What's new

India should have informed in advance about K-4 SLBM test:Pak .

cerberus

Reaction score
Country
Germany
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Thursday expressed serious concern over Indian tests of nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, saying it would “disturb strategic balance in South Asia”.

Speaking at a weekly news briefing here, Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said India should have informed Pakistan in advance about the test.

The spokesperson dismissed concerns about threats to Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal, saying the country enjoys safety of its weapons.

In March, India tested a nuclear capable long range submarine missile in the Indian Ocean.

This has raised concerns over the nuclear balance in the region, and more specifically the nuclearisation of the Indian Ocean. The Foreign Office had previously stated that Pakistan is ready to work with India to prevent an arms race in the region.

In February, the National Command Authority, the country’s top decision-making body on nuclear issues, had renewed the proposal for the Strategic Restraint Regime, which has been on the table since October 1998.

India has remained opposed to the proposal and avoided negotiations on the matter.

http://idrw.org/india-should-have-informed-in-advance-about-k-4-slbm-testpak/

That is some serious SENSE of Entitlement

Pak and India have a mutual agreement to inform each other in advance about missle test...!
Some times the C word is just not enough for these kind of people..

I guess it is fair to be upset about it..... When there is an agreement it should have been followed..... Tomorrow pak can test a missile with out prior info.......

it was conducted in the Bay of Bengal, so no way it could have been mistaken for a hostile incoming threat toward Pakistan.

That hyphenation with Pakistan, and arrangement of July 2004. so called confidence building measures. when there is Zero confidence between India and Pak. It should have been scrapped.

it lapsed ?

It was meaning less anyway ; we did not conduct that test over Pakistani mainland
or near their shores ; these tests are done FAR away in Bay of Bengal

NOTAM and NAVAREA warnings are enough

Pak and India have a mutual agreement to inform each other in advance about missle test...!
Some times the C word is just not enough for these kind of people..
We have informed you, but it was deep under the water so I think you couldn't hear us. :lol:
On Topic- what balance is pakistan talking about? India is miles ahead. Sometimes it is necessary to keep some secret for the national security.

There is no need for such an agreement in the first place.

It was meaning less anyway ; we did not conduct that test over Pakistani mainland
or near their shores ; these tests are done FAR away in Bay of Bengal

NOTAM and NAVAREA warnings are enough

Still don't get the logic of Informing about a "secret" test. The purpose the test is lost isn't it ? also some serious balance logic there... The only balance exists because dealing with em is like dealing with suicide bomber.

"Don't slap me when I hit you because then I am going to blow my house and your house to smithereens" that's the MAD doctrine (literally). Its no balance.

??? Didn't we gave NOTAM/NAVERA warnings ?

False accusations....
No one will ever give the exact specifications of a missile.

Back
Top Bottom