What's new

India to arm 40 MKIs with BrahMos missiles

I thought entire fleet of MKI will be capable of launching Brahmos.

This is weird , growler without his crystal ball.

Well since you asked , it may be a possible addition in the next upgrade for the MKI in the next 5 years .

They were testing it on the MKI so far, it might take a few modifications. as kinetic said

They need stronger hard-points and software modification to carry Brahmos.

Nasik facility is working at full speed. All MKIs will be in IAF service by 2014/15.

an offtopic question....hw many indian fighter aircraft r capable of carrying cruise missiles??? (apart from su 30 mki)
and hw many of mrca contenders r capable of carrying cruise missiles??

an offtopic question....hw many indian fighter aircraft r capable of carrying cruise missiles??? (apart from su 30 mki)

You mean stand off weapons? Apart from SU-30MKI, IAF fighters like Mirage-2000 and Jaguars are capable of carrying stand off missiles or cruise missiles and future Mig-29K. AShM also can be called as a stand off missile.

and hw many of mrca contenders r capable of carrying cruise missiles??
Almost all of them.

This brahmos missile looks smaller than other variant..

Do anyone have idea about the specifications of this air to ground brahmos missile......:welcome:

This brahmos missile looks smaller than other variant..

Do anyone have idea about the specifications of this air to ground brahmos missile......:welcome:

It will be little lighter in weight than the one used by Army or Navy, Since air launched brahmos will not require additional boosters for giving it more speed. As it will be lauched from a high speed aircraft and that too at good height. It will be increasing its range also.
I guess it will be almost 300-400 kg lighter than basic version of brahmos.

Btw i heard Su-30Mki will be able to carry 2 brahmos, not much sure, just read out somewhere. If anyone has news on this , pls share.

Back
Top Bottom