What's new

India should sever ties with Israel: Brinda

Introvert

Reaction score
India should sever ties with Israel: Brinda

New Delhi (PTI): Terming Israel's attacks on Gaza strip as the "blackest face of state terror", the CPI(M)on Tuesday asked the UPA government to severe its ties with Tel Aviv.

Leading a protest march against the attacks here, CPI (M) Polit Bureau member Brinda Karat said, "maintaining relations with a government that believes in state terror is against Indian interests in the international arena."

She criticised the failure of the government to condemn the attacks.

"Its very shameful that the word 'condemn' has not been used by the government while referring to Israel's attacks on Palestine," she said.

"Our independent foreign policy is under threat and West Asia wants India to condemn these attacks," she added.

Calling the attacks as a ploy to snatch the right of Palestinians to their nation, she said,"the US and Israel do not recognise the Hamas government in Palestine which has been elected by the people there."

Brinda accused Israel of blocking the supplies of Palestinians' daily needs and targeting innocent people in the name of Hamas.

Karat also attacked the UN and said,"the UN looks like an institution of the US which works on its directions. If it has to maintain its credibility, than it has to immediately intervene and compel Israel to stop these gruesome attacks."

The Hindu News Update Service

Indian Commies are always at front to condemn such incidents.

India will not sever ties with Israel because it is now in America's camp and deems that maintaining such ties will help India eliminate Pakistan.

Hey i thnk india played all game to divert world attention for attcks against Pakistan.. So that they should nt prtest ..n at the same tym Israel attacked on GAZA .. all game was played by India on it own thts wht v got prooves b/c Mrs karkare blamed BJP for killing Mr Karkare and denied to accept any compensations from Indian Govt... how Clever.. i was personally unable to understand the whole issue tht y india will do that now i get it .. politically India will give statements against Israel .. but its mutual game...

those damn commies

doesn't any1 know that communism is a failed ideology?

they already lost whatever power they had

lol silly losers

Hate to ask this question but has Egypt broken all diplomatic ties with Israel

Brinda is spent fuel in Indian political power struggle.Her party's and her views are just for local muslim consumption.

On the long run India will pay the price for strengthens her ties with Israel.

Blimey...a four year old thread is pulled out from the attic. Things have changed quite q lot for Brinda Karat since then. Ask her now.. I'm sure the opinion would be quite opposite this time around.

Back
Top Bottom