What's new

India to Borrow and Spend More in 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, these figures will never make sense to you...they are so terribly embarrassing.

Here's some more shoddy journalism for you:

India has the greatest proportion of people in Asia behind Nepal without access to improved sanitation, according to Unicef. Some 665 million Indians practice open defecation, more than half the global total. In China, the world’s most populous country, 37 million people defecate in the open, according to Unicef.

India Failing to Control Open Defecation Blunts Nation?s Growth - Bloomberg.com

Like I said - it does not change anything for me or anyone in the world LOL!!

And yes it is PROBLEM at least we have the balls to accept the fact but you do not even have the balls to accept that Pakistan is in severe problems and you go on to compare it with India.

Sorry but your persuasion has not changed anyone's mind. As we speak of sanitation right now - Airtel has become worlds 5th largest telecom operator with 179 million subscriber base after it took over Zain's African assets!

AND HERE YOU GO - PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS VIDEO - It will open your eyes somewhat!

And another one!

Happy watching!
:chilli::chilli:

Last edited by a moderator:
How has the topic “India to Borrow and Spend More in 2010-2011” metamorphosized into “open defecation” ?

I know, these figures will never make sense to you...they are so terribly embarrassing.

Here's some more shoddy journalism for you:

India has the greatest proportion of people in Asia behind Nepal without access to improved sanitation, according to Unicef. Some 665 million Indians practice open defecation, more than half the global total. In China, the world’s most populous country, 37 million people defecate in the open, according to Unicef.

Haq's Musings: Fixing Sanitation Crisis in India

How does defection on open abstract nation building. It is $hit only. Not a natural resource.
Looks like you have some nation building plan using $h1t. You are so concerned about wasting on open. Your mind works only on that matter.

How has the topic “India to Borrow and Spend More in 2010-2011” metamorphosized into “open defecation” ?

You know $hity mind works on $hity things. No surprise.

I am sure he is counting homeless people defection on open in San francisco downtown also. He will come up with the ratio with Islamabad or Lahore in short period.

Unlike you i have not cut out any parts of any article and have posted the whole thing. Its sad how you plagiarize everything.

I dont wanna entering fight here, but you post the article about indian will bla bla bla is really worthless. I have disscussed this with you. I can find millions article about china will bla bla bla, and millions article about japan will be superopower and bla bla bla which published in 80s, and even south koreanl. They are all BS, no one can predicate future. The important thing is taking about "today" not futrue, if we can make every "today" well, the future will be well naturely.

I dont wanna entering fight here, but you post the article about indian will bla bla bla is really worthless. I have disscussed this with you. I can find millions article about china will bla bla bla, and millions article about japan will be superopower and bla bla bla which published in 80s, and even south koreanl. They are all BS, no one can predicate future. The important thing is taking about "today" not futrue, if we can make every "today" well, the future will be well naturely.

I don’t know why are you getting so touchy, I never mentioned China in Bad light in any of the articles mentioned nor did I criticize China in any way. I am just posting articles from reputable sources to counter Riaz Haq fabricated arguments. I don’t see why you need to take offence to that ?

How does defection on open abstract nation building. It is $hit only. Not a natural resource.
Looks like you have some nation building plan using $h1t. You are so concerned about wasting on open. Your mind works only on that matter.

Let me try and help you with the importance of sanitation:

1. It's the single most important thing a nation can do to improve health. The invention of the toilet is credited with dramatic public health improvements in the world.

2. In India's context, thousands of children a day die because of preventable diseases from lack of hygiene, according to WHO and UNICEF.

3. "The toilet is a part of the history of human hygiene which is critical chapter in the growth of civilization," says Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh international, who is doing something to fix the sanitation crisis in India.

4. It's hard to imagine an ill-fed, illiterate "superpower" where two thirds of the population defecates in the open generating 100,000 tons of human excrement in the fields, farms, railroads, streets, etc.

The topic and the thread is about budget priorities in India. The key part of the budget process is balancing domestic social needs, including food, shelter, health, education, etc. vs defense and security. Go back and read the opening post of this thread to understand it.

1. It's the single most important thing a nation can do to improve health. The invention of the toilet is credited with dramatic public health improvements in the world.

2. In India's context, thousands of children a day die because of preventable diseases from lack of hygiene, according to WHO and UNICEF.

3. "The toilet is a part of the history of human hygiene which is critical chapter in the growth of civilization," says Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak of Sulabh international, who is doing something to fix the sanitation crisis in India.

4. It's hard to imagine an ill-fed, illiterate "superpower" where two thirds of the population defecates in the open generating 100,000 tons of human excrement in the fields, farms, railroads, streets, etc.

sorry sir, tried another antivirus............still the link you gave is blocked...............Plz provide another link:cheers:

Looks like you got your favourite topic

My question is how come $h1t on open suddenly problem. People are doing in india for ages.

