What's new

India to buy 8 warships from South Korea.

WHITESMOKE

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: In tune with a growing 'strategic partnership' with South Korea, India is now getting all set to ink a major defence contract with the north-east Asian country for acquisition of eight advanced minesweeping and hunting warships.

Under the programme, which will be worth well over Rs 6,000 crore, India will get two of the mine counter-measures vessels (MCMVs) directly from South Korean firm Kangnam Corporation, while the other six will be manufactured by Goa Shipyard after transfer of technology. "The contract is now being finalized after the conclusion of the commercial negotiations," said a source.

India's need for advanced MCMVs that combine the role of traditional minesweepers and active mine-hunters to detect and destroy underwater mines is critical. Despite intelligence inputs holding that Indian harbours face the clear and present danger of underwater mines being planted by both state as well as non-state actors, the Navy's MCMV project has been hanging fire for several years now.

"Underwater mines are cheap weapons that can be used for high-impact incidents. It's relatively easy for someone to lay mines at the harbour approach or departure routes. There is need to step-up the protection of our harbours and offshore installations," said an official.

Made of composite material and high-grade steel to ensure 'minimal magnetivity', the new MCMVs will have high-definition sonars and acoustic and magnetic sweeps to first detect all kinds of marooned and drifting mines and then use remote-controlled systems like small underwater vehicles to then detonate them at safe distances.

Now Pakistan can kiss good bye to Hyundai.

I'm sure Korean companies already have orders, to close all production facilities in Pakistan.

It always amazes me that India has so many countries that are friends with India and are in India's corner, I think India's diplomacy and peaceful rise has gained India the respect of the world and like I have said India has friends in places they least expect it.

We all know the major countries that are friends with India, but there are so many of the smaller Asian neighbors that are actually more in love with India than even many Indians know about, I hope your country continues to grow and continues to try it's hardest to raise the people out of poverty through education and science, I take my hat off to India.

Hyundai makes small pickup trucks in Pakistan and if they close their production, you can look for taping the business.

Hyundai makes small pickup trucks in Pakistan and if they close their production, you can look for taping the business.

Those Korean companies often treat their foreign employees with rude manner, while Pakistan is the closest ally of China, the Chinese government will never allow any Chinese companies to do such thing. :coffee:

Now Pakistan can kiss good bye to Hyundai.

I'm sure Korean companies already have orders, to close all production facilities in Pakistan.

Wait why would they close the production in Pakistan? We are not buying this from Hyundai company they only make cars and trucks.

Anyways looks like its a heavily modified and modernized Lerici Class Minhunter. They took 8 years to finalize this deal. Jeez:cheesy:

f4fi14.jpg

lol, you stupid hindu: you can make friends with all the bonzi (and other petty nations) in the world, but with two powerful and disaffected neighbors right on your border, nothing can aid you when your neighbors decide to buttr*pe you. like the chinese saying, all the blood relations with family members who live afar cannot match the importance of neighbors who live next door, and indians have failed miserably in the most important diplomacy: that with its own neighbors. that is pure idiocy.

does remind me of another "friend" india flirted with back in 2006-2008: the deibazi. deibazi's head of "island" once brought in a staunch ally and a very "supportive" president of gambia who on his visit to taiwan threatened china with an invasion of a thousand elite native gambian tribal warriors if china didn't try to be nice with deibazi - lol. indian friendship with bonzi is right up that deibazi-gambia alley.

another example a High IQ chines infected with verbal diarrhea lol :) ... burn baby burn

lol, you stupid hindu: you can make friends with all the bonzi (and other petty nations) in the world, but with two powerful and disaffected neighbors right on your border, nothing can aid you when your neighbors decide to buttr*pe you. like the chinese saying, all the blood relations with family members who live afar cannot match the importance of neighbors who live next door, and indians have failed miserably in the most important diplomacy: that with its own neighbors. that is pure idiocy.

does remind me of another "friend" india flirted with back in 2006-2008: the deibazi. deibazi's head of "island" once brought in a staunch ally and a very "supportive" president of gambia who on his visit to taiwan threatened china with an invasion of a thousand elite native gambian tribal warriors if china didn't try to be nice with deibazi - lol. indian friendship with bonzi is right up that deibazi-gambia alley.

Actually, it reminds me of the Chanakya strategy. Mess up your neighbours, make alliance with their neighbours.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom