ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India releases 37 Pakistani prisoners
By Mateen Haider
Published 42 minutes ago
5388789bd1576.jpg

Released Pakistani fishermen prisoners wait to cross the border to Pakistan at the India-Pakistan Wagah border post on May 30, 2014. — Photo by AFP
ISLAMABAD: India on Friday released 37 Pakistani prisoners — five of them civil and the remaining 32 fishermen — and handed them over to Pakistani authorities at the Wagah border, Foreign Office spokeswoman Tasneem Aslam told Dawn.

However, 484 Pakistani prisoners (348 civil and 136 fishermen) still remain lodged in Indian jails. Out of these, 25 civil prisoners have completed their sentences and await repatriation.

Aslam said that on May 26, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had directed that 151 Indian prisoners (one civil and 150 fishermen) be released as a good will gesture towards the neighbouring country ahead of his historic visit to New Delhi to attend Narendra Modi's swearing-in as premier.

"Pakistan has always held that the issue of prisoners in our respective countries is a humanitarian one and should be taken in that spirit,” the spokeswoman remarked.

"It is our hope that the Indian government would release all Pakistani prisoners who have completed their sentences,” she remarked.

Good News!!!!!!!

I think both nation should not have a problem in taking this step......Release those prisoners who has completed their sentences..... and also those fishermen who unknowingly cross the imaginary boarder in sea......

For every thread, there's always one stupid post.

Your fishermen get taken the same way.

Wow.... did I upset you... It was a general statement not to fish in our water... Ofcourse our fishermen gets taken the same way, did I disagree....

Same goes for your fisherman, next time send them to Bangladesh, I heard that they've got good fish over there:p:

Yes paddar ellishs are very good, and our fishermen are regular hunters in their water... you just take care of your part of the world

I think we must release all Pakistani fishermen. Ok, so they strayed into Indian waters. But out at sea it's extremely difficult to identify territorial waters/EEZ as there are no landmarks to depend on. And the fishermen are mostly uneducated.

Yes paddar ellishs are very good, and our fishermen are regular hunters in their water... you just take care of your part of the world
and the 150 fisherman that we released came into our waters for seaweed?

Wow.... did I upset you... It was a general statement not to fish in our water... Ofcourse our fishermen gets taken the same way, did I disagree....

Why even mention it? They're poor fishermen, who don't have strayed on to your waters and some of them would have no idea.

Just accept that it's a good gesture and that no fishermen need to be detained like this. Simple.
If I made a statement like this on the thread where Indian fishermen were released, I would ruin the tone of the thread. You don't put a 'and stay out' kinda warning on a good will gesture thread like this.

Why even mention it? There poor fishermen, who don't have strayed on to your waters and some of them would have no idea.

Just accept that it's a good gesture and that no fishermen need to be detained like this. Simple.
If I made a statement like this on the thread where Indian fishermen were released, I would ruin the tone of the thread. You don't put a 'and stay out' kinda warning on a good will gesture thread like this.

You are making a building out of a brick... I said not to fish in our waters, cause if they are found they will be jailed again. Same goes both sides.

I hope this post made it clear.

and the 150 fisherman that we released came into our waters for seaweed?

Fishermen doesnt fish for seaweed... and this thread belongs to your fishermen...

You are making a building out of a brick... I said not to fish in our waters, cause if they are found they will be jailed again. Same goes both sides.

I hope this post made it clear.

Fishermen doesnt fish for seaweed... and this thread belongs to your fishermen...
You are just like Nana Patekar: *Confused*

I hereby order both country's respective govt to stop putting innocent fishermen into jail unnecessarily and rather just warn them and let them go back :enjoy:

Dude keep Mr. Nana out of this. He's one of the finest actor in Bollywood.

You are just like Nana Patekar: *Confused*

Back
Top Bottom