What's new

India ready for ban on nuclear weapons: NSA(India)

i dont care about pakistan but we should ban our nuclear weapons...good sense would prrevail in pakistan too once we ban them...however i am not to optimistic that we indeed would go on and ban the...some countries have indeed banned nukes after testing them and feilding them for a short time.

Do you think they will just give up their weapons?

First there will be conspiracy theories saying India still has weapons so we should not give them up.:rofl:

Look at the NSA's statement. 'elimination' altogether and 'verifiable'.?? Impossible...

I think india's stand is very reasonable: everyone gives up nukes or everyone just shuts up.

well when the cold war was on and when the yanks and the ruskies were entangled in their arms race...there was a movment of the students of both america and the soviet union who protested unitedly against the nuclear stash of both the super-powers...what impact these movements actually had is not important but that there were people on both sides who wanted to rid the world of a major chunk of nuclear weapons.
no body in their right mind would dare to use nukes in whatsoever situation they face...so why not destroy them once and for all?

well when the cold war was on and when the yanks and the ruskies were entangled in their arms race...there was a movment of the students of both america and the soviet union who protested unitedly against the nuclear stash of both the super-powers...what impact these movements actually had is not important but that there were people on both sides who wanted to rid the world of a major chunk of nuclear weapons.
no body in their right mind would dare to use nukes in whatsoever situation they face...so why not destroy them once and for all?

I dont think nukes are going to be destroyed, until something even more dangerous can be invented by US or some other super power. then, everyone will agree to destroying nukes, and US can still maintain its supremacy by the new invention. cycle continues.

This statement by India is just to win applause :yahoo: :smitten: from the International Community and Nothing Else.

This statement will also act like Nice toppings for US-Indo :bunny: Nuclear Deal.

India will Never :what::disagree: agree to such a thing SINCERELY :devil:.

Just to show India is a Peace Loving Country :angel:.

If This step is really Implemented (which I think is Impossible) It will be a Huge step for Economic Boom for Both the countries and Investors will Invest Money in the region without the fear of Nuclear Mushroom.

This whole move is really good India was/is and always be against the CTBT or NPT and other discriminatory treaties. Now as mr. Obama tries to pass the CTBT in US congress and force India to accept it. India will conveniently say that we want complete ban on nuclear weapons. On which reaching to any consensus is very difficult.

Hence the status quo will continue.

No one is giving up nukes...I thought this was quite easy to understand?.

Back
Top Bottom