I have no idea how many % people in Pakistan doing. Who is in right mind go to Taliban controlled area and count/watch who is defecting on open.

How do you get to the weight of the $hit? Any methodology you applied?

Looks like you got your favourite topic

My question is how come $h1t on open suddenly problem. People are doing in india for ages.

I have no idea how many % people in Pakistan doing. Who is in right mind go to Taliban controlled area and count who is defecting on open.

How do you get to the weight of the $hit? Any methodology you applied?

There was a time when people lived in caves in India and elsewhere. I'd think we humans, including Indians, have come a long way since then.

As to your question about weight, let me suggest you read the following link and then ask Bloomberg about it:

http://www.google.com/search?client...hp&q=open+defecation+india&btnG=Google+Search

There was a time when people lived in caves in India and elsewhere. I'd think we humans, including Indians, have come a long way since then.

As to your question about weight, let me suggest you read the following link and then ask Bloomberg about it:

BTW what is weight of $h1t in pakistan defected in open.

Do you have any comparision chart for it.
Like pakistan $h1t is more weight than india. Pakistan is wealthy so more weighty $h1t.

Your perf data is deliberately misleading.
Nobody randomly picks peaks to show performance. It's done by calendar years or calendar quarters. Most regular investors in funds do dollar cost averaging to get the best predictable returns.

As to the ADB report, if you bothered to read it, you would know you that it was published in December, 2007, and the data gathering for it started in 2005.

Rather than the simple minded Big Mac index for PPP, the ADB ICP used an elaborate methodology with a basket of 800 items that are actually used by the people in South Asia to other parts of Asia to do a serious evaluation of the purchasing power in specific countries. And it found that Pakistan had higher per capita income than all of its neighbors.

Big Mac has no relevance for India or Pakistan. Most people don't eat Big Macs there....not even lamburgers or veggie burgers. The PPP comps based on it are useless.

Just because you dont understand the concept of trailing returns, it does not make any data misleading. The difference between your approach and mine is that you are taking baseline as 31st Dec 2009 and I am taking today as a base line.. btw, if you see, both your and my approach show KSE delivering a higher return on a 10 year window but lower on a 5 year, 3 year, 2 year and 1 year window than BSE. Neither approach has anything to do with Dollar cost averaging..

Also your logic on the PPP sucks. One of the most ridiculous one coming from you till now (and thats a big deal). Big Mac index is not applied blindly. THe index used by CIA world fact book and IMF is also based on basket of goods . And that index also shows India and Pakistan having comparable PPP per capita GDP in 2005-2006 (the year your report quotes from). Its just that in last 4 years, India's per capita PPP has zoomed up much faster than Pakistan's which has more or less stayed same at the 2500-2600 mark as it was during the time the ADB report was created. You have deliberately taken a report from the time India and Pakistan were comparable in PPP GDP to avoid factoring in the growth of this index in India in last 4 years

Here is the exerpt from the definitions of the PPP from the World fact book

The PPP method involves the use of standardized international dollar price weights, which are applied to the quantities of final goods and services produced in a given economy. The data derived from the PPP method probably provide the best available starting point for comparisons of economic strength and well-being between countries

India is still a developing country, So India need funds to continue with developmental works.
I see around me everything changing very fast..........new roads , hospitals , schools , colleges coming up............
Govt. cannot provide free food to everyone at home.............It can best do is to provide work to the poor , so that they can earn money and spent them to have food.
GoI started National rural employment proggrame for that.
During recent Budget speech, Mr.mukerjee Said that he wanted to allocate more funds to education and health sector but Govt. cannot borrow funds recklessly..........although he raised education budget by around 30% ( i guess).......and also raised health budget.
The author made points about "Massive" spending on Defence.

But author failed to mention how much defence budget is left used and retured back to Finance ministery.
it was in news that thousands of crores of rupees left unused by Defence ministery were returned to Finance ministery.

India is a big country and have a population of over one billion...........the military budget is justified.
The author tried to show that only Govt. brings development and their is no role of private firms in it.
The author should have looked at the growth of Private sector and its contribution to eradication of poverty.

Conclusion: reading article was like wasting time , There was nothing new in it that Indians dont know.
India have poverty , And Indians will eradicate it.

thanks
Prometheus

The differences in most other countries do not result in the kind of abject poverty, hunger, malnutrition and illiteracy that exists in India.

Last I saw, the United Nations Human Development index rated India (Rank 134) higher than Pakistan(Rank 141)

More specifically in the poverty index also India(Rank 88) is rated higher than Pakistan (Rank 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom