What's new

India Talent Show - Warriors of Goja (Amazing! Craziest video ever!)

Gatka is an art of discipline, of becoming one with your Daang and using it like an extension of your body. You don't go around bashing and bringing pain to yourself. This is not the Punjabi martial art I was taught.

Gatka is an art of discipline, of becoming one with your Daang and using it like an extension of your body. You don't go around bashing and bringing pain to yourself. This is not the Punjabi martial art I was taught.

Did you learn that Martial art in Pakistan, What is it called there?

Did you learn that Martial art in Pakistan, What is it called there?

It's called Gatka here too, it's dying out pretty fast although village folk still practice it. I learnt it from a village elder.
Do you practice Gatka ?

In plain word "Bunch-of-Idiots". Hitting oneself and giving pain is not talent (NOT TALENT). If you consider these people talented then I have seen many such talented folks in my school and Collee days who hurt themselves when a girl reject proposal.

How can you use such word against them, if you don't like them please don't watch it...What they are performing is not ordinary tasks one need real talent, gut, determination and lots and lots of practice, even I am against some of their performance, which they have done with out any proper safety and got hurt in the end, but will never use any bad words against them and my humble advice will be to perform the tasks in such a manner they don't get hurt next time... kalaripayattu is one of our ancient form of martial arts and now hardly very few practice it, same with Gatka and I am happy when I saw the young kids perform Gatka with such precision...

Below is a video where you can see the "Shaolin Temple Warrior Monks", perform their skills and you may wonder why the monks need to be fit like a fighter, but the ancient wisdom says only a person with strong physic can easily control his mind, that is the reason our monks and sages found the Yoga, and also the famous Sage Bodhidharma from India is the one who began the physical training of the Shaolin monks that led to the creation of Shaolinquan.

Kalaripayattu Part 1
Kalarippayattu is the traditional martial art of Kerala. Beleived to be one of the oldest martial art. Also called mother of all martial arts.

A documentary on Kalaripayattu / Kalari shot in the 90s. It shows Guru Balachandran Nair's Kalari, his Kalaripayattu students, and his son Girish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom