What's new

India state bans book on Jinnah

Indian politicians are from a different planet...I cannot think of 5 leaders who thoroughly deserve the post or power they hold.Infact, I cannot think of 5 humble, professional, clean, hard working, nationalist leaders who have any influence to get things done......

Dr Singh is either powerless or brainless (probably not both..) as he tends to not utter a word on these issues or even if he does...it doesnt matter..what a shame?

I have come to the conclusion that they not only take us people for granted and a take us for a big ride but that we all are gullible enough to fall for it and time and again

What culture bans books with aplomb and gets away with it? (Modi wont be able to read himself...as it must be beyond his intellectual capacities....and I shudder when I think that some big corporate honchos of which I really use to respect one of them proclaimed that Modi must become the next PM as he has provided an enabling climate in Gujarat...really? so it doesnt matter that he might be jailed for his crimes of 2002?? or that the business friendly rules are patently anti-common man. Its a shame that these fellows have so much wealth and influence when either they are blinded by Ultra nationalism or just want to make money...one way or the other)...

Its just one state today but tomorrow it could be the whole country. What stops these guys from taking over? I havent heard a word from even a Rahul Gandhi maybe saying something along the lines of "yes, my grand pa wasnt a saint and might have made mistakes even though he was a great man"..whats the big deal in admitting that???...or standing up against the ban on books or liquor or both..

Anyhow, I feel this is like an abyss that we are falling into....and by the time we reach the bottom we might become....exactly what we didnt want to become....Non-secular, Non-democratic, Closed..order taking society...

We are at the edge of the precipice...will a Gandhi or a Jinnay (ironically) or some 'Normal' man arise and save us from slipping off the edge....

Am waiting with bated breath...

Last edited:
Indian politicians are from a different planet...
Possibly the same planet Pakistani politicians are from?

What culture bans books with aplomb and gets away with it?
Look to your West and your East.

I have come to the conclusion that they not only take us people for granted and a take us for a big ride but that we all are gullible enough to fall for it and time and again

Hmm, so it's a win, win?

Easy, that politicians are scum in not new, that we are more and more aware of this and don't like it because it represents us, well, this awareness should be cultivated, I think anyway.

just for knowledge
please do not consider it a troll is there any book in pakistan that criticial of jinnah by a famous author???

There must be. Besides there are many articles and write ups which are critical of Jinnah but we never banned these.

Jaswant's book should be banned all over India: BJP
IANS 21 August 2009, 01:29pm IST

BHOPAL: Senior BJP leader Kailash Sarang on Friday demanded that the book on Pakistan's founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah by expelled party leader Jaswant Jaswant Singh holds his book titled 'Jinnah: India, Partition, Independence'. A senior BJP leader has demanded that the book should be banned in the whole country. (PTI Photo)
Singh should be banned in the whole country.

Talking to PTI, Sarang said the book has already been banned by the Gujarat Government and hoped that a similar step would be taken soon by other BJP ruled states also.

When asked if the Madhya Pradesh Government should also ban this book, Sarang hoped that it would be banned here also.

Asked how he viewed Jaswant Singh's expulsion from the BJP, he said in his view this was "most appropriate step".

The senior BJP leader said the biggest mistake committed by Jaswant Singh was to unnecessarily heap praise on Jinnah.

He said BJP was a responsible political party and no leader from it could be given permission to praise someone who was responsible for the Partition.

Jaswant's book should be banned all over India: BJP - India - NEWS - The Times of India

There must be. Besides there are many articles and write ups which are critical of Jinnah but we never banned these.

please can you give me some links related to the articles ...
just wanted to go through for reading purposes..

in india ...i personally feel there should be greater need of artistic freedom be it literature or arts .... but as i say india is still evolving ...

my personal view is that many masterpieces were taken away from public from long times
just like a marathi drama on nathuram godse "me nathuram godse boltoi"
salman rushdie's satanic verses
taslima nasreen's lajja
even da vinci code came out with certain condition
danish cartoon were never shown in print media
mira nair faced lot of flak for water
mf hussain for painting..

wish is they should let go of this bigotry..

i fully endorse the view that jaswant singh should have been removed , he moved away too from the party line as such he removal can be justified ...but banning the book ...it cannot be digested..

i just think when will we can achieve a position where we can accept a person like michael moore in our midst??

Last edited:
please can you give me some links related to the articles ...
just wanted to go through for reading purposes..

