What's new

India re-examining US pacts that could give access to top-notch weapons like armed drones

India will wait forever for another Indian fail project. Indian military has zero confidence in India produced weapons. And can you blame them?

I understand but a failed project is better than a failed treaty/pact/agreement. That was my point. Hope you agree.

I understand but a failed project is better than a failed treaty. That was my point. Hope you agree.
Actually, for India, its not a fail treaty. India has minimal engineering ability. Anything it can get is a plus. Beggars can't be choosers. As India can only progress through begging.

Actually, for India, its not a fail treaty. India has minimal engineering ability. Anything it can get is a plus. Beggars can't be choosers. As India can only progress through begging.

I take your point but India has mastered the art of begging. When India can get stuff by begging with no pact why beg for stuff with a pact? That is the point. This time you have to agree with me. Please, I am begging.

COMCASA is quite intrusive. The pacts we've signed with the Russians and French are not intrusive. We don't want American citizens in our bases, but COMCASA forces that for some specific functions. It's primarily meant to protect their communication technologies.

It won't apply if we used our own comm systems. But drones require American communication systems since ours are still in development. And modifying foreign drones with Indian comm systems will be too expensive and pointless.

So we may have to swallow the bitter pill.

Yeah i know that why we rejected it many times. And what about Russia do you think India-Russia defence pact for buying S-400/ Akula+ SSN and ToT/IPR for FGFA etc?

Yeah i know that why we rejected it many times. And what about Russia do you think India-Russia defence pact for buying S-400/ Akula+ SSN and ToT/IPR for FGFA etc?

So the s400 deal is still on? I thought US was giving predator drones on condition india abandons russian deals

So the s400 deal is still on? I thought US was giving predator drones on condition india abandons russian deals

Different conditions for different deals.

Indian withdrew from FGFA deal with Russia as that was the condition that US imposed for India to procure F-35 in future (Year 2030 or later)

Russia withdrew from selling S-400 to India as it had a condition that Russia would only sell if India procured FGFA. Since India withdrew from FGFA, S-400 deal is now off the table now.

The condition for procuring Drones is that India has to sign CISMOA & BECA agreements. India plans to sign these agreements in the next couple of months to clear the way for procuring the Drones from the US later this year.

Indian withdrew from FGFA deal with Russia as that was the condition that US imposed for India to procure F-35 in future (Year 2030 or later)

Russia withdrew from selling S-400 to India as it had a condition that Russia would only sell if India procured FGFA. Since India withdrew from FGFA, S-400 deal is now off the table now.

The condition for procuring Drones is that India has to sign CISMOA & BECA agreements. India plans to sign these agreements in the next couple of months to clear the way for procuring the Drones from the US later this year.

Thankyou

Or not buy useless drones. Wait until Rustom comes onboard. What is the hurry?

The Rustom is not as good, it needs to go through block based iterations before it matches the Predator drones, particularly the engines. So this could easily take 10+ years.

India withdrew cuz no one is interested on 5th gen aircraft especially of heavy category. We will buy phase-2 Su-57 or F-35 later when available.

We're buying more MiG's from Russia to compensate the FGFA deal. S-400+MiG's+more stuff is going to sign soon.

India withdrew cuz no one is interested on 5th gen aircraft especially of heavy category. We will buy phase-2 Su-57 or F-35 later when available.

We're buying more MiG's from Russia to compensate the FGFA deal. S-400+MiG's+more stuff is going to sign soon.

Any links to your claims?

Any links to your claims?

I'm just summarizing this after various news in public like there were some news of buying old MiG-29 from Russia. Watch IAF chief seminar video for more info about F-35/FGFA. Also there was news about signing S-400 deal before putin visit and many more. You will see..

thats exadtly what i have heard and russia has agreed to give latest gen GaN AESA radar for all Mig29s & new Mig35s for india and FGFA engines & version of its Radar for super sukhoi upgrade

I'm just summarizing this after various news in public like there were some news of buying old MiG-29 from Russia. Watch IAF chief seminar video for more info about F-35/FGFA. Also there was news about signing S-400 deal before putin visit and many more. You will see..

Nevermind!!!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom