What's new

India snubs Pakistan's demand for dialogue on J&K, says talk only on contemporary, relevant issues

Laozi

Reaction score
Country
India
491592-449593-india-pakistan.jpg

India snubs Pakistan's demand for dialogue on J&K, says talk only on contemporary, relevant issues

Sat, 13 Aug 2016-11:25pm , New Delhi , PTI
"India would welcome a dialogue on contemporary and relevant issues in India-Pakistan relations. At this time they include a stoppage of Pakistani support for cross-border terrorism, infiltration of terrorists like Bahadur Ali, said external Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.

Virtually turning down Pakistan's proposal that it would invite India for a dialogue on J&K, India today made it clear that it would talk on "contemporary and relevant" issues in Indo-Pak relations and at this time it included stoppage of Pak-supported cross-border terrorism.

"India would welcome a dialogue on contemporary and relevant issues in India-Pakistan relations. At this time they include a stoppage of Pakistani support for cross-border terrorism, infiltration of terrorists like Bahadur Ali.

"Incitement to violence and terrorism across the border, parading of internationally recognised terrorists like Hafiz Saeed and Syed Salahuddin, and sincere follow up on the Mumbai attack trial and the Pathankot attack investigation in Pakistan," External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.

He was replying to a question on a statement by Prime Minister's Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz at a press briefing yesterday that Pakistan would invite India for a dialogue on Jammu & Kashmir for which the Pakistan Foreign Secretary would be writing to his Indian counterpart. "Our Foreign Secretary would formally be writing to his counterpart in this regard," Aziz had said as he briefed the media about the Pakistan's Envoys Conference held on August 1 -3 to deliberate on major foreign policy challenges of Pakistan and make recommendations.

At a separate event, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said, "Unlike in the past we cannot agree that dialogue with sponsor and supporters of terrorism should carry on without being linked to action in that regard", in an apparent reference to Pakistan. "Threat of terrorism dominates global concerns today. It is an issue which has confronted Indian diplomacy for many years because of its cross border manifestation.

"Unlike in the past we cannot agree that dialogue with sponsor and supporters of terrorism should carry on without being linked to action in that regard. At the international level we are also putting the spotlight on early conclusion of a comprehensive convention on international terrorism," she said

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...-only-on-contemporary-relevant-issues-2244801

good. Talks only after it is clear that Pakistan have learnt their lessons, are able to show they have stopped cross border terrorism and mend their ways. Plus as Modi said, they should also bring clarity who is running Pakistan - is it the jihadis? is it the military? is it the executive? what?

But I wouldn't term this a snub. It is simply a rejection based on terms and conditions.

good. Talks only after it is clear that Pakistan have learnt their lessons, are able to show they have stopped cross border terrorism and mend their ways. Plus as Modi said, they should also bring clarity who is running Pakistan - is it the jihadis? is it the military? is it the executive? what?

But I wouldn't term this a snub. It is simply a rejection based on terms and conditions
any type of bilateral engagement must not be proconditional
that is the stance of Pakistan
with both of them not willing to let down their guard
Talks are hard to imagine let alone a solution

nobody cares about Pakistan's stand. Pakistan has been told repeatedly - if you want talks, 1) then stop terrorism from your country 2) prosecute the terrorists or hand them over and 3) prove you have done 1 & 2 in a sustainable way that we can believe. If you can't do that, don't waste our time.

nobody cares about Pakistan's stand. Pakistan has been told repeatedly - if you want talks, 1) then stop terrorism from your country 2) prosecute the terrorists or hand them over and 3) prove you have done 1 & 2 in a sustainable way that we can believe. If you can't do that, don't waste our time.
exactly Indian mindset
they dont want UN role
they dont want to take Pakistani opinion in "bilateral issue"
they dont listen to Kasmiris in their held part
do i have to say anything more?

exactly Indian mindset
they dont want UN role
they dont want to take Pakistani opinion in "bilateral issue"
they dont listen to Kasmiris in their held part
do i have to say anything more?

not really, and I am glad at least one Pakistani seems to have finally understood. Now go explain it to other Pakistanis

India is quite categorical about terrorism, no talks until 26/11 perpetrators are brought to justice. Even if kashmir burns also there would be no change in stance. It is not pre conditional but a sign that pakistan is serious about talks.
If pakistan indulges in terrorism why have talks they can continue what they are doing.

But I wouldn't term this a snub. It is simply a rejection based on terms and conditions.
true, either fight or talk.

its you who needs to understand
well not you actually as you are just an idiot with an internet connection but the people in govt.
ni ty na sai

tut tut! such foaming and name calling. For a nation of losers, Pakistan doesn't doesn't seem to have developed any grace in losing!

It is not pre conditional but a sign that pakistan is serious about talks
sir u need to read what u just wrote
26/11 perpetrators are brought to justice
again delayed by India
If pakistan indulges in terrorism why have talks they can continue what they are doing
modi just supported insurgents in Balochistan

i am really not in the mood to engage with same people on same topic over and over again so i am gonna act mature as no matter how this discussion ends it is not gonna make any difference and you people are just gonna end making a fool of yourself ......... well not only you people though....... so its 2 am in Pakistan wish me independence day at least and gud night

, Pakistan doesn't doesn't seem to have developed any grace in losing!
so you claim grace in killing , blinding and raping
yeah we dont want

so you claim grace in killing , blinding and raping
yeah we dont want

well you did try killing blinding and raping in Dacca, you still lost. you surrendered en masse and had to be protected by the Indian army.

Least you could do is learn to be graceful loser.

well you did try killing blinding and raping in Dacca, you still lost. you surrendered en masse and had to be protected by the Indian army.
ever heard Mukti Bahini
sure u did u created it
at least be a gud debater
well no can do
but i really dont want ur shit so kindly refrain from quoting me again or else i will reply again and the thread will eventualy be closed by waz so thread started i gave an opinion u disagreed lets move on princess

Kashmir is in chaos this is both contemporary and relevant.

Indians just cant accept that kashmiris want freedom away from India and india blames it on Pakistan, not realising Pakistan cant do anything to crush kashmir's desire for freedom nor would we want to

India can close its eyes and cover it's ears all it wants but kashmiris just want freedom

ever heard Mukti Bahini
sure u did u created it
at least be a gud debater
well no can do
but i really dont want ur shit so kindly refrain from quoting me again or else i will reply again and the thread will eventualy be closed by waz so thread started i gave an opinion u disagreed lets move on princess

ah, so you have heard of Mukti Bahini? that's a good start. But I am fairly certain that they wouldn't have taught you the full story, so I will. They are they people that were making literal mince meat of the raping and pillaging Pakistani army. At one point your entire Pakistani army was so ****scared that they begged the Indian army to protect them - hence the famous surrender of 90000+ Pakistani army. You can thank your Ayub Khan and Bhutto for such great leadership.

Back
Top Bottom