I frequently travel to Islamabad and pindi so i read the papers and trust me there are many which are critical of Jinnah but these do appear in our media without any objection. i dont have links at the moment.

my personal view is that many masterpieces were taken away from public from long times
just like a marathi drama on nathuram godse "me nathuram godse boltoi"
salman rushdie's satanic verses
taslima nasreen's lajja
even da vinci code came out with certain condition
danish cartoon were never shown in print media
mira nair faced lot of flak for water
mf hussain for painting..

wish is they should let go of this bigotry..

i fully endorse the view that jaswant singh should have been removed , he moved away too from the party line as such he removal can be justified ...but banning the book ...it cannot be digested..

i just think when will we can achieve a position where we can accept a person like michael moore in our midst??

I can understand you and reddy are trying to bring in religion into this thread but kindly keep the religion out of this thread.

Mr Patel, Gandhi, Jinnah or Nehru or even anyone for that matter could not be compared to Gods or prophets no matter how much great they were.

So please keep it out of this thread it will only derail the thread.

I think there should be no excuse for shying awya from accepting that those who are criticisng Jaswant or banning his book for praising Jinnah, all are wrong. Because even if entire India bans Jaswant's book on Jinnah it wont hurt Pakistan in anyway. If i think as a rival it would make me happy to see this happening all arround India. But if you ask me as a neutral person then indeed its unfortunate.

I think there should be no excuse for shying awya from accepting that those who are criticisng Jaswant.....for praising Jinnah, all are wrong.
Interesting.

Why do you think that Jaswant is beyond criticism?

I can understand you and reddy are trying to bring in religion into this thread but kindly keep the religion out of this thread.

Mr Patel, Gandhi, Jinnah or Nehru or even anyone for that matter could not be compared to Gods or prophets no matter how much great they were.

pardon me if it seems out of context ...but for any country which swears by it democratic credential literary and artistic freedom are the essence of the democracy...which if taken away from it digs out a gaping hole in the very fabric of democracy....
I think there should be no excuse for shying awya from accepting that those who are criticisng Jaswant or banning his book for praising Jinnah, all are wrong. Because even if entire India bans Jaswant's book on Jinnah it wont hurt Pakistan in anyway. If i think as a rival it would make me happy to see this happening all arround India. But if you ask me as a neutral person then indeed its unfortunate.

every party or organization is run by a set of principal .. if an indivdual seems to deviate from these policy ..its the descision of the higher authority .to take punitive action of what seems suitable for him..

whether it hurts pakistan or jinnah is irrelevent (my opinion, you are free to differ from it) for bjp its the criticism of patel which undid jaswant....
and bjp is free to peruse its objective with its own free will ,which it considers beneficial for the party ..

whether it makes the rival happy is of least consideration, think of Fahrenheit 9/11 even that too made rival happy but every on knows what happen in the end...

Interesting.

Why do you think that Jaswant is beyond criticism?

did i say that ?

All i am saying that they are expelling him and banning book just because he praised Jinnah, then they are wrong indeed.

But again its your country :) whatever you want i dont have problem if you ban his book

did i say that ?

All i am saying that they are expelling him and banning book just because he praised Jinnah, then they are wrong indeed.
Did you say that? Yes you did. What you said was:
I think there should be no excuse for shying awya from accepting that those who are criticisng Jaswant or banning his book for praising Jinnah, all are wrong.
Why are you backtracking now?

Maybe you shouldn't speak twice before thinking.
But again its your country :) whatever you want i dont have problem if you ban his book
I am not at all comfortable with any kind of book banning, whether or not I agree with the author.

Did you say that? Yes you did. What you said was:

Why are you backtracking now?

Maybe you shouldn't speak twice before thinking.

I am not at all comfortable with any kind of book banning, whether or not I agree with the author.

hay what dont you think so those who are against Jaswant on this issue are wrong? atleast there is no basis for hating him just because he praised a great man like Jinnah.

hay what dont you think so those who are against Jaswant on this issue are wrong? atleast there is no basis for hating him just because he praised a great man like Jinnah.

just like jaswant has an opinion on jinnah, any person any person has a free right to have a different opinion of him...and to them (can count me one of them) his analogy about jinnah is wrong...just a classic principal of democracy..
if you criticize someone one should also be ready to accept the criticism on himself..

just like jaswant has an opinion on jinnah, any person any person has a free right to have a different opinion of him...and to them (can count me one of them) his analogy about jinnah is wrong...just a classic principal of democracy..
if you criticize someone one should also be ready to accept the criticism on himself..

But he is ready to be criticised. But there is no reason to expell him i mean solid reason.

Back
Top Bottom