What's new

India’s Agni-V ICBM to Carry Multiple Nuclear Warheads

@Safriz

''The missile launched today was in a depressed trajectory with an apogee of 600 kilometers and reached a max velocity of 7,000 kilometers before landing in a predestined spot in the Indian Ocean.''

An Agni-V Leap Forward | Flashpoints

''9). Seventeen metres tall, Agni-V's three-stages are powered by solid propellants. The first rocket engine takes it to a height of about 40 kilometres. The second stage pushes it to about 150 kilometres. The third stage takes it to about 300 kilometres above the Earth. The missile finally reaches a height of about 800 kilometres.''

Top 10 facts about Agni-V | NDTV.com

Last edited by a moderator:
link us an article or news or any material saying that..

only one wiki link exists where it says 800km apogee for agni V.

post some links....even ajay blog will do....

its another thing that such exact details about a strategic weapon system may be hatd to find..but there must be a reason why so many people are making such a claim...

link Agni-IV missile successfully test-fired - Hindustan Times

India successfully test-fired Agni-IV, a strategic nuclear-capable missile with a 3,000-km range, from Wheeler Island off the Odisha coast on Tuesday. "The missile had a text book trajectory and reached a height of about 900 km and reached the pre-designed target in the international waters of Bay of Bengal. All mission objectives were fully met," said SP Dash, director, Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur, around 200 km from here.

Agni-IV, which was launched from a road mobile system at 9am, is the most advanced indigenously developed long-range missile of the Agni series.

"The indigenously developed missile will have better accuracy and improved range," Dash said. The scientist said the missile is one of its kind in the world, giving a quantum leap in technology.

its another thing that such exact details about a strategic weapon system may be hatd to find..but there must be a reason why so many people are making such a claim...

Agni IV attained height of 900 km on its first flight on Nov 2011.

Agni-IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Livefist: VIDEO: Today's Successful Agni-IV Test

Any sources for this?

Indian_MIRV_Technology_1.jpg

726a5eff-ce29-4ffd-8e27-18d4965f9871-734791.jpg

This image is from livefist

Livefist: EXCLUSIVE: Artist's Impression Of MIRV Warhead On Agni-III

ok....I never claimed to be right...
even 800 km isn't enough elevation for MIRV .
best guess is one more stage will be needed.

Well if what China claimed is true about Agni 5 true missile range is not as stated, it is feasible to believe no extra stages are needed.

This has to do more with Political will than technological ability.

or the need.....
Weight and dimensions of Agni-V are comparable to Trident,so in theory it is possible that Agni can carry MIRV.
But china hasn't announced or demonstrated MIRV capability , India may be playing the waiting game and/or working to make improvements and modifications to Agni for carrying MIRV...

or the need.....
Weight and dimensions of Agni-V are comparable to Trident,so in theory it is possible that Agni can carry MIRV.
But china hasn't announced or demonstrated MIRV capability , India may be playing the waiting game and/or working to make improvements and modifications to Agni for carrying MIRV...

What has China not showing capability got to do with Indian missile development ??

Just because China has not demonstrated does not mean that we should not develope it.

Agni-IV test-flight a

We are again going over same thing here & there. Everybody knows that what we are capable of or what we are going to do next. Still make impression like They are never going to believe what is happening in-front of there own eyes.
Off- topic, My life is going through hell these days friends. In professional life everything is great but personal life is really fucked up.
Even my mobile is not with me, internet facility is down. Due to DOCOMO fault I have suffered severely since last 3 to 4 weeks. Now have decided will move to Vodafone for mobile services & will change the Internet facility as well. How is Vodafone working in Mumbai & in Varanasi folks. I am going for company change from TATA DOCOMO to Vodafone(for mobile & internet both.).

I guess it will carry 3 warheads

MIRVEd Agni 5 may have differently shaped third stage i.e like Topol M, as current pointed nose section is not suitable for carrying MIRVs(offers less space)

Its IRBM, not MRBM

SS-20/RSD-10 IRBM carried it's three RVs's like this without any missile shroud.
2GKN41s.jpg

399px-SS-20_Pioneer_Missile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ok....I never claimed to be right...
even 800 km isn't enough elevation for MIRV .
best guess is one more stage will be needed.

No. 800 km is enough for MIRV. The Qasi Ballistic Missiles don't even travel to 800 KM in altitude still they carry MIRV. The only up-gradation is to put an extra motor on Rvs.

Not independent seekers?

Normally simple MIRV warheads do not have any navigational systems on board neither any extra motor. They are released consecutively by a bus which has a navigation system and a motor and flies on a basaltic path.

Whether single warhead has navigation system and a motor of their own, it is a debatable topic, because If it has, it will reduce the radiation damage by factor of 4 and blast damage by a factor of 8.

Back
Top Bottom