans to buy rocket engines from Russia for its national space programme, RIA news agency cited Russian Deputy Prime Minister Yury Borisov as saying during a visit to New Delhi on Monday (Jun 22).

India launched a rocket into space on Monday in an attempt to safely land a rover on the moon, its most ambitious mission yet in the effort to establish itself as a low-cost space power.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...cket-engines-for-its-space-programme-11744498

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-22_14-17-3.gif
    upload_2019-7-22_14-17-3.gif
    37 bytes · Views: 485
I thought India was going to go indigenous on its space programme. For chandrayaan 2 at first they planned in co-operation with Russia with them providing i think rover part in 2011 then delayed to 2015 then cancelled.

lolzzzzz... what happened to ISRO?
India still lacks heavy lift rockets especially for the planned manned space mission...
Till recently USA too was buying the same from Russia....

Probably the economy of scale is to beconsidered such decisions

MOSCOW (Reuters) - India plans to buy rocket engines from Russia for its national space program, RIA news agency cited Russian Deputy Prime Minister Yury Borisov as saying during a visit to New Delhi on Monday.

India launched a rocket into space on Monday in an attempt to safely land a rover on the moon, its most ambitious mission yet in the effort to establish itself as a low-cost space power.

" data-reactid="13">

(Reporting by Polina Ivanova, Editing by William Maclean; Editing by)

@Oscar @Arsalan @The Eagle Please delete this thread.
Other member posted same, so this serves no purpose or adds anything new.
If i had the Delete button available for my threads, I would have deleted it in order to avoid duplication of threads.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom