What's new

India’s eunuchs demand access to welfare programs

somebozo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  1. Please refrain from trolling and flaming.
  2. What is Pakistan doing in this regards as I know there are many enuch in Pakistan and somewhere in Sadr, Karachi I have also seen "Khawajgan welfare society" Whatever that is but someone told me it was for enuches given the concentrations of their around the welfare center.

India’s eunuchs demand access to welfare programs

By AP

Published: Jul 25, 2011 18:52 Updated: Jul 25, 2011 18:52

KOLKATA, India: Eunuchs in India are demanding an end to discrimination against them and access to government welfare programs.

The term eunuch is used in India to describe transvestites, transsexuals and others who identify themselves as neither male nor female but as a members of a third gender.

Sobha Haldar, the secretary of a eunuch group, said around 3,000 eunuchs were meeting in Kolkata on Monday to draft a strategy to highlight the poverty, discrimination and sexual abuse faced by them.

The eunuchs are demanding a quota of government jobs, health care and subsidized food.

There are about 700,000 eunuchs living in India. They traditionally survive by begging, dancing at weddings, or blessing newborn babies, and are frequently subjected to discrimination.

© 2010 Arab News

I am surprised that they do not have access to Govt health program mes already.

Nothing wrong

These people biological eunuchs. There are mental eunuchs who are ministers in national or state Govts - they have access to all.

Eunuch are there the world over.

At least in India they have a voice!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom